nog is the greatest

Well, obviously a 'fresh' or "coherent" Nog in the guard against Fedor is a tad more dangerous to Fedor but how long would he be able to stay "coherent?"

The finals are set for huge rematch with Fedor and Mino but then will come the arguements of who was not as "fresh" as the other.

True, thats the things about tournaments, its more exciting with the buildup and not knowing who will face each other and obviously a more accurate assessment of who the better fighter is in a single matchup but never the less, with Crocop gone, we cant help but to anticipate Fedor and Mino clashing again but I dont anyone can bank on anything after what we saw in the first round.

BUT in the likeliness that they do meet again, its tough not to imagine the fight going to Fedor in Mino's guard.

I guess the question is will Mino be able to sweep and keep position or sub Fedor before the bombs fly.

Will Fedor attempt to pass? Will he need to?

Will Mino get the takedown or will there be any scrambles to give us a position we didnt see last time?

Btw, Luv, Yokoi def. looked comfortable and confident for his first step up in fighting the big boys but how did he "toy" with Mino?

What did Yokoi do to inflict any damage or manipulate his opponent.

He was doing alright but didnt really engage as Mino said or mount and considerable offense, though he wasnt sitting on his ass either. He def. was looking for some gnp, got a few shots in, nothing damaging, and was active.

But Mino did the only schooling that fight.

id like to see Nog take Fedor down without getting rocked.

Agreed that Nog is a MASTER mma artist. Definatly one of the best. Fedor just seems to have him though. I couldn't believe Fedor dominated him so completely! That fight was NOT even close. If you don't believe me, look at Nog in the end. When he is on his hands and knees and is all weepy. He knew it wasn't even worth raising his hands and walking to his corner.

"why risk a transitional sweep or sub by Mino when your method aint broke (and not just simply scoring mere 'points' but plainly doing lots of damage?"

I can see why Fedor thought he had a legit shot at KOing Mino.

But at the same time, after fifteen minutes or so, it kind of became clear it wasn't going to happen. The point is always to finish your opponent. I would have liked to have seen Fedor try something different, maybe stand up out of the guard (or don't go down in the first place) and take the fight back to the feet, or try to pass guard. Something that could have led to a real finish.

Fedor's striking beat Noguiera, not his Judo.Fedor's Judo allowed him to stay on top and escape Noguiera's sub attempts. all of which permitted Fedor to throw those strikes.

Yes, he was injured when Fedor's punch broke his face.

he did say something about not bein able to defend his left side due to injury....

There both awesome but they have fought and Fedor dominated so until they fight again I have to give the title of the "best" to Fedor currently.

Up until they fight again, i think its definate that Fedor has to be ranked above Nog but its still close and they should very well match up soon.

But then what?

Its one and one and they all pretty much beaten the same guys.

I guess edge would have to go to Mino.

Of all People Fedor Let Mark Coleman get his back and Mark is not very good at submissions I can say this much if Fedor and Nog meet in the Finals and Fedor Makes a mistake like that you can sure bet....luck aint gonna cut it when it comes to nog and subs..

mark, taking someone's back and executing submissions are not the same thing, right?

coleman is a great wrestler and taking someone's back is a position not a submission.

coleman took fedor's back because of the scrambles for position and coleman's superior wrestling imo.

i dont think we need to talk about luck since fedor already beat mino and did not make that mistake.

im def. not saying mino cant sub fedor (mino could sub anyone we all know) but i just dont think thats a good comparison. coleman and nog fight differently.

yeah and i seriously doubt fedor was worried about colemans submission ability from the back, it's not as easy to tap someone from behind as it seems anyway

Nog will win.

good points all..........mino will win, he's the man

I don't think Fedor is unconcerned with positioning, I imagine he doesn't think of position from a BJJ perspective.

Unless Minotauro dramatically changes his fight style I don't see him beating Fedor.

"Like I said, if Mino can avoid the heavy punches, I think he can win. If not, then Fedor will take it."

- OH MY GOD! YOU COULD BE RIGHT! GEE, WHY DIDNT ANYONE ELSE THINK OF THIS????

"I imagine he doesn't think of position from a BJJ perspective."

Which is a weakness.

- really? (scratches head) I thought being pounded nearly senseless for an entire fight was the bigger "weakness" that fight.

Maybe, just possibly, thats why Fedor won.

Ricco BEAT Nog!

How is Fedor not concerned with position? The only times I've seen him with bad position was with Coleman and for a couple seconds against Herring. But it's not like he gave up those positions intentionally. He was trying to get back up against Coleman.

Jesus you guys act as if Fedor is Mino's "Achilles Heel"

Fedor is the man right now but this is MMA and in MMA NO ON is UNBEATABLE... it's just a matter of time i really think Nog is gonna get Fedor this time.