Nog wanted the Sub more than the KO

Wanted a Nogueira Black Belt sub win over Mir's black belt.

Gave up dominant position and a probable TKO.

And paid for it.

I still love him though.

Mur owns big nog. Phone Post

Yep, he got too greedy.

i think the refs warnings for thebackofthe head shots got in Nogs head so he try to sub him

DirtySanchez513 - i think the refs warnings for thebackofthe head shots got in Nogs head so he try to sub him

I thought this too. Taking nothing away from Frank Phone Post

Nog would win 8 out of 10

just kidding :(

DirtySanchez513 - i think the refs warnings for thebackofthe head shots got in Nogs head so he try to sub him

yep

He should not have went for that shitty excuse of a guillotine! He was winning and nearly KO'd Mir on his feet... Phone Post

Boondock - Wanted a Nogueira Black Belt sub win over Mir's black belt.

And paid for it.

I still love him though.
i concur. it was clear nog wanted to show his jits is better

ranier wolfcastle - 
Boondock - Wanted a Nogueira Black Belt sub win over Mir's black belt.

And paid for it.

I still love him though.
i concur. it was clear nog wanted to show his jits is better

Would have been total redemption and a big feather in his cap. Mir would have been livid.

Didn't work out too well.

Pride (not Pride the MMA org but man pride) cost Nog the win. He had Mir beat but he wanted the sub Mir to prove his point. Instead he got subbed and shoulder taken off.

Damn he will relive that a lot. Mir was the first to KO him, and now the first to sub him... and again he had him beat had he just continued to punch him.

Seriously, with the way Mir was (as usual) doing nothing as he got beat down on the ground, Nog only had to touch him wit a few more punches and Dean would called it.

Nog truly found a way snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Bullshit, he went for the sub because Herb Dean started screaming at him about the back of the head. It's not even in doubt. Any other ref and Nog continues punching and finishes him.

I was not surprised he went for that sub, really should have stood him up like frank did to him in the first fight Phone Post

The entirety of Frank's head was open to punches, he wasn't doing anything. If a guy with 40 fights gets that freaked out by the ref, and can't find a near motionless man's face or front side of the head with punches, then it's his fault, no one else.

DirtySanchez513 - i think the refs warnings for thebackofthe head shots got in Nogs head so he try to sub him

I agree. When he flopped for the guillotine I thought it was a bad move. Gotta give propers to Mir for grabbing the grip, preventing the lazy back take and reversing the reversal. Phone Post

Sadyv - The entirety of Frank's head was open to punches, he wasn't doing anything. If a guy with 40 fights gets that freaked out by the ref, and can't find a near motionless man's face or front side of the head with punches, then it's his fault, no one else.

It was that very experience that made him switch it up. What happens if Nog keeps punching and Herb Dean stops the fight, takes a point and gives Mir time to recover? Nog was in the moment and knew he had to end it then and there. Just so happens Herb Dean had other ideas.

I can't be the only one that is driven crazy by Deans unique definition of the back of the head. He has been doing this for years.

That sucked, Nog threw away his victory and i almost cried because of it Phone Post

Hey umm, can anyone give Mir credit for snapping Nogs arm off and being the first to ever submit the legend???

This place is fucking ridiculous. Phone Post

Nog should have took his back...and flattened him out. He had that fight won......instead he got greedy...and underestimated Mir's BJJ.