Nog wanted the Sub more than the KO

Stubjj844 - 
Sadyv - The entirety of Frank's head was open to punches, he wasn't doing anything. If a guy with 40 fights gets that freaked out by the ref, and can't find a near motionless man's face or front side of the head with punches, then it's his fault, no one else.

It was that very experience that made him switch it up. What happens if Nog keeps punching and Herb Dean stops the fight, takes a point and gives Mir time to recover? Nog was in the moment and knew he had to end it then and there. Just so happens Herb Dean had other ideas.

I can't be the only one that is driven crazy by Deans unique definition of the back of the head. He has been doing this for years.

Your point is not a good one. Nog wasn't all "freaked out" by Herb... no, he wanted that Mir stripe on his belt.

I thought so to. In fact, I thought Mir was out. I said to my wife that it was pretty low to slap a submission on a dude that was knocked out just to get the sub..... oooops. Guess he wasn't out... lol

Whats crazy is I don't think Mir has his # or is a better fighter then Nog. I believe he was sick the first and had it in the bag the second before stupidly going for the sub. But how can I, in reality argue the Mir is not the better man after those two wins? I want to cry

Boondock - 
Stubjj844 - 
Sadyv - The entirety of Frank's head was open to punches, he wasn't doing anything. If a guy with 40 fights gets that freaked out by the ref, and can't find a near motionless man's face or front side of the head with punches, then it's his fault, no one else.

It was that very experience that made him switch it up. What happens if Nog keeps punching and Herb Dean stops the fight, takes a point and gives Mir time to recover? Nog was in the moment and knew he had to end it then and there. Just so happens Herb Dean had other ideas.

I can't be the only one that is driven crazy by Deans unique definition of the back of the head. He has been doing this for years.

Your point is not a good one. Nog wasn't all "freaked out" by Herb... no, he wanted that Mir stripe on his belt.

That's my point, I don' think Nog was freaked out, he has been in there too many times to let the ref throw him off like that. He made a really poor decision, and it cost him the match. Herb didn't do it, he did.

er095 - Whats crazy is I don't think Mir has his # or is a better fighter then Nog. I believe he was sick the first and had it in the bag the second before stupidly going for the sub. But how can I, in reality argue the Mir is not the better man after those two wins? I want to cry

I agree with you somewhat. "If only" makes it a hard pill to swallow but wow... wish Nog would have just kept raining fists and finished it.

THAT SAID... Mir was a warrior and that BJJ he showed was brutally awesome. He just broke the arm of one of the greatest MMA submission artists there has been. Truly an amazing comeback and win.

That was just fucking depressing. He snatched defeat from the jaws of victory going for that damn choke. I thought Mir actually went out and might have woken back up. His face was planted on the ground. In a way that was good defence for Mir since Nog didn't have much of a target to hit and Nog going for that sub gave Mir time to recover.

stillmatic - That was just fucking depressing. He snatched defeat from the jaws of victory going for that damn choke. I thought Mir actually went out and might have woken back up. His face was planted on the ground. In a way that was good defence for Mir since Nog didn't have much of a target to hit and Nog going for that sub gave Mir time to recover.

You KNOW this will haunt Nog for the rest of his life.... "I had him... if only I'd kept hitting him."