Nogs sub= BJJ in crisis

"What you talking about the move he did is a no gi move. Tried and trusted. Once you pull his arm under you grab your own bicep, as you would a rear naked. "

Yeah I pulled this one off a year ago never having been taught it, I just envisioned an arm triangle from the front. Works great off the sprawl or immediately after you crossface their head HARD towards one of their shoulders.

Please stop being a know-it-all white belt.

- the common bjj come lately syndrome

Prime example: Your Bitch.

everyone has a different game and a different arsenal from which they draw their moves.  basic for one is not basic for another.

if you went to a different school from a different lineage, then you would probably be surprised by the different moves that they call their basics.

seriously, are you a white belt?

kkm's a badass

this thread is so fucking stupid I can't believe I'm responding, but,

We hadn't seen it, and we are working on it this week. My coach is JD Shelley under Jacare. If you think he sucks at BJJ, MMA, or teaching either, you should talk to him or Jacare about it. Please.

ttt to find out if the bjj master is a white belt

Jiu-Jitsu100,have you ever trained with Rickson to say that he "holds back moves"? you are an ignorant slanderer. Rickson has always been incredibly accepting of all people, including Americans, and teaches fully effective jiu-jitsu. Some of his toughest representatives are Americans, including Black belts.
-Elias

This is not a stupid thread

I am a hopeless namedropper

And I'm a blue belt been training 4 years all over the
world, but mostly at renzo's

And I bet 90% of the people bitching abbout this
thread did not know the move but want to believe they
are learning decent jiu jitsu.

Rickson is notorious for holding back moves, that
if he ever shows up.

Err I never said Royler did.

That's me lot.

"Jiu-Jitsu100,have you ever trained with Rickson to
say that he "holds back moves"? you are an ignorant
slanderer. Rickson has always been incredibly
accepting of all people, including Americans, and
teaches fully effective jiu-jitsu. Some of his
toughest representatives are Americans, including
Black belts. -Elias "

Name one of Rickson's students fighting at Pride or
UFC? Do you want me to name Renzo's and Ralph's?

Dude, when I saw Mino land that choke, I thought "hey, that's what Renzo keeps showing us, cool." I did not think "man, that is so basic, everyone who doesn't know it is 2nd rate."

What if Fedor didn't know it? Would it stop him from being the biggest goddamned badass on the planet? No.

It's a good move, and Mino pulled it off beautifully, but you're really trying too hard to make some far-reaching theory out of it.

Now what is wrong with far reaching theories.

And Fedor does'nt train BJJ or claim to, so I would'nt
mind at all.

"Now what is wrong with far reaching theories."

Nothing, as long as they're reasonably supported.

"And Fedor does'nt train BJJ or claim to, so I would'nt mind at all."

So who are all these big-name BJJ fighters you're referring to that don't know that choke?

And which Renzo fight or any other Gracie for that matter has finished a fight with that move??? If its so basic ou of all of the BJJ throughout the years someone else would have used it sooner or later.

The point is Chuck Liddel is a purple belt apparently.
A purple belt should know the complete repetoire of
BJJ moves, how could he not know this one. BJJ is
getting watered down.

"jiujitsu please tell us how long you have been
training. where you have competed and when so we can
get assess why you should be considered an authority
on bjj at all"

As I said I am a blue belt, been training four years,
I don't compete, not my scene, but I travel to Japan
to watch fights, traveled to Brazil for ADCC, I am a
huge fan of the sport, totally entitled to my opinion,
who the fuck are you Goku that I should care what you
think?

Unbeleiveble that some people still do not understand the difference between using Jiu Jitsu in an MMA match and using it in a sub grappling match.

I didn't know the move and I AM learning decent BJJ, from a well known Gracie Barra blackbelt. There are so many moves that not everyone can know every move. You also have to take into account that different instructors have different "games" and also have different ideas as to which moves are the most effective.

Balls, I'm off to watch American Idol

jiujitsu100 said."The point is Chuck Liddel is a purple belt apparently. A purple belt should know the complete repetoire of BJJ moves, how could he not know this one. BJJ is getting watered down". Chuck is a purple under John Lewis, who's team does pretty well in Bjj Tournements. Maybe John Lewis didnt teach that move but he's teaching something right. Why dont u go down there roll with one of his Purples and see how you do.Mayby you get to go with chuck.

desribe this move- i didnt see pride!

Nog said in his post fight interview that he just learned that move a week ago. I guess his bjj sucks too.