Nogueira" Fedor Is Very Good But I'm The Champ."

http://www.themmanews.com/?p=1703

I like Nog, and I would love to see another fight between him and Fedor to see how their games have come along. I think Fedor would win, but stranger things have happened. If Nog beats Mir, and Couture beats Lesnar, then Nog vs. Couture will happen. In that scenario its not to hard to see a rematch between Mir and Lesnar happening also. But I go off topic....

On a side note, I don't think Noguiera is disrespecting Fedor. 

didnt Rogan name Randy as champ during his interview at the last PPV.

who is the actual champ?

Mino is the shit but I must rephrase:

"I'm the champ, but Fedor is better & will still beat me 10 outta 10"

"Fedor is good but I'm the Champ."

LMAO!

He's been hit harder than I thought.

He's got no chance to ever beat the Greatest p4p fighter this sport has ever seen.

I hope we get a chance to see Fedor in the UFC, but those "Crazy Russians" will have to make less demands for us to even have a chance to see him in the Octagon.

cleetdog101 - didnt Rogan name Randy as champ during his interview at the last PPV.

who is the actual champ?

Randy is the UFC HW champion.

Nog is the UFC Interim HW champion.

The winner of Nog/Mir & Couture/Lesnar will fight for the undisputed HW title.

MMA is muddled with regards to the best fighting the best. It makes it look TERRIBLE when ONE promotion doesnt even know who their champ is, and for some reason put the interim belt up at near the time they put the belt up. Isnt that sort of silly?

Call me crazy but I think nog 'has a chance' against Fedor.

It involves staying off his back and trying to outbox fedor.

The UFC HW championship belt isn't worth a can of piss. I love Nog but in this instance the WAMMA Belt is far more legit. And WAMMA imo is a joke right now. Some of their rankings are literally LOLable.......

Nog can't outbox fedor, nor can he stay on his feet for very long against him. He gets sparked and tossed on the regular...and I'm a HUGE Nog fan.

Nog could never stay the Champ or become the Champ again as long as Fedor was around.

He had two chances to do so - and was thoroughly dominated both times.

Which is why Nog was the perennial #2 in the world, while Fedor was the perennial #1.

And Nog was already at his dominant peak when he fought Fedor both times, and has not noticeably improved or changed his game since those matchups (actually, he might have even lost a step since then). So Nog would still go in as the definitive underdog to Fedor yet again in another go-round.

And the bottom-line fact is that Nog for most of his prime already had to play second-fiddle to Fedor when they were both around at the same time, in the same place.

And ever since Fedor dominated Nog to become the true HW Champion in the first place, Fedor hasn't lost since. Actually, since then he's dominated everyone else he's faced - including Nog again.

So by every established standard of definition - whether in terms of legitimate Championship lineages, winning true Championship-defining fights (i.e., from beating Nog), or just who is universally ranked #1 and considered the best - Fedor is indisputably the true World HW Champion of MMA.

And thus the true HW Championship necessarily goes through Fedor - not the UFC, or any particular promotional "title."

(And where Nog is currently only the holder of a particular promotion's "interim" title anyway, and can't actually lay claim to even that full promotional title yet.)

Haulport - The UFC HW championship belt isn't worth a can of piss.

Correct. No ornamental belt or promotional "title" is worth anything as a true Championship in itself.

It's the Champion who legitimizes the title - not the other way around.

GSP is the true WW Champion of MMA - and would remain so even if he left the UFC tomorrow, regardless of whether the UFC continued to recognize him as such with their "title."

In fact, with or without a particular brand name's belt around his waist, GSP would still rightfully stay the true World Champion, until someone actually beats him to rightfully take that true World Championship away from him (no matter where it takes place).

Just like how Sherk was never a true World Champion for beating a non-top-20 Florian and a non-top-10 Franca, just because the UFC called him one.

Regardless of any UFC-awarded label or belt, legitimate Championships transcend brand names and are instead defined by who that Champion has actually beaten - not where.

1) Fedor has proven on 2 occasions that he is clearly better than Nog where Nog was literally offenseless for about 90-95% of those 2 bouts.

2) Nog is "the" interim "champ" still

Nog had plenty of offense, it was just ineffective. Fedor is just way too fast for him, and I have the feeling that these days the speed gap is even wider. I think Nog's grappling has improved (sweeps in particular), but I think Fedor would just keep it standing and outbox him as he did in the last fight.

i have a feeling this is an issue that will never be resolved.....

What do you want him to say, he is a fighter. He isnt going to tell an interviewer that Fedor is unstoppable and I have an ice cubes chance in hell of ever beating him. He wouldn't be a fighter if he said that.

I would actually pick the Nog that Fedor faced (from 2003-2004) to beat the Nog of 2008.

Nog really hasn't been too impressive overall these last couple of years, except for the second fight against Barnett, and imo, has slowed down noticeably.

He might even be worn down now and past his peak at this point. While he was definitely at the height of his powers in 2003-2004.

And btw, I just want to add that Nog is not only unquestionably the second-greatest HW ever, but the second-greatest MMA fighter ever.

Because he would be THE greatest ever - if not for Fedor.

But still, in no way, by no established standard of definition is Nog even arguably the true Champion now.

The whole interim belt thing in the UFC is just because they really didn't think they were going to get Randy back in the cage. It's a bit fucked up but at least it will be sorted in 2 fights time.

"i have a feeling this is an issue that will never be resolved....."

It has been resolved because there IS no issue.

" Haulport - The UFC HW championship belt isn't worth a can of piss."

LOL. That's pretty funny, man.

"He wouldn't be a fighter if he said that."

Yeah, but, he would have been realistic.

UCPugilist - 
Wasa-B - 1) Fedor has proven on 2 occasions that he is clearly better than Nog where Nog was literally offenseless for about 90-95% of those 2 bouts.

2) Nog is "the" interim "champ" still

Beat me too it..

Hey, im a big Nog fan and all too and like WB pointed out Nog is one of the all time greats, no doubt and without Mr. Emelianenko, he'd be no doubt the greatest HW of all time but whats true is true - Fedor is a class above Nog.

BJ > DORKUS -  Nog had plenty of offense, it was just ineffective. Fedor is just way too fast for him, and I have the feeling that these days the speed gap is even wider. I think Nog's grappling has improved (sweeps in particular), but I think Fedor would just keep it standing and outbox him as he did in the last fight.

Well, "effective," yeah, i think being the key term.

Also, Fedor is not only too fast for Nog, he's just too good.

Not only faster hands but more power and imo more technical too. Nog is more of a static striker, Fedor is more dynamic. To add to that, Fedor mixes tds with his striking very, very well, an area Nog is not as skilled in.

So Fedor's tds are better than Nogs and its not just Fedor's speed or power that allows him to avoid Nog's subs. Fedor avoided most of Nog's subs in fight 1 before Nog was even able to try and hook them.

Everytime Nog got on top of Fedor (with the exception of one bell iirc), Fedor reversed right back.

I think that clearly demonstrated Fedor was superior to Nog in all aspects of the game except pure sub vs sub.