Noons: I want Mayweather next

http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/11/kj-noons-i-would-love-to-be-floyd-mayweathers-next-fight

“You know, I would be shocked if Mayweather didn’t take a fight before fighting someone of Manny’s caliber. I have said it once and I will say it again, I would love to be Floyd Mayweather’s next fight. I think we match up well stylistically. I think the fact that I am a former MMA champion with a boxing resume is marketable and most importantly, I will take any drug test offered to make the fight happen. If I’m Floyd Mayweather, I look at the way MMA did James Toney and I would want to represent my sport. They didn’t do James any favors. They didn’t put Toney in against the best striker that MMA had to offer. Instead, they put him in with the most experienced grappler in the game. Well, just like Toney was willing to go into MMA and fight the best, I’m willing to go into boxing and do the same. I want to fight the best boxing has to offer and that’s Floyd Mayweather.

I’m a fighter and if there is a fighter out there not willing to fight the best, then I think they should find something else to do. I’ll take random blood testing to make the fight happen, no worries.

I’m a fighter and as a fighter, we should want to fight the best. From what I understand, Pacquiao is gonna be fighting Shane Mosley next, so maybe Floyd should start looking at his other options. I think a fight between myself and Floyd is a very marketable fight. I think I have a style that could pose major problems for him. I am more than willing to take any type of testing and it would be a fun fight. I would be fulfilling a dream of mines, to fight Floyd Mayweather, and that’s a fight I’m really targeting. It has nothing to do with money. I can make money in MMA or in boxing with less risk than a fight with the best the sport has to offer, but I want to fight the best. I’m not a 170-pounder, but I moved up there to give Nick Diaz his rematch because that’s what fighters do, we make sacrifices, and I think a few random blood samples is just that; a sacrifice for the fans to get the fights they want on an even playing field. I’m not saying anyone is taking anything, but we’ve recently had issues with positive tests in MMA, so I can understand where Floyd is coming from. This is the hurt business and to have guys getting an added advantage could be very dangerous. I want to get this fight done, so we will see.

I really want to fight Floyd Mayweather in boxing and of course I will fight anyone in mixed martial arts. I’m a full-time fighter and I want big fights. I don’t want people to think I am sabotaging the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight, but if Pacquiao is already lining up fights, I think Floyd should be too!”

ROFL at floyd even considering fighting a no-name like this.

not to mention noons just got out boxed by another person that nobody in boxing has ever heard of.

this is just fuckin hilarious 

After the fucking humiliation that Diaz put this kid through he wants to fight arguably one of the best p4p fighters in the world? YEAH OK!

This is like Bisping asking for a shot at Anderson.

I'd also like to put my hat in the ring and offer myself to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. as well.

Not like he's going to get the fight, but who wouldn't want it? If you lose to a guy like Mayweather its pretty much expected and only helps to make you a bigger name. Of course he wants this fight.

aKaBeasTTT - After the fucking humiliation that Diaz put this kid through he wants to fight arguably one of the best p4p fighters in the world? YEAH OK!

This is like Bisping asking for a shot at Anderson.

Its actually like Bisping asking for a shot at David Haye

I'd love to fight Mayweather and get paid millions too! I'm fairly sure most people here would.

Most people in MMA already don't know who KJ Noons is. He's supposed to draw in boxing now?

Noons is fucking losing it.

kj has a point, but we all know his chance of beating may is even smaller than the chance may would gibve him the opportunity

Breaking news on Mayweather's reaction!!!!!

Who?

Mayweather has consecutively fought the 3rd ranked pound for pound boxer on the world. The highest rated boxer outside of himself and has only lost one round. What the fuck does KJ Noons think he can offer him stylistically? To be honest if they allowed Mayweather to only punch with one hand it would probably be stopped before the fifth. Phone Post

Ridiculous.

That would not be pretty.

noons isn't even a star in MMA, yet alone popular in boxing. mayweather would laugh at a no name boxer wanting to fight him.

Retarted

Yeah. What the fuck.

IrishRottie - retarded? this is far from it. it would be a huge pay day for him.
I said "retarted", and if you mean a huge pay day for Noons, of course. Floyd would have absolutely nothing to gain.  Noons' boxing record - 11 wins and 2 losses. STFU, that is beyond retarted.

Totally different James has a chance in MMA. Noons wouldn't even make a good sparing partner for Mayweather. Phone Post

humphrey sphinctermuscle - ROFL at floyd even considering fighting a no-name like this.

not to mention noons just got out boxed by another person that nobody in boxing has ever heard of.

this is just fuckin hilarious 

IrishRottie - 
Poindexter - 
IrishRottie - retarded? this is far from it. it would be a huge pay day for him.
I said "retarted", and if you mean a huge pay day for Noons, of course. Floyd would have absolutely nothing to gain.  Noons' boxing record - 11 wins and 2 losses. STFU, that is beyond retarted.

says the person who probably paid to see James Toney fight mma.
No really sure of how you were discrediting me - but I didn't pay for it. Regardless, you think boxing fans are going to pay to see Mayweather fight Noons? You really must be joking/trolling.

Apparently the Gracie brothers are saying that you have 50% shot of winning any striking exchange, better if you're bigger than your opponent. If that's true, Noons has a great shot.

Unfortunately it's not true. But you can't blame Noons for going for the big payday.