Nor Cal hunting advice?

I was hoping to get some advice on what the best or the options with costs in mind. I recently picked up hunting, I've done all the licensing, got my tags, have a rifle, and spent quite some time on the range. I really want to fill the tags I have for wild boar and I'm just not having any luck.

With historic data from boar concentration maps and identified areas where tags have been filled, I've been to BLM areas twice with no luck. Tons of signs, like rutting, scat, and tracks but no luck spotting them.

So after another unsuccessful hunt, this time taking 3 days out and I just want to actually fill these tags, harvest the meat, and basically take in that other half of the process.

So that's been leading me down the idea of a guided hunt... I'd go to private spots but I just don't know anyone that can help me even think about that route. Can anyone give me some advice on how to find better hunting areas or school me on the guided route? If I did the latter, Id like to spend as little as possible. I think it might be doable because I would like to field dress, butcher, etc the boar. Any advice?

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

The limit is three hippies a week.

This is in CenCal... But all my buddy's who hunt, swear by this place and this guide service!! MONSTERS on this ranch!!

http://www.camp5outfitters.com Phone Post 3.0

phydeau - The limit is three hippies a week.

they really need to liberalize these limits

What kind of terrain are you hunting in? Is it thick? Can you glass from high points? Hunt early morning / sunset...

I'd try finding a place they bed down and go to that spot around sunset and wait for them to come out. They're typically most active at night.

If you can glass large areas then it'll be easier to spot then stalk. The biggest thing is learning how to walk quietly through the bush. Go extra slow and take your time. Phone Post 3.0

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - This is in CenCal... But all my buddy's who hunt, swear by this place and this guide service!! MONSTERS on this ranch!!

Dang... $1000 per head for a hog hunt. Thanks for the heads up though. Looked like they really take care of the hunters.

LetsTalkItOut -
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - This is in CenCal... But all my buddy's who hunt, swear by this place and this guide service!! MONSTERS on this ranch!!

Dang... $1000 per head for a hog hunt. Thanks for the heads up though. Looked like they really take care of the hunters.
How much have you spent on your failed hunts? Probably seems worth it after that. Ima check that place out. Phone Post 3.0

In, I'm interested in the answers you get. VU Phone Post 3.0

Other thing to look for is an outfitter that provides you with just maps and land access.

Thats the option for low budget assistance.

But to be honest time is probably better spent linking up to a local hunting forum and befriending some veteran hunters and getting em to take u out and teach u the ropes.

Google for nor cal hunting forums. Phone Post 3.0

Before you blow your rape whistle at the deer make sure the deer has consented to being hunted. Be careful that the deer signed a 2015 consent form. You are fucked if you blow your rape whistle in the direction of a deer that hasn't consented yet this year. 

Start knocking on farmers doors. Get permission, look for sign, dump bait on trail, hunt over bait at night. Fucking rookies.

Join the "Nor Cal Wild Pig Hunters" Facebook forum, lots of good advice and help on there. For BLM land you need to be willing to hike out to areas that other people aren't willing to go.

You can get a guide for $300 as well. It's a good way to go for your first hunt. You can also hunt in some ranches for a fee. The best prices I've seen were $350 for pig hunting for a day. Other than that, the best hunting is on private land. Some people just knock on doors. Use the forums though, they are helpful.

Butcher it yourself. It isn't too hard. Phone Post 3.0

One more thing....
I am not sure where your at in Nor Cal but You can hunt Lake Sonoma with a bow only. You need a permit specific to the area that you get there but it's cheap. If you have a boat you can get to some nice areas. I know guys who have had a lot of luck there. Good spot for deer too. Phone Post 3.0

LetsTalkItOut -

No prob... I have heard nothing but good things about the whole operation. That is for a 2 day hunt I believe so it's $500 per day basically... The 1500 with lodging and all meals n snacks isn't to bad IMO ... But as others have mentioned, hunting forum, make frens...profit!!

Gd luck my man, hope you get a fatty!! Phone Post 3.0

You don't hunt pig you eradicate them. Come to Texas all you want for free. Phone Post 3.0

NorCal or CentralCal? got a few decent spots in Paso if you're interested.