Nori "Kid" Yamamoto Punches Doctor

"On February 21st, the Japan Shooto Association announced the suspension of Norifumi KID Yamamoto and every fighter under the KILLER BEE umbrella, in all of Shooto's amateur and professional competitions. The term is indefinite.

Chairman Naoki Sakurada and Bureau Chief Taro Wakabayashi, on the Shooto PR Blog, unveiled the details and reason for this decision.

According to the official statement, after the Shooto world middleweight championships, held at Yoyogi No.1 Gymnasium on February 17th, while the doctor was checking up on Akira Kikuchi in the dressing room, KILLER BEE head KID Yamamoto complained, and insulted a doctor with intemparrate language which resulted in a violent act.

Japan Shooto Association also demanded a proper apology from KID Yamamoto and till then, he will not be allowed to be in any official Shooto fight show.

KID Yamamoto thought the cut Kikuchi sustained during the fight against Shinya Aoki was from an elbow shot.
KID Yamamoto then blamed the doctor for not recognizing it from the type of cut and ended up throwing a punch at him backstage.
The cut, indeed, came from Aoki's strike but not from the elbow.

Aoki walked to the ropes when Kikuchi got on his back, stuck his upper body outside the ropes, threw a back hand blow like punch, and wound up scraping Kikuchi's skin with his glove. It was not an elbow shot, and even if it was, the repercussions are severe for all associated with Yamamoto."

source: www.boutreviewusa.com (great site, bookmark it)

So much for Kid having "changes his ways." This guy is a scumbag and a punk. He is too attracted to the wannabe thug lifestyle and it shows through his actions.

Agrees with SA.

Shame too, cause he's a hell of a talented fighter.

i've lost all respect for Kid. I was just beginning to like him again...but now this just shows he's still a no class punk. ban him from shooto forever.

i respect Kid's taents, but no one can deny that he's fag

Dude needs an intervention before he does something REALLY stupid and ends up in trouble. The Japanese penal system is very unforgiving.

"ban him from shooto forever. "

I got a feeling thats whats coming even though the punch didn't actually land.

TC- He already pissed off the Yakuza, and Enson had to save his ass.

Seems like he repaid Enson with kicking him out of his management/fight team.

Kid seems to have lived a priveledge life in Japan...is there any reason he asks like a wannebe thug? More like a spoiled brat imo.

LOL at Kid vs. the Yakuza. How the hell did that come about?

Kid is nuts. Personally I love watching him fight. He went way over the line, but I like that he is loyal to his fighters. As far as Shooto, it will wind up making him lose some fighters, but will not effect Kid's career as he does not fight for Shooto, but for K-1.

" LOL at Kid vs. the Yakuza. How the hell did that come about? "

Umm, it's true. Enson had to bail Kids' ass cause the Yakuza were after him. They knocked down his door so Kid jumped out the balcony and called Enson from a phone booth. Enson got Kid into MMA too. How does Kid repay him? By screwing him over.

It was also largely thanks to Enson that Kid got back to good terms with Shooto after he punched a guy repeatedly after the ref already called the fight and a barney broke out in the ring between the 2 corners.

Kid might have talent as a fighter, but the guy has the maturity of a spoilt 6 year old throwing a hissy fit.

AFAIK, most of the Killerbee guys are Shooto guys, so this is not a good thing for the gym.

Even though Kid himself is now a K-1 guy, this is main news on all the big Japanese websites, and I doubt this is the kind of publicity K-1 wants for its champion.

I fullly endorse a life time ban from all MMA sports for someone who does dumb shit like him..

"ban him from shooto forever. "

K-1 should fire him too!!!

But for selfish reasons. I want Pride to pick him up so Gomi can fight him :-)

i don't see why they'd ban the entire "killer bee" from shooto. stupid.

dogmeat, i think they banned the entire team.

Ref beat downs and Yakuza stories.

This will be a hot UG thread, I'm predicting.

"Umm, it's true. Enson had to bail Kids' ass cause the Yakuza were after him. They knocked down his door so Kid jumped out the balcony and called Enson from a phone booth. Enson got Kid into MMA too. How does Kid repay him? By screwing him over."

I wasn't saying it wasn't true, I was just laughing because of how outlandish it sounds.

he needs to face fedor 1st rd of the GP imo.

lol

"As far as Shooto, it will wind up making him lose some fighters, but will not effect Kid's career as he does not fight for Shooto, but for K-1."

A lot of his gym's fighters compete in Shooto, now they cannot anymore.