NoShame...War hero!!

Ilustrimo... take your attitude to a USMC recruiter... wait why am i wasting my breath... everyone on this thread knows you dont have the balls...

who the fuck are you to question this... have you ever reconed the enemy being the FIRST into bagdad???

yeah and before you ask me who i am i did my time in fact graduated from and military academy so why dont you shut your cornhole...

im out...

The disrespecton on thois thread is incredible. As many of you know, I grew up with Jerry and consider him one of my true best friends, like a brother. What he did was beyond description. The man swam into a river going into baghdam. There were enemy on the other side and they shot at him . He did it to insure the safety of others. He took an order and followed it. Most of us would have shit our pants... Never mind, I'm wasting my time with some seriously disrespectful and ignorant mother fuckers.

Congratulations Jerry, you deserve it! Too bad I missed you when you were out to California, you'll havce to hit Vegas next time you have some leave. Keep doing what you're doing.

Pete

deepest thanks and congratulations!

Thanks for the Pancrase link. I think some soldiers in my unit will appreciate the story in comparison to our experience.

How long have you been a marine, and were you ever enlisted?

Very cool, way to go NoShame!

excellent

Ebola,

I was enlisted. I used to be a arty meteorologist.

Ilustrisimo,

I doubt it will change your opinion, but the Corporal who swam also received the award.

no shame

Jerry, congratulations and thank you for your service to our country!---Robert @ Fight Music

"war is bad thx :)"

no shit sherlock, thats why were honoring him

Ilustrisimo, shut up. If you had any idea about this guy you would not ever question his toughness. The guy was submission wrestling with three torn ligiments in his knee. He couldn't even lift his leg for almost a year and he was right there going full bore on the mats.

Who are you to judge the validity of his achievement?

buddie

noshame, I posted this on another thread:

"Does anyone know if he was ever in the Air Force or had a relative that is/was? I was in basic training (1991) with a guy with the same last name but for the life of me cannot remember his first name, there is definitely a physical resemblance. Thanks....Joe"

I am really not sure why some jackasses would post about you not being worthy, people get pleasure in the strangest ways. Anyways congrats and thank you again for your service....Joe

I don't really mind Ilustrisimo. I know there is a great deal of bitterness throughout the services when it comes to awards. Marines and soldiers alike don't get recognized often enough. Many times, people (often officers) do get recognized with an award when they honestly didn't do much to deserve it. I can understand why a guy would attack me over this. He just sees an officer who received an award and automatically assumes that I'm a piece of shit. I can live with that.

Buddie and Pete, good hearign from you two (everyone else, too)!

Thanks, Joe.

I had a cousin in the Air Force in that time-frame. He was a MP. Could that be him?

no shame

Not sure what this Roeder did in the AF but if your cousin looks anything like you I am sure it was him. Thanks again and good luck with your career...Joe

Guys, sorry about the drunk jerk. I like drunks, and I get on fine with jerks, but those drunk jerks ...

Jerry is a hero, honors the page when he posts here.

TTT

All of the soldiers that even step off a plane into Iraq have my respect. Those guys who step off the plane and take a breath of the nasty Iraq air have my respect. Those soldiers that stay away from their loved ones, especially small children have my respect. That is even before they get into combat situations. The suicide rate amongst sodiers is as high as it has ever been, cut these guys some slack, they are the salt of the earth. I cannot even believe that some asshole would come onto this thread and take away from this man's service to our country. I do not even care if it was 1 round of ammo being shot at him, that is enough. The guy is a combat engineer, isn't that his main weapon? So why would he be carrying a rifle?

Brett

You sir are a better man than I. Congratulations, you certainly deserve it. And thank you for your service, we owe all that we have to men like yourself.