Not impressed with Jeremy Stephens tbh

Is that the lumberjack looking monster that beat the small asian kid the other night. It looked like a weight class difference between them. Congrats on the huge win! WOW!

Jeremy Stephens is legit committed to fighting. Saw a short film of his eating habits, training, and mindset. Guy is 100% committed to bing the best fighter he can be and didn’t seem super concerned with being ‘famous’. Just wanted to kick ass...

SamVDW - 

Jeremy Stephens is legit committed to fighting. Saw a short film of his eating habits, training, and mindset. Guy is 100% committed to bing the best fighter he can be and didn’t seem super concerned with being ‘famous’. Just wanted to kick ass...

Keep feeding him undersized Korean kids and he will continue to kick ass.

Conor would sleep anyone at 145 or 155 in the first round if he wanted to… Did you guys miss that uppercut he landed on Floyd?

cg51mma -

He gets a little wild but the guy is a complete fucking savage, throws down every fight. I will always tune in for a Stephens fight.

YES
jcblass -
SamVDW - 

You've been on this bitch for almost 20 years and you don't know who Jeremy Stephens is?

Of all the veterans still competing I think his game has improved some of the most. The fact that he is still competing in main event headliners and KOing younger, talented prospects is a testament to that

superCulo -
RepsOne -

14 first round KO’s won’t impress you, i hope your boyfriend can. Faggot.

He’s a great fighter don’t get me wrong but there’s big holes in his game. That’s what this forum is for to talk about fights and fighters. Stop bitching just cus I have a different opinion than yours. 

Is one of those holes not being able to last longer than 4 minutes at full pace?

Edit: Sorry, thought we were talkin about Conor

RepsOne - 

Although they are finishes, people need to realize a KO and TKO are two different things. Still incredibly impressive. He hits like a truck, but it’s not walk away type KOs.

mackass -

Of all the veterans still competing I think his game has improved some of the most. The fact that he is still competing in main event headliners and KOing younger, talented prospects is a testament to that

Is it?

I feel like he’s the kind of guy with talent that fell in love with his punching power.

So based off matchups he is able to beat top 5-10 guys or just based off landing with his power, but he probably loses 4/5 against top guys who gameplan and use defence.

he knocked frankie 75% out

superCulo -
RepsOne -

He’s a great fighter don’t get me wrong but there’s big holes in his game. That’s what this forum is for to talk about fights and fighters. Stop bitching just cus I have a different opinion than yours. 

Lol

Jeremy Stevens is not an elite fighter- he lacks the technical abilities from other elite fighters, but he is still a very dangerous opponent. He literally throws everything he has into every attack which is what makes him so dangerous. When he KOed RDA, that was one of the most brutal finishes I have seen. Still, hjs wild style is only going to take him so far.

0hi0direct - 
jcblass -
SamVDW - 

<p>
		<span class="User-350503" id="userPost61632373">Keep feeding him undersized Korean kids and he will continue to kick ass.</span></p>
</blockquote>
<span class="User-350503" id="userPost61632373">You've been on this bitch for almost 20 years and you don't know who Jeremy Stephens is?</span></blockquote>

I stopped watching MMA a long time ago. The fighters all blend in to to one at this point. The sport has become PED enabled bearded guys, with tattoos, taking advantage of massive weightcuts, before beating up an undersized opponent and screaming into the camera, "WHATS UP MUTHER FUCKER!" The few interesting fighters are the handful of good shit talkers with colorful personalities and skills to back it up. But, even they are realizing the BS behind "UFC" and looking elsewhere for paychecks. 

jcblass -
SamVDW - 

Pretty sure DooHo Choi is as big if not bigger than Stephens.  Choi is taller and Stephens is thicker but I'm pretty sure they both walk around at around 170lbs.

Dae Han -
jcblass -
SamVDW - 

Pretty sure DooHo Choi is as big if not bigger than Stephens.  Choi is taller and Stephens is thicker but I'm pretty sure they both walk around at around 170lbs.

Choi looked like a 125er against a 170er in there

I’d like to see Jeremy’s holes exposed.

So is he great, or is he good? If he's great you must have been fairly impressed.

I agree he's tailor made for someone like Conor though.

JMH -

Jeremy Stevens is not an elite fighter- he lacks the technical abilities from other elite fighters, but he is still a very dangerous opponent. He literally throws everything he has into every attack which is what makes him so dangerous. When he KOed RDA, that was one of the most brutal finishes I have seen. Still, hjs wild style is only going to take him so far.

This exactly.

Listening to him on JRE was just... astonishing. Epitome of a not very smart guy trying to sound really smart.

With all that punching power he's always gonna get wins. But he's also going to lose to top guys here and there and never be consistent. His entire game plan is swing for the fences, if the Korean wonderboy had kept his striking conservative he would of won, you can't play into his game plan and slug it out with him cause that might happen.