Not impressed with Mousasi at all

All his nuthuggers keep talking about how great he is.  Yet here we are with another lackluster fight in Strikeforce.  I don't get it.  Is it because he fought in Japan?  Because he trained with Fedor?  Because he did K-1?  Why?  

He had amazing standup and a slick ground game.. A couple lackluster fights doesn't detract from that Phone Post

Agreed Phone Post

Lackluster?

Negro, what?

keepthechange -  He had amazing standup and a slick ground game.. A couple lackluster fights doesn't detract from that Phone Post
The King Mo fight killed that.  Yet the nuthuggers built him back up as a great top 10 again.  Based off what?  A fluke win over Jacare?  This "he fights overseas so he is great" hype is getting ridiculous.  It is like they dropped Fedor and just threw it onto the next guy with the closest record.

He has a pretty clear advantage on the feet, and chose to grapple for 95% of the fight for some odd reason. I thought he looked outstanding in the first round then kind of slowed down and got sloppy after that. OSP isnt exactly a can either but I would like to see Mousassi at 185 against someone decent soon. 

Mousasi is like the guy at the gym who is so good he just fucks around when he's rolling or striking with other people. He looks less than spectacular because no one pushes him hard enough to make him work. He doesn't have to do any better than he is in order to win.

The fight was a huge mismatch so I was expecting way more out of this fight. Similar to his fight against Jardine. Phone Post

on and off. on and off.

Stryfe1982 - Moustasi, despite putting on horrible performances, has somehow convinced people that he would beat Anderson Silva... A man who who can MATRIX world class fighters and former world champions who would also beat Moustasi down...

yeah right...
I have seen like 2 retards say he would beat Anderson. You are just as obnoxious for saying this over and over like people actually think this.

Caught_clean - He has a pretty clear advantage on the feet, and chose to grapple for 95% of the fight for some odd reason. I thought he looked outstanding in the first round then kind of slowed down and got sloppy after that. OSP isnt exactly a can either but I would like to see Mousassi at 185 against someone decent soon. 

Great point. No idea why he tried to grapple heavily with a guy who's obviously more athletic and powerful. And he was also sick and his conditioning was off. And let's not forget how good OSP is

All things considered, that was a solid performance!

ds1970 -  The fight was a huge mismatch so I was expecting way more out of this fight. Similar to his fight against Jardine. Phone Post
did he even get hit once in the Jardine fight? I mean Mousassi clearly has some holes in his game , mainly defensive wresting, but I think just saying OMFG OVERRATED PEICE OF FUCKING SHIT AMIRITE GUYS you can admit he has a lot of talent and potential.

epwar - All his nuthuggers keep talking about how great he is.  Yet here we are with another lackluster fight in Strikeforce.  I don't get it.  Is it because he fought in Japan?  Because he trained with Fedor?  Because he did K-1?  Why?  

It's because he a crushes cans in Japan so all the nitwit prowrestling fans think he's a killer.

Caught_clean - 
Stryfe1982 - Moustasi, despite putting on horrible performances, has somehow convinced people that he would beat Anderson Silva... A man who who can MATRIX world class fighters and former world champions who would also beat Moustasi down...

yeah right...
I have seen like 2 retards say he would beat Anderson. You are just as obnoxious for saying this over and over like people actually think this.

Uh, check the 8 pages of this thread:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1924329&page=1&pc=177 

He's sending a message to wrestlers, fuck off.

This guy can beat Anderson? Dont see it at all from his performances. He wouldn't even make it to #1 contender in the UFC...

I see a lot of people saying it would be a good fight, and Mousassi has some good striking. I dont see one person going OMFG MOUASSI TAKES THIS! liek youi guys are saying.

Wait a 11er named "the poop wizard" said he would. I mean come on. 

he is still getting better. he learned a lesson tonight with his economy of movement.

he fought a great fight tonight, dominated OSP

hes good and he has even more potential for sure, hes only 26, a lot of experience and is now evolving at a comfortable pace.

He def couldnt beat Silva IMO. But he will be near the top of LHW or MW a couple years down the road. Phone Post