Not Just another video pleae LISTEN

Todd Agnew's My Jesus" watch and LISTEN...then read the lyrics this song played a HUGE role in my faith 

Which Jesus do you follow?

Which Jesus do you serve?

If Ephesians says to imitate Christ

Then why do you look so much like the world?

Cause my Jesus bled and died

He spent His time with thieves and liars

He loved the poor and accosted the arrogant

So which one do you want to be?

Blessed are the poor in spirit

Or do we pray to be blessed with the wealth of this land

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness

Or do we ache for another taste of this world of shifting sand

Cause my Jesus bled and died for my sins

He spent His time with thieves and sluts and liars

He loved the poor and accosted the rich

Who is this that you follow

This picture of the American dream

If Jesus was here would you walk right by on the other side or fall down and worship at His holy feet

Pretty blue eyes and curly brown hair and a clear complexion

Is how you see Him as He dies for Your sins

But the Word says He was battered and scarred

Or did you miss that part

Sometimes I doubt we'd recognize Him

Cause my Jesus bled and died

He spent His time with thieves and the least of these

He loved the poor and accosted the comfortable

Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my church

The blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpet

But He reaches for the hurting and despises the proud

I think He'd prefer Beale St. to the stained glass crowd

And I know that He can hear me if I cry out loud

I want to be like my Jesus!

Not a posterchild for American prosperity, but like my Jesus

You see I'm tired of living for success and popularity

I want to be like my Jesus but I'm not sure what that means to be like You Jesus

Cause You said to live like You, love like You but then You died for me

Can I be like You Jesus?

I want to be like you Jesus!

you are most welcome

Some may think it's silly to say a song can change the way a person thinks...but once in a great while...a song...or a film...or a book comes along.

this is not just a mere song...it's much more.

i truly admire this new type of  Christian singer/song writer such as Agnew...and Matt redman...and Monk and Neagle...people who call christians to the task...artists...who like Bono have had ENOUGH with all the reading and talking about and studying Christianity...they actually get out there...and do Christianity.

I think this is the most we've ever agreed on anything outside of music and bouncers LOL

you know, I love corporate worship.....BUT...my church is sitting down and talking...and mostly listening to a 16 year old girl who slashes herself because she was molested as a child and thinks she is ugly and that nobody out there loves her..or cares about heror the skate board kid who goes into his parents medicine cabinet and grabs some vicodan or some percocet and takes thembecause...well his parents are never home or don't have the time for him

sitting with these kids, praying with these kids, crying with these kids, just listening to these kids...THATS WORSHIP...THATS PURE RELIGION THAT GOD HONORS...NOT A CHURCH BUILDING AN ADITTION SO THEY HAVE MORE SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS ROOM

people are all so willing to throw an extra $100 in the collection plate to send their pastor to a pastor's seminar...but you know how many people from church I get that want to come with me down to the youth center on a friday night?

Great message.

Very moving. I wasnt expecting to be moved by anything this morning except my scattered brain. You know, I have refused to watch the Passion. It even has one of my favorite actors playing jesus. Jim Caviezel. I know that I would not be able to keep myself from emotionally connecting to the REAL jesus who lived and died.

I like to think that in my personal life that I take jesus as example for the most part. Im a bit rough in nature and a little hardcore but I always take note of those who need compassion and maybe just a friend. I dont give a rats ass about church or any mega stars. All I know is that somehow there is a 'Jesus' in my life. I dont pretend to understand much else.

"Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my church
The blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpet
But He reaches for the hurting and despises the proud
I think He'd prefer Beale St. to the stained glass crowd
And I know that He can hear me if I cry out loud"

Awesome.

"Some may think it's silly to say a song can change the way a person thinks...but once in a great while...a song...or a film...or a book comes along."

Not silly. Why in the world would we spend soo much time singing in church? The longest book in the Bible is a songbook.

I know what you mean though. Was sitting around with some seminary grads and they were talking about what books had influenced them the most in their spiritual walk. they went around and talked about Lewis and Packer, etc. At the time, I had just read my Bible. So my answer was Amy Grant, MWS, Rich Mullins and Steve Camp. Ackward silence and they looked at me like I was on the Christian short bus. But it's true for me music is very important part of my life and relationship with God and others.

thanks for sharing something so meaningful.

when we gather we are to bring psalms, hymns and spiritual songs as well as exhortation and preaching/teaching.

songs are ways to share emotions, experiences and stories that are hard to express.