Not one judge

Agree op

How can that round be scored the same as any of the rounds in the Watson catone fight. Phone Post 3.0

ChaosOverkill - 

The same judge (Tirelli) who gave out two 10-8's in the Iaquinta vs Lee fight was judging the Overeem fight too. Even more ridiculous

okay, that's fucked up.

The only "issue" with more 10-8 rounds is that it may result in more draws in three round fights, which I am actually ok with. An even fight that could go either way SHOULD be a draw in my opinion.

Round one fit the criteria for a 10-8 in every conceivable way. There is no consistency in the way MMA judges score fights and I really think it's a major problem. Phone Post 3.0

forrestfan - 
ChaosOverkill - 

The same judge (Tirelli) who gave out two 10-8's in the Iaquinta vs Lee fight was judging the Overeem fight too. Even more ridiculous

okay, that's fucked up.

Yeah, I can't get a read on this judging at all anymore. It just seems like pin the tail on the Donkey shit to me.

AlexanderTheGOAT - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -

I can see it being a 10-9. This isn't boxing. In MMA a fighter has to be dominant throughout the entrire rnd. to receive a 10-8. It was a solid 10-8.5 if there were half points allowed but there isn't. Giving Reem a 10-9 isn't very controversial.

If that's true then there simply is no such thing as a 10-7 Phone Post 3.0

I did a Big John McCarthy Judging Seminar and I forgot which fight he showed as an example of a 10-7 round and I remember personally thinking that the fight should've been stopped, but wasn't. Fighter A damn near died that round.

Op is correcto. MMA scoring criteria is simply nonexistent Phone Post 3.0

TwentyNineTwentyEight -
AlexanderTheGOAT - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -

I can see it being a 10-9. This isn't boxing. In MMA a fighter has to be dominant throughout the entrire rnd. to receive a 10-8. It was a solid 10-8.5 if there were half points allowed but there isn't. Giving Reem a 10-9 isn't very controversial.

If that's true then there simply is no such thing as a 10-7 Phone Post 3.0

I did a Big John McCarthy Judging Seminar and I forgot which fight he showed as an example of a 10-7 round and I remember personally thinking that the fight should've been stopped, but wasn't. Fighter A damn near died that round.

That's exactly the way I see it though.

A round that reasonably could have been stopped should be a 10-7, a dominant round should be a 10-8 and a relatively close round should be 10-9.

I just can't wrap my head around the idea that anyone could consider a system that scores reem/Mir round one the same as any of the rounds in bones/Gustafson as a legitimate system.

And it's not right to only worry about it when it affects the outcome, it's an issue regardless. Phone Post 3.0

Really odd considering they gave Hester rd 3 against Enz. Sure Hester won the round, but it wasn't even his more dominate round. Phone Post 3.0

mghan44 -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -

Bullshit.

Reem was milliseconds away from a finish and outlanded Mir like 50-1. How can you say that wasn't a completely dominant round. If that wasn't a 10-8 I don't know what is.

The fact that a round like that gets scored the same as close rounds is a HUGE issue in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
It's hard to say, really. I would have scored it 10-8, but sometimes almost getting a finish isn't enough. It depends on the fight.

If Overeem almost finished but the rest of the round was very competitive, I would have scored it 10-9. But it wasn't. Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts -
mghan44 -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -

Bullshit.

Reem was milliseconds away from a finish and outlanded Mir like 50-1. How can you say that wasn't a completely dominant round. If that wasn't a 10-8 I don't know what is.

The fact that a round like that gets scored the same as close rounds is a HUGE issue in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
It's hard to say, really. I would have scored it 10-8, but sometimes almost getting a finish isn't enough. It depends on the fight.

If Overeem almost finished but the rest of the round was very competitive, I would have scored it 10-9. But it wasn't. Phone Post 3.0
But that's not what happened. Mir generated next to no offense and reem nearly finished him and landed tons of clean shots.

I don't think there is a REASONABLE case for a 10-9. Phone Post 3.0

There was nothing competitive about round 1. Phone Post 3.0