not one thread.

dedicated to Sundin on his 500 career goal, until now.

Sundin has been about the best true franchise player of any franchise in the last 15 years.

in other news, the Leafs continue in their winning ways, Leaf haters continue in their silent ways.

He's a good shit who deseves a lot of credit for the nonsense he's had to put up with over the years.

On a side note think he'll last the year or end up traded?

why would he be traded? to go to a contender? the leafs are as much a contender as anyone. if the Leafs by some unlikely chance seem out of the hunt, than we trade him and get the next great franchise player. maybe to Calgary for Phaneuf, but again the Leafs are every bit the contender as Calgary.

I was very pleased to see my favourite player not only get his 500th goal but do it in style against on of the best goalies in the league with a hat trick in OT (What else do you expect from one of the bes tclutch players in the NHL).One of the nicest professional atheletes I've ever met, hope he gets 100 points this year.

I have hated him ever since he pussed out to Kirk Muller one year in the playoffs but he is a damn good very clutch player. Great player.

"I have hated him ever since he pussed out to Kirk Muller one year in the playoffs but he is a damn good very clutch player. Great player."

I take it this was when he played for the Nordiques? had it been when he played for the Leafs, you would have been glad he backed down, because had Muller fought Sundin as a Leaf he would have had a bullseye on him for the rest of his career, and lets face it, over the last 10 years the Leafs have been pretty much the last team out there to get that kind of bad blood going with.

lol. Ain't no one scared of the Leafs, especially in the past five years since Domi has become a crippled old man. Now that he is retired that team is doomed.

Sundin may not be as big of a pussy as he used to be but he is still a huge pussy. All his years in Toronto may be why that team never got to the cup.

Pussies make bad leaders.

refresh my memory. how many cups did tough guy Gretz win? how about tough guy Lemieux? How about tough guy Jagr? how about tough guy Sakic? How about tough guy Modano? How about tough guy Fedorov? Cup is a team accomplishment, not an individual accomplishment. Wendel Clark was toughest leader of the last 30 years. No cups.

Sundin is the perfect franchise player. Elite, consistent, logevity, clutch, about the most respected player in the game, loyal in a time where loyalty is no longer. You can't ask for much more.

"Sundin is the perfect franchise player. Elite, consistent, logevity, clutch, about the most respected player in the game, loyal in a time where loyalty is no longer. You can't ask for much more."

Yes you can.

His name is Steve Yzerman.

Mark

Sundin = consistency

Perfect franchise players win cups, this is why they are perfect.

As you pointed out neither Sundin or Clark have done that. Plus Sundin is a pussy and Clark while tough as shit is a closet homosexual and therefor a poor role model for young children.

Like his teamamtes thought he was a great leader,they were all giving eachother soap on a rope for Chirstmas presents.

winning a cup is a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

anyone who defines a player by cup rings needs to pull their head outof
their ass.

Hey mark, you know if your dumb ass orginization had their way, and
took the guy they wanted Lafontaine, yzerman would never have won a
cup. He just would have been another player who had done it all excpet
win a cup like Sundin. so no Yzerman does not give much more if
anything more at all. he is really not any different.