not sticking up for Greg Jackson but think about..

this for a moment. If Greg Jackson was this greedy scumbag than he would have encouraged Jones to take the fight with Chael so he doesn't miss out on his own paycheck. Greg Jackson actually losing money on his decision. I think that says something in a day and age where everyone seems so fucking greedy and only out for themselves.

The outrage isn't about greed. And yes, Jones and Jackson are purely looking out for themselves.

Your argument failed before it began.

By the way, i personally feel Jones as the champion should have faught. I try to pass no judgement. It's difficult not to though. I wouldn't say this if there weren't so many damn people affected by this. Especially the FIGHTERS. I know what it's like to be dead ass broke and training my ass off. It's not cool to be broke trying to provide for your family in this crazy business. I've met greg Jackson one time and do not know the man.

OK. I see your guys point. But, i think you missed mine a little.

its all about greg's ego..he wouldnt be able to take credit for Bones' gameplan on such short notice...every other factor was in Jon's favor and this was a less risky fight..ultimately he decided to choose a less risky fight, for a more risky fight, so actually he is being selfish

Warzone209 -  Many Fighters seek Greg Jackson out because he is a master game planner he didn't obtain that reputation by making stupid decisions like taking a short notice fight against a guy who if beats you destroys your career.

I'm sorry but that's just nonsense. Even if Chael did land the proverbial "lucky punch", that hardly destroys the career of someone like Jones. Jones creams him in 2 rematches, clears out his division, moves up to HW and dominates that division for another 10 years and makes milions of dollars. Don't be one of the marks that takes the trash talk seriously, you keep kicking ass, and your career is not "ruined".

I think they were being just over cautious. The concept of 8 days sounded bad.

Or, Jones really just didnt want to fight Chael for whatever reason and Jackson decided to say that to try and take some of the heat that would inevitably come after turning down a fight as champ. Phone Post

Yeah sure. Honestly it was lose lose lose for JBJ.

He wins? Well of course he did!

He doesn't win? Well, his career is over. All the sponsorship, all the hype, all the branding...All of it's gone.

He would have been crazy to take the fight and possibly end his life at his tender, up and coming young age.

It's the way it is now. If you lose, you're potentially done. End of story.

Don't expect warriors if that's a possible outcome. Expect very skilled, but very careful career planners.

Oh, and CC ran like a bitch to get his shot.

He did what he had to do and compubox showed he landed more effective strikes but really, that wasn't a fight. It was Nick Diaz trying to fight a guy that needed the win, come hell or high water, and it was the first time I was ever scared for the future of this sport.

If not fighting wins fights, then we're fucked.

That 'fight' put the fear of God into me that the sport I'd held dear all these years was going to fail, and fail hard.

It will be interesting to see where we go from here and I really, really hope it becomes about fighting again.

If it becomes all about 'doing what's best for your career' and 'shrewd business decisions' then I guess we'll have to wait for the next thing to come along that we can call real fighting.

Big money fucks everything, end of story.

i guess scratch what i said... i guess. i forgot Jones is fighting 3 or 4 weeks later. But even if he wasn't fighting 3 or 4 weeks later i think Jackson still would have pulled him off the card. Point i was trying to make is Jackson (like some coaches) doesn't have his percentage and payday always in his head. (like some coaches i've known) He seems to genuinely care about his guys. shit, i could be wrong. i don't know the man. i've heard differewnt things behind the scenes. (which i always keep to myself) I try my best not to judge. Although it's tough in this business not too sometimes.

GladiatorGannon -
Warzone209 -  Many Fighters seek Greg Jackson out because he is a master game planner he didn't obtain that reputation by making stupid decisions like taking a short notice fight against a guy who if beats you destroys your career.

I'm sorry but that's just nonsense. Even if Chael did land the proverbial "lucky punch", that hardly destroys the career of someone like Jones. Jones creams him in 2 rematches, clears out his division, moves up to HW and dominates that division for another 10 years and makes milions of dollars. Don't be one of the marks that takes the trash talk seriously, you keep kicking ass, and your career is not "ruined".

Its not like a loss to Chael wrecks his career worse than a loss to Vitor or Hendo would either Phone Post

Why wouldn't you stick up for Greg Jackson? I can't see what he's done wrong? He was asked by a fighter if it would be smart to take a fight on 3 days notice. Pretty obvious it isn't. Phone Post

warzone, I'm not blaming anyone brotha! i'm just like you, watching and reading as this all unfolds.

I ended the story twice, so should get downvoted.

Problem?

OK seriously please. I need that red arrow like an addict needs the spike between their toes.

Do it! Doooooo it!

Or don't you pussies. I don't give a shit either way.

The only fucked up thing is there are guys fighting on what is the biggest stage of this sport and have fuck all money. Zuffa is making millions while these guys struggle so hard and im talking about the undercard guys trying to make something for themselves not the 6 figure fighters.

Actually I view it as a win , win win for jones.

He wins in dramatic fashion , he's P4P great.

He wins close decision , it's the biggest rematch in UFC history. Huge ppv money and promotion

He loses , he didn't have time to prepare and Chael is a beast. The rematch is biggest in history with huge ppv.

Win , win win. Phone Post

Jason Reinhardt - this for a moment. If Greg Jackson was this greedy scumbag than he would have encouraged Jones to take the fight with Chael so he doesn't miss out on his own paycheck. Greg Jackson actually losing money on his decision. I think that says something in a day and age where everyone seems so fucking greedy and only out for themselves.

.Come on Jones been training Sonnen hasnt.Dana asked him to fight to save to show

I thought Greg didn't take a %i thought he only took the money for the camp Phone Post

TUF - The outrage isn't about greed. And yes, Jones and Jackson are purely looking out for themselves.

Your argument failed before it began.

Thanks for saving me from having to read any further.

perhaps they didn't like the idea of chael just losing and jumping right into another title shot? who really know guys. I've seen so damn much over the years behind the scenes (which is always suppose to be kept confidential) So, who knows the real reason why? Greg Jackson didn't get to where he is by making bad decisions.

jimbonice - 

Why wouldn't you stick up for Greg Jackson? I can't see what he's done wrong? He was asked by a fighter if it would be smart to take a fight on 3 days notice. Pretty obvious it isn't. Phone Post

HI Gregt Jackson Sorry everyone thinks he was a cheekin as in balk balk balk.