not sticking up for Greg Jackson but think about..

When Jones and Chael does happen it will be way bigger than it would have been now and will break all records.

I call shenanigans about Dana being pissed.

Jason Reinhardt - this for a moment. If Greg Jackson was this greedy scumbag than he would have encouraged Jones to take the fight with Chael so he doesn't miss out on his own paycheck. Greg Jackson actually losing money on his decision. I think that says something in a day and age where everyone seems so fucking greedy and only out for themselves.

Greg's getting paid either way, IMO.

jepetto, probably so. :) And good for him. i like seeing everyone succeed.

Since when did losing one fight ruin anyone's career? All I've been reading today is that, "if JBJ lost, his career would have been over". Really? Give me 1 example of a fighter losing and his career being over? After Fedor finally lost, there was even more hype for his next fight to see if it was a fluke or not. If your career is over because of 1 loss, then you aren't a good fighter IMO. Anderson lost to Ryo for God's sake! Look at his career. Machida lost to JBJ, look at his career. There isn't a single champion that's lost 1 fight who's career is "over" because of the fight. So, your logic is flawed and you obviously are just on JBJ's nuts.

Jason Reinhardt - jepetto, probably so. :) And good for him. i like seeing everyone succeed.

I do too.

Problem is, 20 fighters on that card didn't succeed, since they trained for fights that didn't happen, equaling losses in pay (not including likely bonuses).

This is all thanks to Jones' decision...

Warzone209 -  Many Fighters seek Greg Jackson out because he is a master game planner he didn't obtain that reputation by making stupid decisions like taking a short notice fight against a guy who if beats you destroys your career.

exactly greg is a tactitian and so are his fighters. BUt as of recently it has blown up in his face with guida, and the jones decision. I, like many others dont like him. He should just accept the fact that the fans will never like him and become more of a behind the scenes kind of guy to strictly focus on his job as a coach.

greg jackson is more concerned with his own legacy than his fighters'.

thats why, plain and simple.

Warzone209 -  Many Fighters seek Greg Jackson out because he is a master game planner he didn't obtain that reputation by making stupid decisions like taking a short notice fight against a guy who if beats you destroys your career.

Master game planner - no.

Conservative game planner - yes.

japetto, i know all about training for a UFC fight and spending all the money on my training camp for 12 weeks, being away on the road, only to be called 9 days before my fight to inform me i had to get eye surgery before i could fight. I was informed 9 days before the fight. i lost a lot of money and placed my family in jepardy. so, i know all about this kind of dissapointment and hardship. It truly blows! No excuses. you just deal with it. I've always said, "the hardest fight isn't even inside the cage, it's outside" peace bro

Jason Reinhardt - perhaps they didn't like the idea of chael just losing and jumping right into another title shot? who really know guys. I've seen so damn much over the years behind the scenes (which is always suppose to be kept confidential) So, who knows the real reason why? Greg Jackson didn't get to where he is by making bad decisions.

and hes scared to take a risk to lose what he has even when Dana asks him to do this to save the show

I do see where you're coming from Jason.

The thing that gets to me though, is if you are a champion, you should act like a champion. A real champion will fight any and all challengers, no ifs ands or buts. It's not like Chael had a full training camp to prepare for Jones' style, they both had 8 days to prepare for each other. If anything Bones would be more prepared and inshape since he had been training for a title fight, where as Chael JUST finished going through a grueling camp to fight Anderson.

shmuckothemighty - When Jones and Chael does happen it will be way bigger than it would have been now and will break all records.

I call shenanigans about Dana being pissed.

This.

It will happen either Memorial Day weekend or around the 4th of July.

Guess what?

The same fans that weren't interested in Sonnen-Jones before will be creaming their panties over it.

In the end it winds up making a potentially awful match that no one really wanted into the UFC's biggest money bout of 2013 barring Silva-GSP.

It's all a work.

In the end.

Dana won't be mad but believe it along with Chael's hype talk. They turned Jones into the biggest heel in the biz.

And now the fight that would have done maybe 500-750K MAX could potentially be the first to break 1 million in a very long time. Phone Post

lifeaftrprison - Actually I view it as a win , win win for jones.

He wins in dramatic fashion , he's P4P great.

He wins close decision , it's the biggest rematch in UFC history. Huge ppv money and promotion

He loses , he didn't have time to prepare and Chael is a beast. The rematch is biggest in history with huge ppv.

Win , win win. Phone Post

Agree, agree and agree.

And personally I don't think a champion should be allowed, per his contract, to turn down a fight (unless it is short notice and being scheduled for the first time). People talk about Anderson ducking Weidman and that is bullshit. If the UFC put out contracts, that fight would get signed. They won't because that fight will not make much money.

A UFC champion is supposed to be the best in the world right? Especially when fighting a guy from a lower weight class, with no camp, when the champ is coming off of a full one.

In my mind the card falling apart is the UFC's fault, but that doesn't mean Jones and Jackson slide for their decision. Phone Post

Warzone209 -
TDogg926 -  Since when did losing one fight ruin anyone's career? All I've been reading today is that, "if JBJ lost, his career would have been over". Really? Give me 1 example of a fighter losing and his career being over? After Fedor finally lost, there was even more hype for his next fight to see if it was a fluke or not. If your career is over because of 1 loss, then you aren't a good fighter IMO. Anderson lost to Ryo for God's sake! Look at his career. Machida lost to JBJ, look at his career. There isn't a single champion that's lost 1 fight who's career is "over" because of the fight. So, your logic is flawed and you obviously are just on JBJ's nuts.

Do i really have to dig up the Dana white Youtube Video of him shitting all over Fedor when he lost to Dan Henderson because Dan is a MW who moved up?  Dana is the one who will be doing the reneg.  Anderson wasn't a Belt holder in Pride and alot of shady shit went down in pride that flying heel hook by ryo was one of them..And nobody put Lyoto in a P4P list he KO'd shad then he got a Leonard Garcia style Gift over Rua, then got KTFO by Rua, then lost a close decision to Rampage  before losing to JOnes...You are hardly showing me anything compareable to Jon Jones situation..

What does Dana's opinion about Fedor have to do with anything?? It was said that his career would be over if he lost. You have yet to show me one piece of evidence that supports this. Give me 1 example where an MMA champ lost 1 fight and his career was over. I'll wait. Phone Post

Warzone209 - 
TDogg926 -  Since when did losing one fight ruin anyone's career? All I've been reading today is that, "if JBJ lost, his career would have been over". Really? Give me 1 example of a fighter losing and his career being over? After Fedor finally lost, there was even more hype for his next fight to see if it was a fluke or not. If your career is over because of 1 loss, then you aren't a good fighter IMO. Anderson lost to Ryo for God's sake! Look at his career. Machida lost to JBJ, look at his career. There isn't a single champion that's lost 1 fight who's career is "over" because of the fight. So, your logic is flawed and you obviously are just on JBJ's nuts.

Do i really have to dig up the Dana white Youtube Video of him shitting all over Fedor when he lost to Dan Henderson because Dan is a MW who moved up?  Dana is the one who will be doing the reneg.  Anderson wasn't a Belt holder in Pride and alot of shady shit went down in pride that flying heel hook by ryo was one of them..And nobody put Lyoto in a P4P list he KO'd shad then he got a Leonard Garcia style Gift over Rua, then got KTFO by Rua, then lost a close decision to Rampage  before losing to JOnes...You are hardly showing me anything compareable to Jon Jones situation..

You realize that Dana is a promoter, and it's often his JOB to run down other fighters and organizations? And Dana wasn't even Fedor's boss.

The topic was one fight wrecking a career...losing 3 in a row and then never beating a top fighter again is not the same thing at all.

GladiatorGannon - 

I'm sorry but that's just nonsense. Even if Chael did land the proverbial "lucky punch", that hardly destroys the career of someone like Jones. Jones creams him in 2 rematches, clears out his division, moves up to HW and dominates that division for another 10 years and makes milions of dollars. Don't be one of the marks that takes the trash talk seriously, you keep kicking ass, and your career is not "ruined".

Exactly. he wouldve made and kept more fans even if losing and given an immediate rematch for big money.

Jason Reinhardt - japetto, i know all about training for a UFC fight and spending all the money on my training camp for 12 weeks, being away on the road, only to be called 9 days before my fight to inform me i had to get eye surgery before i could fight. I was informed 9 days before the fight. i lost a lot of money and placed my family in jepardy. so, i know all about this kind of dissapointment and hardship. It truly blows! No excuses. you just deal with it. I've always said, "the hardest fight isn't even inside the cage, it's outside" peace bro

That sucks man. I guess that sort of thing is just part of the game.

You still fighting? If so, what's next. If not, what's next. ;)

Jason Reinhardt - i guess scratch what i said... i guess. i forgot Jones is fighting 3 or 4 weeks later. But even if he wasn't fighting 3 or 4 weeks later i think Jackson still would have pulled him off the card. Point i was trying to make is Jackson (like some coaches) doesn't have his percentage and payday always in his head. (like some coaches i've known) He seems to genuinely care about his guys. shit, i could be wrong. i don't know the man. i've heard differewnt things behind the scenes. (which i always keep to myself) I try my best not to judge. Although it's tough in this business not too sometimes.

He seems to genuinely care about his guys as long as the champion of the weight class doesn't work with him.

Diego...Rashad...Carlos... Who's next?

Jason Reinhardt - OK. I see your guys point. But, i think you missed mine a little.

Jason, what would you have done if you were JBJ?
Just wondering what a pro fighter would do.

Take a fight?
Pass?

Jason Reinhardt - this for a moment. If Greg Jackson was this greedy scumbag than he would have encouraged Jones to take the fight with Chael so he doesn't miss out on his own paycheck. Greg Jackson actually losing money on his decision. I think that says something in a day and age where everyone seems so fucking greedy and only out for themselves.

SMALLER paycheck IMO. I'm sure the contract would have to be renogotiated.