November 6th is a good day for fighting!

UFC 268:

Kamaru Usman
(c) vs. Colby Covington [a]
Women’s Strawweight Rose Namajunas (c) vs. Zhang Weili [b]
Lightweight Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler
Middleweight Sean Strickland vs. Luke Rockhold
Bantamweight Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
Lightweight Al Iaquinta vs. Bobby Green

and…

2 Likes

Canelo vs Plant is going to look like Romero vs Rockhold. Plant will look good early and then be overwhelmed.

Looking forward to Usman vs Colby. I think Usman stops him earlier this time.

And Strickland should be adding another highlight KO to the popular Rockhold getting KTFO reel.

1 Like

I hope Colby has improved drastically since their last fight. I want another war and I want Colby to win

4 Likes

And, before that on Sept 25th.

Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Brian Ortega [a]
Women’s Flyweight Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Lauren Murphy [b]
Welterweight Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler
Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Women’s Flyweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo
Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
Bantamweight Marlon Moraes vs. Merab Dvalishvili
Lightweight Dan Hooker vs. Nasrat Haqparast

4 Likes

I hope the UFC PPV sells better than that boxing bullshit so I can talk shit to all one boxing fan that I know IRL

1 Like

As for 266… WAR DIAZ

1 Like

October 9th

Mackenzie Dern vs. Marina Rodriguez
Flyweight Tim Elliott vs. Matheus Nicolau
Bantamweight Chris Gutiérrez vs. Felipe Colares

All due respect, you absolutely do not know that. (Referring to Canelo vs Plant)

As much as I dislike boxing I may have to watch this one

1 Like

Hoping Usman physically breaks Colby again. Usman is the better fighter and the better Champion.

How can you be a fight fan, and dislike boxing?

I thought Chandler wasn’t fighting in NYC because of the vaccine mandate?

1 Like

He said if it got FDA approved he would get it.

Right?

Not sure. He is listed on the card.

1 Like

I think boxing is corrupt. And as a sport itself it’s boring. They dance, throw a punch, then clinch, then the ref breaks them up. They dance, throw another punch or two, they panic and clinch, ref breaks them up again. It’s just too much of that

As for corruption there’s no way in God’s green earth Manny Pacquio lost to Jeff Horn. Ask anyone who saw that fight. Also something that has always bothered me about boxing is too many titles. Too many weight divisions. There’s no “UFC” of boxing. And I’ve always hated how boxing is an even number of rounds. Who thinks that’s a good idea? You’re just asking for draws which no one, including the fans, wins

2 Likes

Boxing is definitely corrupt. And the organization of the sport is a mess, because everyone is competing separately for $$$.

And I also agree that MMA is more consistent than boxing, at providing good competitive fights.

However, when boxing is good, it is really good. Very, highly skilled, and exciting. Been a fan since I was a young kid.

There are a number of great match ups in next 8 weeks:

(1) Joshua-Usyk. 65k fans in stadium. London. HW Joshua vs Undisputed (undefeated) CW Champion, and Olympic gold medalist Usyk.

(2) Lopez vs Kombosas for undisputed LW title.

(3) Fury vs Wilder IIII - Everything is on line.

(4) Shakur Stevenson vs Herring - Herring is Champion, and Shakur might be the new Mayweather.

(5) Canelo vs Plant - Las Vegas. Fox PPV

(6) Crawford vs Porter - very big fight for hardcore fans. WW title on ESPN PPV

2 Likes

I am pumped as fuck for that prelim main event

Who does know the outcome? I’m just putting forward my best guess after seeing both fighters.

1 Like