Now I REALLY wanna see Kev win it.

ocky? Well, zero chance might be a bit of an overstatement, everybody has a puncher's chance, but he is certainly the underdog.

I like how Joe Rogan put it, "if Coleman had started training BJJ back when he won the UFC belt, he'd be a black belt by now".

I think both Coleman and Randleman should have started training daily with a BJJ blackbelt 8 years ago, keep training wrestling and striking but focus on their weakpoint, submission. Like Couture and Henderson have done.

It was hard to watch Coleman all over Fedor then lose to that elementary arm bar (albeit, an abnormally quick one). And as Viking says above, Randleman didn't know how to pull off that basic keylock. Hopefully Kev has been focusing more on subs so we won't see another Coleman-Fedor. I think he is going to be very careful and his quickness and compact size will make it hard for Fedor to catch him in a sub. KR needs to keep moving and stay on top, basically what Coleman started to do but pay attention to the submissions.

Jack Johnson - Remember, Randleman was on top for most of the fight and ahead until Randy used his guard to finally gas Kevin. It was only AFTER he gassed that Couture got on top and rained down punches. Sure, if Kev is gassed Fedor could easily G&P, I doubt anyone would deny this, but what if Randleman doesn't tire?

I like Kevin, but I see this fight starting out like the Ninja fight,but the difference being that when Fedor reverses Kevin its lights out.

Fedor is the big man, and i think is favored on these forums 20 1 yea i know scary, but id love to see randleman come out with that killer instinct again and suprise the entire world by beating down fedor, however, it probably wont happen, but not for randelmans lack of motivation, thats for sure, hes one driven, mean, scary mofo. But hes not very technical ,id like to see him use his brute strength and iron first ALONG with some subs or reversals, slams even. hes got the strength and talent just not the expertise

Fedor is the big man, and i think is favored on these forums 20 1 yea i know scary, but id love to see randleman come out with that killer instinct again and suprise the entire world by beating down fedor, however, it probably wont happen, but not for randelmans lack of motivation, thats for sure, hes one driven, mean, scary mofo. But hes not very technical ,id like to see him use his brute strength and iron first ALONG with some subs or reversals, slams even. hes got the strength and talent just not the expertise

Yea, I think Kevin has a damn good chance. But Fedor is aware of all of Kevin's abilities and I'm sure he'll be ready for em. Kevin will have to either use maximum strength or pull something out of his ass. But I still say its a 50/50 chance for each of them winning. So its definitely a fair fight.

Fedor is like a 20 year old fresh fighter in a 40 year old mechanics body, but he uses it to the max, and does insane things whilist being flabby and generally not very cut, Randleman is ripped and strong as hell but seems to flury out there and use all his power in 5 seconds, which helps vs cro cop, but may hurt em vs Fedor, Fedor is like a dam you gotta chip away at him then at the last moment strike like a buldozer when hes off point but Fedor may gas randleman out by blocking or just taking his attacks and throwing back twice that at him.

When I saw him backstage taking a nap, rather than warming up, I was flaberghasted. I could not BELIEVE he was napping before getting into the ring with the monster. At this point, I almost knew it was Kev's night.

- there's a lot of waiting involved in these events and keeping oneself hyped throughout the day can burn you out.

In wrestling and judo tournaments Ive done in the past, I too used to lightly sleep thru the big gaps between my matches. I have heard other world level athletes do the same.

But KR didn't BEAT ON Cro Cop, he played a great cat and mouse game, which Mirko also played and got KO'd for it.

I'm not saying he was lucky, well I am, but it's not like what Couture did to Chuck or Silva did to Rampage. You know what I mean?

KR has the most athletic ability of just about anyone in MMA, and I think that is a large part of how the KO came about.

Ghost is partially correct about Nog's pasivity.

Watch against Fedor, against Ricco or even the latest guy Ohara. He's STILL content to do the same things that lost him his fight with Fedor, and nearly did against Ricco. I like this sport for evolution. I know Mino can chain some subs from guard, but let's see the rest. Let's see his sweeps and top game.

"Couture pinned The Monster on the ground and rained punches down on him. Fedor is too strong"

Yeah, but KR was all over him in the first two rounds. So for Pride's first round, Fedor will have his hands full.

I dont think Nog was being too passive against Fedor, I think Fedor was just beating him to the punch (Fedor was controlling things imo).

Ricco was perhaps a mixture of a bad night at the office and a bad matchup for him (we need to give Ricco credit for a super close match that i could just count as a draw).

Ricco had the bjj game to thwart Nog's subs, the wrestling to take him down and the MMA experience to exert some gnp on Mino (not much but many cant even get A shot off in Minos guard).

"Well, zero chance might be a bit of an overstatement, everybody has a puncher's chance, but he is certainly the underdog."

Yes, I agree with, I always say that. When analyzing a fight, you look at the two people fighting and their previous performances. I don't see anything in Kevins game that would lead me to believe he has more than a very, very distant punchers chance. Fedor is just unbelieveably well rounded, and smart in the ring. Has the guy ever broken a sweat against anyone Pride has put in front of him? When you look at this fight you have to ask yourself what can Kevin do? Even if he takes Fedor down what's he gonna do, is he going to submit him? No. Is going to ground and pound him, no, Fedor is way too slick from the guard for that. Is Kevin going to knock him out with a punch, Fedor has a good chin and great standup skills, so I don't see it. What can Kevin do to this man? Then you ask what can Fedor do to Kevin and there are too many things. He can knock him out, he can submit him, he can ground and pound him, etc,.

And for the record, everyone talks about Kevin having good stamina, I have never seen Fedor get winded, have you? I like Randleman, and respect the man for fighting after a death in the family, but I don't know how he can win. Who knows, maybe I'll be putting my foot in my mouth on the 21st. I am looking forward to the fight nonetheless.

Untappable-"Did you see how easily Coleman took him down? Randleman will expoit the takedown defense and hopefully play a smarter game on top than Mark. Randleman is just as strong and way more explosive. "-----------------------------------------------------------------------I'm rooting for Kevin, but Kevin does not have as good a takedown as Coleman. Kevin may be faster, but Coleman is larger, stronger, and has a MUCH better takedown .Coleman takes Kevin down often , but has said that Kevin has never taken him down. Coleman is just a better wrestler.Kevin has even admitted that although he's a proffessional and would fight Coleman for the right price, he would flat out lose because Coleman is too big and strong for him. Coleman owns him in training.

Kevin may have avenged many of Coleman's losses, but he would lose to Coleman himself. Styles make fights. The advantage that Kevin has against guys like Cro Cop and Fedor, that Coleman may not, is his striking ability on the feet and overall speed and explosiveness. None of which would help him against Coleman.

A Randleman win would be quite a Cinderella story.

kos r wierd how sometimes a hard shot doesnt ko the guy and sometimes a soft 1 does. the slam easily coulda ko'd anyone. not sure why it didnt.

I still shake my head in disbelief that Fedor is still walking.

Can't believe Fedor walked away from that.
He will win IMO