Now that the E3 dust has settled

Did PS3 show ANYTHING that has anyone excited? As far as I can tell the best looking game they showed was Heavenly Sword, which looks like a pretty standard beat em up (albeit a beautiful one -- I don't know why it didn't get more buzz, it looks possibly better than any 360 stuff I've seen, and the gameplay looks 100% God of War).

By the way, G4's Picks of the Show were:

Adam Sessler: Gears of War (much as he loved Wii)

Morgan Webb: Gears of War (but since Adam already picked it, she went with Wii Sports)

Other Girl: Spore

Kevin Pereira: Spore (but since other girl picked it, went with Crackdown)

I was surprised no one picked Crysis. Maybe the framerate of the demo killed the excitement somewhat, or the fact that it's still basically the same old same old shooter.

"fact that it's still basically the same old same old shooter."

DING DING DING! we have a winner! :)

Seriously though, Crysis looks wonderful, but after getting over the initial wow factor, its just the same thing.

Gears of War, looks great to, but watching it and reading the impressions, it offer a new style of play, the "Stop and pop" that Cliff B talked about.

wii is gonna change gaming. in fact it already has. LOL @ sonys "johny come lately" responce to Nintendo.

cant wait to use the left controller as a flashlight and the right one as a weapon in some future survival horry game. Just sick.

from what I can see PS3 dosent look anything near as good as the videos they showed of it at TGS, Most if not all those games could be done on an Xbox 360. Ill still end up getting a PS3 when the price comes down just for the next shadow of collusus and God of war. Personally I thought Nintendo won the show even though graphically it looks like shit it comparision to PS3 or the 360.

kingMKV, I just came back to post about Assassin's Creed -- that game looks incredible. Finally a real "medieval" game that isn't fantasy. A very unique look for a game and the stuff it's trying to do sounds amazing. At last you can climb on anything you should be able to climb on!

I'd be very surprised if it didn't come out on 360 as well, though. It is Ubisoft, after all. Gamespy preview:

http://tinyurl.com/mwf5g

"All of the graphics I saw for the PS3 looked worse then the graphics for the original XBOX."

Try to find a high res trailer of Heavenly Sword, it looks so good I don't understand why there isn't more talk about it. I can't tell if it's an action/adventure like God of War, though, or strictly a beat em up limited to smaller areas.

And yeah, Mass Effect looks sweet as hell also.

Crackdown preview:

http://tinyurl.com/e7ouf

There are reports that people witnessed Assassin's Creed was actually running on a 360!

Check it out:

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12682&page=1&pp=10

IGN had the story, but pulled it.

nintendo ruled the show.

sony made the same mistake like last year with microsoft to kill the momentum completly, by showing garbage looking games. hopefully this will change in the coming months. but man did it look bad.

xbox360 games this year. much better then last year. i spoke with a friend of mine who is actually at the show and he was having a blast. although he is a big xbox nuthugger.

for him it was all about Gears of Wars. for him that was the game of the show.

Overall though he said Nintendo had the biggest crowds. and that the ninetdo wii made a huge impact, but all games so far are pretty simple. super mario galaxy was his most favourite nintendo game.

so if we all scoop it up.

1.Nintendo
2.Microsoft
3.Sony

This is the first time I've ever been excited about Nintendo. Considering it is going to be fairly cheap, I'm really considering buying one. I already have a 360 and with what the PS3 has showed it just doesn't seem to be worth the price.

I really think Sony dropped the ball this E3.

"All of the graphics I saw for the PS3 looked worse then the graphics for the original XBOX."

Either a troll or an immensely contrived comment.

Assasin's Creed has me excited. The untitled Naughty Dog title also looks like it could be fantastic.

8 days looked very cool also and I'll be interested to see what becomes of it.

Heavenly Sword and Warhawk could be great as well.

No mention of MGS4?

I'm a Gran Turismo fan but GT HD was like "Yeah whatever" except how Grand Canion looked. Thought Yamauchi (sp) was under utilized and they may have been better just not showing anything rather thana rushed under whelming product.

"There are reports that people witnessed Assassin's Creed was actually running on a 360!"

I doubt it very much but hey, remember Power Macs running demo games at the Microsoft stands last year?

Sonys hype did not live up. I wonder why the supposed "real time" demo av Killzone was not available

"The untitled Naughty Dog title also looks like it could be fantastic."

If it looks like what they showed, I agree. I have a feeling none of that was real-time, though.

Sony has poor support for devs

Yeah, where was Killzone? LOL

Nintendo and Microsoft impressed me.. Sony didnt do much to sway me to buy a ps3

"Sony has poor support for devs"

Yeah, that's going to hurt, specially when 360 is relatively easy to programme on.

I was a M$ kind of supporter before, and nothing at the show swayed me in any other direction.

I would say that because Killzone was one of the stronger FPS titles on PS2 that it is lurking in the background being worked on to MAK SURE it lives up to the hype.

I agree that Sony didn't "wow" the same way this year however this one title I'm confident is being kept as a trump card for a later date - NOT on the PS3 release games list.

Guerilla hasn't made a game yet that was anywhere close to great (in fact they were sub-average). I have a feeling Killzone 2 won't be a world-beater by any stretch.

"Guerilla hasn't made a game yet that was anywhere close to great (in fact they were sub-average)."

I thought the original Killzone was great but I guess that's subjective.

Time will tell ;-)