Now this is teaching

I love everything about this video, especially the speech at the end.

Got some top dogs in that line up.

That was teaching as done by someone who loves what they do. Also that was a lot of higher belts!!!

Too much drilling.  By the time you're a colored belt, you should only need to drill a move 2 to 3 times.  Anything more is just unnecessary repetitions and is just a way for the instructor to waste time until class ends and he can go home.

The People's Knee -  Too much drilling.  By the time you're a colored belt, you should only need to drill a move 2 to 3 times.  Anything more is just unnecessary repetitions and is just a way for the instructor to waste time until class ends and he can go home.

what?!?!? i totally disagree with that. respectfully, of course.

also disagree.

He's kidding.

The People's Knee -  Too much drilling.  By the time you're a colored belt, you should only need to drill a move 2 to 3 times.  Anything more is just unnecessary repetitions and is just a way for the instructor to waste time until class ends and he can go home.

TPK is spot on with this post.

amasing....I would love to train with a black belt.

I can't believe TPk would post such a dumb comment. Who does he think he is, a black belt or something?

+1 because I laughed :)

The only thing I practice are the insults I whisper into my opponent's ear during competition.

Too much drilling. By the time you're a colored belt, you should only need to drill a move 2 to 3 times. Anything more is just unnecessary repetitions and is just a way for the instructor to waste time until class ends and he can go home.

The best way to show your instructor that you really are an advanced student worthy of his admiration is to half-heartedly drill the move twice then sit around chatting, or even walk away making a cell phone call.

This will show everyone you're truly ready for that purple belt.

Fuck that shit bro, I like to skip the technique being drilled and immediately start practicing a variation to the move shown or it's counter.

RealPosition - Fuck that shit bro, I like to skip the technique being drilled and immediately start practicing a variation to the move shown or it's counter.

Now THIS is the high level approach I had as a blue belt.

Yeah, it's important to make sure that your partner never gets to practice a whole rep of the technique, or he might think you're a wimp.

God forbid the instructor shows a submission--if you let your partner do one he might get the idea he has now tapped you. I prefer to scream when he gets close, and then RAGE out when he loosens his grip.

Terrible video Andre. So many things wrong with it, I don't know what to say or where to begin. I suggest you Google Submission 101 and or matbattle.com.

That Roller Grace dude doesn't know anything. I follow the Andre,RealPosition and TPK school of thought on teaching, that guy knows nothing.

James

3t

andre - 
RealPosition - Fuck that shit bro, I like to skip the technique being drilled and immediately start practicing a variation to the move shown or it's counter.

Now THIS is the high level approach I had as a blue belt.

Well you're a late bloomer bro. I been doing this since white belt.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it.