Now this is teaching

RealPosition - Fuck that shit bro, I like to skip the technique being drilled and immediately start practicing a variation to the move shown or it's counter.

Right on Chuck. I remember when you showed up for your first jiu-jitsu class and after Carlson showed you the basic cross collar choke you immediately took off your gi and said "Now what?"

I am in shock that Royler said "you wanna say something Saulo?"

And that Saulo replied with "no".

If ever anyone loved to talk, it's Saulo!

Talked to my friend who was there and he said there were 35 black belts on the mats.

Love Helio and Kano on the wall.

BEEF & CHEESE - Love Helio and Kano on the wall.

Just need a little picture of Maeda in the middle now, possibly pointing in Helio's direction via cross armlock.

i was there, the seminar had awesome training/techniques. It was the last day of training for the mundials for gracie humaita. There were lots of high level black belts like saulo, xande, lovato, fredson alves, vinnnie aieta , demian maia, cleber etc. and lots of smashing going on. Was also very memorable for me as i got my first stripe from royler on my black belt! This was a truly unforgettable experience!

sounds amazing! i cant imagine being in a room with that much tallent.

RealPosition - Fuck that shit bro, I like to skip the technique being drilled and immediately start practicing a variation to the move shown or it's counter.

Showing people stuff that you just learned from youtube is the best way to spend drilling time. What does the instructor know anyway? He is just there to wash the mats when you are done being awesome.

vegard - Talked to my friend who was there and he said there were 35 black belts on the mats.

Where was this held?

The People's Knee -  Too much drilling.  By the time you're a colored belt, you should only need to drill a move 2 to 3 times.  Anything more is just unnecessary repetitions and is just a way for the instructor to waste time until class ends and he can go home.

+1

That's a stacked room for sure. Makes me want to move west where all the jiu jitsu is. They're more BJJ black belts teaching in San Diego now than there are in Brazil. lol

ttt

The People's Knee -  Too much drilling.  By the time you're a colored belt, you should only need to drill a move 2 to 3 times.  Anything more is just unnecessary repetitions and is just a way for the instructor to waste time until class ends and he can go home.

Wit hall due respect, if Royler Gracie thinks his team needs to drill then they should drill. You are light years from being any where near the instructor that Royler is. The worst BB in that room would tool you so maybe you should do a little more drilling and less shit talking.

EDIT: I see you are joking. For give my ignorance