NSAC won't allow broken rib fighter, right?

Why do people think this is even up to Aldo? He made his decision when the news went public. He could have kept everyone hush hush, no way the NSAC will sanction a fight knowing a fighter has a broken rib with doctor confirmation 2 weeks out. If you want to fight you hide it

Hell yeah they would, they are about to make bank on this fight.
I'm 100% sure they would look the other way on this one.

Ok anyone with actual knowledge? They are obviously making stricter drug testing policies, they stopped Ubereem vs JDS when that was a huge fight due to a test

They would intervene on drugs, they have too now with USADA a few weeks off their 'pilot episode'.

But on a rib fracture 2 weeks off? Unless Aldo has trouble breathing, they would stop it.

Obviously since Aldo seems to want to fight, he is gonna have a major weight cut issue if he has hard breaths.

So the question becomes, can he make weight? If so the NSAC won't give 2 fucks. If he misses weight, well UFC has bigger problems.
They won't strip his obviously, but the title wound't be on the line. It turns into a 3 round fight. I am not sure how this will effect them financially.

Kick Boxe -

Ok anyone with actual knowledge? They are obviously making stricter drug testing policies, they stopped Ubereem vs JDS when that was a huge fight due to a test

I'm pretty sure Steve knows what he's talking about, bro. Phone Post 3.0

It would depend on the severity of the injury.

Tito fought with a cracked skull, I don't see why not.

Maybe they will have a nevada doctor look at him and maybe it will turn in to a "bruised" rib. If they do let him fight though, and he doesn't make weight, isn't there a rule that says the person who makes weight can still win the title? Phone Post 3.0

They let Pac fight with a tear in his shoulder. It really comes down to the commission doctor and if he believes the athlete can compete. Phone Post 3.0

slikkster - Maybe they will have a nevada doctor look at him and maybe it will turn in to a "bruised" rib. If they do let him fight though, and he doesn't make weight, isn't there a rule that says the person who makes weight can still win the title? Phone Post 3.0

There really isn't a said "rule".
The Organizations make that "rule".

Saying that, I can't remember a time the UFC stripped a champ for not making weight, has that even happened?

I know Bellator did it recently, but the dude missed weight by 5 pounds I believe. In those extreme cases, it would be interesting to see what UFC does, cause I can't recall them doing anything like that.

I don't see how they allow a fighter with a broken rib to fight if it is indeed broken. Phone Post 3.0

Anderson supposedly had a cracked rib against Sonnen the first time Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -

It would depend on the severity of the injury.

This. It is pretty hard to identify a shoulder injury on a pre-fight physical if the person with it does not want you to know about it; on the other hand it would be very hard to miss a significant rib injury on a pre-fight physical. If you have ever had a rib injury, I don't think you would expect him to try to fight with one Phone Post 3.0

Nevada may allow it under certain circumstances.

ShakaSway - Anderson supposedly had a cracked rib against Sonnen the first time Phone Post 3.0

Yes, but it wasn't public knowledge. The NSAC is fully aware Aldo has a broken rib, there are even scans they could get a hold of from a doctor in Brazil. I don't see any way this fight happens =(

Having cracked a couple myself whilst boxing, I can tell you that if he has indeed cracked/broken ribs, he will be in no shape to fight. No way. Hell, he'll still be struggling to even breathe and not be in pain after two weeks.

Kick Boxe - 
ShakaSway - Anderson supposedly had a cracked rib against Sonnen the first time Phone Post 3.0

Yes, but it wasn't public knowledge. The NSAC is fully aware Aldo has a broken rib, there are even scans they could get a hold of from a doctor in Brazil. I don't see any way this fight happens =(

Also, that fight was in California.

Mike Tyson fought with a snapped spine, so why not?

tiger07 - Having cracked a couple myself whilst boxing, I can tell you that if he has indeed cracked/broken ribs, he will be in no shape to fight. No way. Hell, he'll still be struggling to even breathe and not be in pain after two weeks.

This. I broke four ribs last year...if his ribs are really broken, the first couple weeks are pretty rough. He will definitely not be able to train properly. Phone Post 3.0

I hope they allow jose to fight Phone Post 3.0