Nunes Starts Her Own MMA Establishment

Or she is transitioning to the next phase of her life

• post fighting
    And plans on continuing to contribute to the sport by passing her knowledge to new fighters
6 Likes

I read it as starting a gym, as in an entire buisness operation, not just a small room for her to receive consirge training. The buisness end is ridiculously stressful and time consuming.

So much goes into starting a company you have to ask is fighting your full time job? Not many people can be successful with both. Some do, but it burns the candle at both ends.

5 Likes

Yeah that too

She could be doing some like opening an ATT affiliated gym like you mentioned, running it, training there, but also training elsewhere for her camps. I guess we’ll have to see.

1 Like

She’s already fought at 145 in Invicta for a one-off when the PFL wasn’t running.

2 Likes

Imagine the hordes of Dykes a place like that will attract

12 Likes

Lesbo that had the audacity to adopt a child into her “family.” Now she leaves a top notch organization that brought her massive success after one loss to start her own gym. This individual’s good life is a thing of the past. The decisions we make determine our future.

2 Likes

No shit? I missed that entirely. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah the LHW UFC champ just trains in a small gym with some high school wrestlers. Sounds legit.

I thought that was Nina’s biological kid?

The loss was the excuse she needed and this has been in the works for a long time. Making your own gym isnt something you just start over night.

1 Like

Conan looks at her the same way that he does a child of his own

Why is everyone, including the person that wrote the article so short sighted in regards to life after fighting???

I dont Know

Agreed, that was my first thought. She’s looking at a business after she’s done fighting and it takes years to build up a gym. Might as well do it when you’re coming down from your peak - people know you, you’re still earning money and you can retire from the fight business in a few fights and hopefully will have a self sustaining gym that can provide income in a few years when everything else dries up.

1 Like

Deiveson Figueiredo talks about this in a recent episode of UFC Countdown ot Embedded, or one of those fucking shows. He says he opened his own gym and was training there for his last fight with Brandon Moreno, and it was a huge mistake. He was having to concern himself with employee issues, there was construction going on, and just a number of distractions that effected his training camp. He is training somewhere else for this weekend’s fight.

PS - He’s still going to lose. WAR Moreno!!!

1 Like

I think Amanda is good but, very beatable. Girls were scared of her power and scared to engage you see when you come forward and drag her into later rounds she folds and gives up.

2 Likes

Colby

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…she lost to Pena but she still great with her Team…sometimes when you are the pack leader of a gym, you are surrounded by YES men or women…and not necessarily the best to progress as a fighter. My pennies

Yep!

Gross

2 Likes

Exactly. All the contributors on here who are baffled by her move have no clue how to plan for their future, market their skills, or check their ego in order to know when the rockstar days have passed.

Congratulations on Nunes. Here’s to hoping she creates more champions.