Nutritionists. what do you know about nitrosigine?

So, I have a friend who began taking this.
First, I am in school for nutrition, so I know a little about these things.

Nevertheless, I can find little to no actual science to back this supplement. I tracked down a few of the "studies" that are quoted and one is from 2005, one from 2007 and one 2014, none appear to have any bearing on performance enhancing effects.

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

What is it supposed to do? Phone Post 3.0

These are the claims made. But like I said, I can't find any studies independent of magazines and supplement companies. The first 10 pages of Google results all more or less quoted the same studies which really don't go into performance for athletes.

Nitrosigine® Science Highlights:

The new clinical study demonstrated significant increases in plasma arginine levels (P<0.01) and serum silicon levels (P<0.01) after a single dose of Nitrosigine®. *3 (Fig.1)  In addition, a significant increase in nitric oxide levels (measured as salivary nitrites) was seen after 14 days of product consumption (P<0.05).*3

The increase in NO levels can promote relaxation of smooth muscle in blood vessels, which increases blood flow and improves cardiovascular and muscular health.  (Fig.2)

Consumer benefits directly linked to the clinical study findings include*3:
        • Nitrosigine® significantly boosts nitric oxide (NO) levels, a key factor
           in increasing blood flow
        • Nitrosigine® is a safe, bioavailable source of arginine and silicon
        • Nitrosigine® takes effect in as quickly as 30 minutes
        • Nitrosigine® keeps delivering benefits up to 3 hours after a single      
          dose.
        • Nitrosigine® significantly increases silicon levels for up to 1.5 hours
        • With continued use of Nitrosigine®, nitric oxide levels build over time,
           leading to even better blood flow and vessel flexibility.

Research has shown dramatic protective effects of the novel amino acid complex arginine silicate in pre-clinical animal studies.
        • Nitrosigine® almost doubles maximum blood flow compared to
          Arginine HCl and is 4x greater than Control.*1 
        • Nitrosigine® blood vessel relaxation is almost 5x greater than 
          Arginine HCl.*1   
        • Nitrosigine® supplementation significantly increased silicon
          blood levels compared to normal dietary intake.*2 
        • Higher nitric oxide related maximum blood flow & vessel relaxation 
          achieved with Nitrosigine® offer many health benefits. Phone Post 3.0

porra, where are you?!?

SitcksAndStones -

Just get real juice brah

Hahaha l. I agree. But unfortunately my friend got a trainer online that this is part of his program. The more I look the more I call bs. the one study they did the participants only took for 14 days. According to some of the sites it only begins working after 14 days. Lol Phone Post 3.0

Jessy Ringquist -
SitcksAndStones -

Just get real juice brah

Hahaha l. I agree. But unfortunately my friend got a trainer online that this is part of his program. The more I look the more I call bs. the one study they did the participants only took for 14 days. According to some of the sites it only begins working after 14 days. Lol Phone Post 3.0
This sounds like some bullshit, especially coming from an online trainer Phone Post 3.0

thetattedbatman -
Jessy Ringquist -
SitcksAndStones -

Just get real juice brah

This sounds like some bullshit, especially coming from an online trainer Phone Post 3.0
True. But it is also seemingly the latest rage. It is in all the magazines and supplement companies. To be fair the vast majority of supplements are also just as much bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

That whole industry is broken. Unless there is an actual medical need for a supplement you're unlikely to get an unbiased study. Whatever company it is that produces the majority of it will design their "study" to produce whatever results they want. Most of the time the studies don't even exist. There is no control over that industry. They can claim whatever they want.

Maybe it isn't like that anymore, but it was when i worked in it 10 years ago.

Jamien604 - That whole industry is broken. Unless there is an actual medical need for a supplement you're unlikely to get an unbiased study. Whatever company it is that produces the majority of it will design their "study" to produce whatever results they want. Most of the time the studies don't even exist. There is no control over that industry. They can claim whatever they want.

Maybe it isn't like that anymore, but it was when i worked in it 10 years ago.
It is most definitely still like that. Phone Post 3.0