NYC to pay people at risk of COMMITTING gun violence

however will they decide who will get this money? Also lol that the picture has all black people…how wacist

3 Likes

Holy shit $1000 a month, plus bonuses for things like getting a GED. This is hilarious.

3 Likes

You know what it is called if people are holding others hostage and get paid to not shoot them?

This is now Democratic policy and they call it ADVANCED PEACE.

Every day I grow more certain we are in a simulation and there is a contest on who can fuck it up the worst.

7 Likes

Proven to work in other cities?

It was a disaster in Stockton, and murders were up 60% v. the 37% increase nationwide for 2019 - 2020.

Where was this nonsense proven to work?

3 Likes

This will increase crime IMO. Thinking back to when I was a kid, I would use that money for alcohol, guns, etc…

1 Like

And you have to think that people would want on the list, so they start acting the fool.

3 Likes

The program is run by a bunch of ex cons and ex gangbangers. They take a nice pay for it themselves. It is a fucking scam. It was ineffective in Sacramento, and a disaster in Stockton.

They already have a similar intervention program in Brooklyn called MAN UP! and all it has done is lined the pockets of Charles Barron while the murder rate in East New York continues to skyrocket.

5 Likes

Potential “at risk” citizens may only be held back from committing gun violence because they can’t afford a gun… within a month they can buy 2 glocks!

4 Likes

“I love the incentives, to be able to reward high-risk people for doing the right thing,” Perry said. “With the Cure Violence money, we don’t have enough funds to do anything like that. But these young men and women need the money. Let’s just try to incentivize the right thing.”

If they need money, how about they sell their fucking guns?

4 Likes

You are paying a ransom to thugs while innocent people are struggling in the same inner city neighborhoods. You are giving thousands to murdererd and drug dealers while struggling minority kids who are working hard in school could use that money to go to a better school or go to college.

This is terrible.

3 Likes

I am sure they don’t have to kick anything back to the “mentors”, and I am also sure none of it kicks back to “community leaders”.

If these community leaders and mentors are so powerful, why do have all of the violence and murder to deal with in the first place? Wouldn’t they have already intervened in the name of their community?

5 Likes

How about we cut off their trigger finger and tell them if they ever pick up a gun, their balls are next.

3 Likes

How about starting with the balls of these dead beat fucks that will all have 5 kids from 4 women and not take care of any of them.

2 Likes

$1,000 a month? Thats enough money for drugs and ammo.

1 Like

They cut funding for places like Starret City boxing and make them struggle while they do REAL community outreach with at risk youths, while at the same time producing champions and positive role models like Danny Jacobs.

$1k each to a bunch of criminals to hang out with older more seasoned criminals and tan emoney from the man? Why not. #defundthepolice

1 Like

So no fear of getting arrested plus $1000 a month. That will definitely stop the crime.

I wonder what the pre-reqs are?

Rapers/Murderers = $1000
Attempted Murder = $800
Assault with a deadly weapon = $750

1 Like

Hypothetically, if the programs were definitively proven to work & cost significantly less than the equivalent burden on the legal/prison system, would you be able to set your internal sense of cosmic justice aside?

Let’s make the hypothetical a charitable effort instead of a government program, to keep the libertarian/authoritarian spectrum out of your calculus altogether. Would you be OK with it? Would you donate?

I’m not asking about the IRL programs at all here; just posing the thought experiment.

For anyone to entertain this for even a solitary second is laughable.

5 Likes

Nope, I don’t believe in giving out hand outs. It breeds lazy people

3 Likes