NYC What to do

So my brothers company has offered me a free trip to NYC on the 13th-20th August. I'm from a small village in the UK so don't want to get there and be completely overwhelmed and just end up getting pissed everyday. A list of what to do from you crazy fuckers will be a great help. Thanks,

Edit: the mrs is not coming with me ... Phone Post 3.0

Get drunk everyday in DIFFERENT bars. Phone Post 3.0

Are you a walker?

If so, walk the Brooklyn Promenade down to the base of the Brooklyn Bridge. Eat pizza at Grimaldi's, then walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan. Great views.

Also, if you're on a budget, the Staten Island Ferry is a 25 min ride, free, and offers up close views of the Statue of Liberty. Get a beer and a pretzel on the boat and view of Lady Liberty.

For the hipster pub scene, hit up Brooklyn neighborhoods like Williamsburg and Greenpoint. For authentic cheap food of pretty much any ethnicity, hit up Queens. Just eat your way along the 7 train. Phone Post 3.0

What's your interests, OP? Food? Shopping? Bar scene? Nudie bars? Tourist sights? Also your budget. That will help us narrow it down. Phone Post 3.0

oldnslow - Are you a walker?

If so, walk the Brooklyn Promenade down to the base of the Brooklyn Bridge. Eat pizza at Grimaldi's, then walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan. Great views.

Also, if you're on a budget, the Staten Island Ferry is a 25 min ride, free, and offers up close views of the Statue of Liberty. Get a beer and a pretzel on the boat and view of Lady Liberty.

For the hipster pub scene, hit up Brooklyn neighborhoods like Williamsburg and Greenpoint. For authentic cheap food of pretty much any ethnicity, hit up Queens. Just eat your way along the 7 train. Phone Post 3.0

Why, for the love of God, would you recommend a visitor visit Williamsburg? 

Brooklyn bar hopping is as good as it gets.
Get apps everywhere.
Bierkaft is one of my favorites Phone Post 3.0

oldnslow - Are you a walker?

This is pretty solid.

I'd add: 5am dinner after a heavy night of drinking at Wo Hop in Chinatown. They'll keep serving Chinese beer as long as you're there.

Walk the whole fucking city. Just explore. Manhattan is really safe, nothing like 20 years ago. Anything you've heard about: do it.

Go to a baseball game, take the train to Coney Island for a couple of hours at the dirty, old beach a few beers and a Nathan's hot dog.

No prob adding to the list of things to do, but there are at least 3 other threads from visitors asking the same regarding NYC.

Search for those threads Phone Post 3.0

VinnyTheChin - No prob adding to the list of things to do, but there are at least 3 other threads from visitors asking the same regarding NYC.

My apologies fren, was posting from the app. Thanks to all you others with a helpful reply Phone Post 3.0

UKelevener -
VinnyTheChin - No prob adding to the list of things to do, but there are at least 3 other threads from visitors asking the same regarding NYC.

My apologies fren, was posting from the app. Thanks to all you others with a helpful reply Phone Post 3.0
No apology needed. Thought it would be helpful to you.

Enjoy my big apple Phone Post 3.0

Walk centralt Park

Observation deck at Empire State Building or Rockefeller center

Grand central station

9/11 memorial and freedom toweR

In Phone Post 3.0

OP,

Anything specific you're interested in doing/seeing? What are your expectations?
Maybe we can steer you in the right direction.

If there's some must see shit for you, fuck Trip Advisor, you have Bobby Loopz and Vinny the Chin and Ned and Srieter and Abe and a bunch of other motherfuckers who know what's up.

Rooftop party at Hotel Chantelle....trust me on this one.

FUCK BITCHES, GET MONEY!!!!!

No, seriously dude. I've loved here my whole life that's exactly what you'd do in NYC Phone Post 3.0

As a former resident, I recommend the Circle Line Tour around Manhattan. It's a fun ride and you'll see more of Manhattan and the surrounding area than any bus can show you. You'll be amazed at the variety. That's good touristy stuff.

Of course, it's way better with a date and a little wine/cheese/bread picinic.