NYT Confirms Conor McGregor Sexual Assualt

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/26/sports/conor-mcgregor-ufc.html?action=click&module=Alert&pgtype=Homepage

AND a retirement?  Big week for Conor. 

To be clear, it’s confirmation that he is being investigated for sexual assault, not that sexual assault actually occurred.

To be clear, it’s confirmation that he is being investigated for sexual assault in a case that matches a sexual assault rumor regarding Conor from last month, not that sexual assault actually occurred.  

I made a thread about it last December shortly after it happened and was shouted down for "spreading rumours & lies"

MrShush - 

To be clear, it’s confirmation that he is being investigated for sexual assault in a case that matches a sexual assault rumor regarding Conor from last month, not that sexual assault actually occurred.  

What are you talking about? It’s still just an allegation. He hasn’t been charged.

The news is that the “unnamed sportsman” in the memos and stuff is indeed Conor McGregor, which everyone knew anyway. It doesn’t make the allegation any more or less credible.

Dang.  Story has legs now. I get why he wouldn't sign a fight.......

Why do you think the story has legs now?

She went to police in December, they arrested and released him in January. They collected evidence from his hotel room and the surveillance cameras.

Three months later, he is STILL not charged with anything. Does that sound like an air tight case to you?

I am not even a Conor fan, but the rush to judgement on sexual assault cases pisses me off. So many guys have had their lives ruined by lying women in cases like this.

How long does it usually take a DNA / Rape test to come back ?

So is this the same girl or a new allegation?

Damnnn this just wont go away 

JoseyWales -

How long does it usually take a DNA / Rape test to come back ?

not sure. I remember the initial reports of this saying the sportsmen in question admitted to having consensual sex with the victim. so DNA test wouldn't be much help. the reports of the victim being beaten and raped would seem to be good evidence to it not being sex though, but still, no charges so may be more to story.

Wow the press finally said his name, has he lost his WME protection?

The article is garbage... Doesn't say much.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/26/sports/conor-mcgregor-sexual-assault.html

McGregor has not been charged with a crime. The allegations have not been proven and the fact that an investigation is continuing does not imply that McGregor is guilty of a crime. A lawyer for McGregor in Dublin did not respond to messages seeking comment.

TequilaYuen - 
MrShush - 

What are you talking about? It’s still just an allegation. He hasn’t been charged.

The news is that the “unnamed sportsman” in the memos and stuff is indeed Conor McGregor, which everyone knew anyway. It doesn’t make the allegation any more or less credible.

no, its just that the unnamed sportsman in the memos and stuff is Conor McGregor, which everyone knew anyway.

It is still just an allegation, he hasn’t been charged.

For you guys saying “McGregor was arrested, questioned and released, but we don’t know if an assault actually occurred”..... have it a little twisted. He was arrested and released, but We DO know an assault occurred, because the accuser went to the hospital. The rape kit was done and processed months ago. She had bruises around her neck and her tampon had been forcefully pushed into her cervix. We just don’t know if it was Conor or some other “sportsman” partying at the same hotel that night.

Doesn’t say much? Did you read it? Cause I did and it lays out a metric shitload of allegations that are far more than rumors as his publicist suggested this was. The NYT actually fact checked and placed him at the Beacon on previous dates before it the event, but doesn’t go so far as to say he booked it that night.They also confirmed that police collected evidence from a room Conor stayed in. Doesn’t make him guilty, does make him a suspect. Jesus I wouldn’t want any of this shit printed in any paper about me or anyone I know, much less the times. 

I guess you would walk it off Card, they didn’t say much.

PhillyFights - 

For you guys saying “McGregor was arrested, questioned and released, but we don’t know if an assault actually occurred”..... have it a little twisted. He was arrested and released, but We DO know an assault occurred, because the accuser went to the hospital. The rape kit was done and processed months ago. She had bruises around her neck and her tampon had been forcefully pushed into her cervix. We just don’t know if it was Conor or some other “sportsman” partying at the same hotel that night.

^ I didn't know any of this and none of this is in the article. That's what I mean by doesn't say much. It says his name, the hotel, he booked the penthouse and he's on camera, but I believe we knew this already.

Sorry, I posted this while I was at the gym. Would have made the title a little better, but I rushed it