O’Malley Explains Why He is Reluctant to Fight Cody

O’Malley shared the following words on Michael Bisping’s ‘Believe You Me‘ podcast:

“After Cody got knocked out, I got asked at the press conference: ‘What do you wanna say?’. And I just said, ‘I feel bad for him’. He’s lost a lot of fights in a row, and I don’t really have anything negative to say about him.” Sean O’Malley said of Cody Garbrandt. “It’s just tough. If I go out there and beat him… I do not see it doing much for me right now. He’s 1-6 or something in his last seven. I think he’s won one fight since 2017. I go out there and beat him, it doesn’t really do what it would’ve (done) three or four fights ago. I go out there and lose to Cody, who’s 1-7 and just got knocked out, that does a lot of negative damage towards me. I just don’t think that’s realistically the next fight.”

2 Likes

Wow, O’Malley isn’t as stupid as I thought. He shouldn’t have admitted this though, he should have insulted him and said that he doesn’t want to kill him in the octagon.

With this said I think he beats Cody 9/10 times

6 Likes

all of that makes perfect sense

3 Likes

Its the fight game, this is the next step for O’Malley. Put up or shut up. And he does come off as a bit of a bitch for saying it that way. Your at the edge of the high dive kid, you gonna jump or climb back down the ladder in front of all the pretty ladies in their bathing suits?

4 Likes

Dont aply logic in the fight game, just bang bro!

1 Like

The next step is fighting a dude in a different weight class who hasnt won in 4 years?

2 Likes

For once he makes total sense AND is classy doing so, but UI guess it’s never good enough for you guys ha ha.

He tried to start shit with him for promotional purposes as it was a bout that made sense if both won or even if both lost, but he is 100% spot on as it stands now.

3 Likes

He has a chance to vanquish a former champ, an unpopular one at that, and put himself further in favor with the bosses. Codys like 1-5, so take the easy payday, gain some fans, on to the next guy. I get what you’re saying but if you’re a fighter you look for a reason to fight, get paid, and move on to the next one

2 Likes

Once again, talking about who he refuses to fight.

I’m sure he’ll get a can lined up so he can do cool basketball jumpers.

3 Likes

There are not a lot of accolades for beating someone who fell off that hard.

He already knocked out a former champ and nobody here even remembers.

On top of that Cody has real 1 shot power and losing to him would set him back a couple years.

I think Sean is playing it pretty smart.

2 Likes

This guy is like 27 years old. He hasn’t fought anyone and 30 is around the corner.

All he does is talk about reasons he won’t fight people.

The guy needs to put up or shut up. He’s wasting time and I’m not sure how you think that’s playing it smart.

Is he going to fight cans until he’s 30 and then try to climb the ranks?

1 Like

Could be, but I think smart is taking another scalp (while seans fortunate enough to be healthy), get the cheddar, lots of fans to be won exiling Cody, maybe get on a ppv card, and stay active, maybe even get better during this camp for Cody

He just got ranked. He has a larger social media following than most other fighters by a huge margin.

Dana just said I guess we need to pay him more.

He’s making great money and has a clothing line, a podcast, and more which are doing well.

Yes, hes being very smart.

1 Like

I guess if social media is your end game. Good for him I guess.

Not doing too hot sporting wise but less and less people give a flying fuck about sports anyway including the athletes.

All about money and fame and fans bragging about their favourite social media star’s money.

Strange world we live in.

2 Likes

He should just do layups

2 Likes

I don’t hate on him for crushing cans. If I had his fighting skills and could make fighting cans I would do the same thing. He is the Jake Paul of mma

1 Like

Totally wrong on all levels and I don’t csre for the kid too much as a person love to watch him fight but shit personality but he’s pretty spot on and I appreciated he didn’t just keep shitting on him for no reason.

This fight has come and past for Cody I’m afraid.

1 Like

Im never wrong

• I take it back, there was a thread earlier this week where somebody said Shawshank Redemption was a cinema flop and I disagreed with them. Turns out it was a flop (heavy competition) and it was beat out by Forrest Gump. I offered an apology and a retraction and I will never feel that pain again