Obama compared ISIS to Christian Crusaders!

J Macc 01 - I just don't like organized religion at all. It's caused more murderous actions than everything else on this earth combined.

But that being said, I'll roll with the Christians all day over the Muslims.
I'm with you, belief is a motherfucker and if you get people to believe they will do almost anything for that belief, I like how people on the OG boast about their "knowledge" all you're doing is just repeating something someone else believes, i like the dave chappelle skit where he does his own autobiography the one where out the womb he has huge johnson, the temptation to lie is to great, don't believe everything you read. Phone Post 3.0

Mark Antony's hangover - 
J Macc 01 -
Basz - 
James Thorpe - That's kind of spot on if you look up the Crusades.... Phone Post 3.0
The crusades were reactive. the Muslims were slaughtering by the thousands and taking Over lands the Crusades stopped that. please explain was wrong about them Phone Post 3.0

He was also talking about The Inquisition, which was not reactive.
You do know that Muslims has conquered nearly all of the Iberian peninsula. It wasn't until the 15th century that they were completely driven out militarily. The same century that a certain something else began...... Phone Post 3.0

True, but a military battle is quite separate from torturing civilians, imo. I get what you're saying, though.

James Thorpe -
J Macc 01 - I just don't like organized religion at all. It's caused more murderous actions than everything else on this earth combined.

But that being said, I'll roll with the Christians all day over the Muslims.
I'm with you, belief is a motherfucker and if you get people to believe they will do almost anything for that belief, I like how people on the OG boast about their "knowledge" all you're doing is just repeating something someone else believes, i like the dave chappelle skit where he does his own autobiography the one where out the womb he has huge johnson, the temptation to lie is to great, don't believe everything you read. Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

Willybone - 
Fletch Fuller - 

Except that it was close to 1000 years ago. The point is, how do you stand up with some moral equivalency argument trying to rub Christians' noses in it for something that their ancestors did 900 years ago and Radical Islam is doing now?

Except people were espousing (supposedly) Christian values to support Jim Crow laws and segregation within a lifetime. We've got people alive now who both gave those justifications and even more people alive directly or indirectly impacted by them.

Now, granted, to get the full brunt of advocating wholesale slaughter, Obama had to resort to ancient history, but if he'd wanted to simply highlight some pretty heinous sins backed by Christianity (including murder), he could've just spun the clock back 40 years.

I guess if the Crusade and Inquisition part of the argument falls apart, there is always Jim Crow to fall back on. Why not make Jim Crow the enture argument then?

Fletch Fuller -
Willybone - 
Fletch Fuller - 

Except that it was close to 1000 years ago. The point is, how do you stand up with some moral equivalency argument trying to rub Christians' noses in it for something that their ancestors did 900 years ago and Radical Islam is doing now?

Except people were espousing (supposedly) Christian values to support Jim Crow laws and segregation within a lifetime. We've got people alive now who both gave those justifications and even more people alive directly or indirectly impacted by them.

Now, granted, to get the full brunt of advocating wholesale slaughter, Obama had to resort to ancient history, but if he'd wanted to simply highlight some pretty heinous sins backed by Christianity (including murder), he could've just spun the clock back 40 years.

I guess if the Crusade and Inquisition part of the argument falls apart, there is always Jim Crow to fall back on. Why not make Jim Crow the enture argument then?

I didn't know Jesus taught segregation I guess I will have to dust off the Bible and read it again Phone Post 3.0

Trust - 
J Macc 01 -
Fletch Fuller - 
J Macc 01 - 
Basz - 
James Thorpe - That's kind of spot on if you look up the Crusades.... Phone Post 3.0
The crusades were reactive. the Muslims were slaughtering by the thousands and taking Over lands the Crusades stopped that. please explain was wrong about them Phone Post 3.0

He was also talking about The Inquisition, which was not reactive.

Which was how many years ago?

I think this has been put to bed.

Signing off for Fox News, Fletch Fuller.
I still don't understand why Obama brought it up; are we supposed to think IS isn't so bad because some people in the U.S. did some horrible things? Muslim countries have expressed shock and outrage over the execution of the Jordanian pilot, but we shouldn't because we had some asshole racists in the U.S. a few decades ago? WTF!?

Please, someone who speaks Obama explain it. By the way, the Whitehouse confirmed that that portion of his speech was not written - he threw that in on his own, according to the report I heard on the radio this morning. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe he's trying to not get us in anymore wars? I don't know, honestly. For the record, I'm not a democrat.

Basz - 
Fletch Fuller -
Willybone - 
Fletch Fuller - 

I didn't know Jesus taught segregation I guess I will have to dust off the Bible and read it again Phone Post 3.0

Jesus said dont be mean to your slaves.

Fletch Fuller - I guess if the Crusade and Inquisition part of the argument falls apart, there is always Jim Crow to fall back on. Why not make Jim Crow the enture argument then?

Well, Jim Crow was horrible, ruined productive lives, and was part of a social atmosphere that put a greatly reduced value on non-white lives, but it wasn't the wholesale slaughter the crusades were.

But, I agree with you in that the temporal relevance (within a lot of our lifetimes) might have trumped the large-scale inhumanity (kill 'em all). Bringing up the Crusades just automatically invites the argument that ALL involved with those horrors are long dead by dozens of generations. With bringing up Jim Crow, a lot of us can think back to a grandparent or two that you just KNOW was on the wrong side of the argument.

Basz -
Uhm....ask the thousands of Jews the Christians killed along the way. I'm not agreeing with what Obama said, but it's a sad state of affairs the ignorance of Americans about history. The Crusades were about violence. The Holy lands were an excuse the Pope and other leaders used to get Christians to kill someone else instead of each other, which they did by the hundreds of thousands in the Middle Ages. If you did any primary source reading you would know that many Jews and Christians preferred Muslim rule to that of the Byzantines.

That said, the Muslims were brutal to the core during the early expansion period. Being attacked by the Crusaders was a live by the sword, die by the sword situation. Fuck them. Phone Post 3.0

Willybone -
Fletch Fuller - 

This + lynching Phone Post 3.0

Basz - I'm so tired of the stupidity. even if everything they said about the crusades were true and they were all evil which is obviously not the case the founder of Christianity preached peace . the founder of Islam killed and taught murder and destruction. Anyone who tries to equate those two religions are either mentally challenged or just have an absolute hatred for Christianity Phone Post 3.0
This. Muslims extremists are the ones following their religion correctly. That's the problem. You can't just have moderate Muslims. Because even if all the radicals magically disappeared right now, some moderate will actually read the Quran for himself and realize he isn't following his religion correctly. And he hadn't had his foot in his mouth so many times in the past I would say this is the dumbest thing obama has ever said. Still might be. Phone Post 3.0

Fletch Fuller -

I think the point he was making was to not count all muslims out. Obviously religions can move past this... as we've absolutely seen with christianity. Phone Post 3.0

Can someone point out a section of the bible that would, when read literally, condone and encourage the killing of non believers?

Uni man -
Basz - I'm so tired of the stupidity. even if everything they said about the crusades were true and they were all evil which is obviously not the case the founder of Christianity preached peace . the founder of Islam killed and taught murder and destruction. Anyone who tries to equate those two religions are either mentally challenged or just have an absolute hatred for Christianity Phone Post 3.0
This. Muslims extremists are the ones following their religion correctly. That's the problem. You can't just have moderate Muslims. Because even if all the radicals magically disappeared right now, some moderate will actually read the Quran for himself and realize he isn't following his religion correctly. And he hadn't had his foot in his mouth so many times in the past I would say this is the dumbest thing obama has ever said. Still might be. Phone Post 3.0
And the people burning witches were the ones following the bible to a tee. Phone Post 3.0

Willybone -
Fletch Fuller - 

So instead of addressing the current problem he deflects and attacks a different group?

Way to lead Phone Post 3.0

ArmbarKing - Can someone point out a section of the bible that would, when read literally, condone and encourage the killing of non believers?
You mean New Testament, not entire Bible, right? Phone Post 3.0

ArmbarKing - Can someone point out a section of the bible that would, when read literally, condone and encourage the killing of non believers?

Deuteronomy 17

Strandman -
Basz -
Uhm....ask the thousands of Jews the Christians killed along the way. I'm not agreeing with what Obama said, but it's a sad state of affairs the ignorance of Americans about history. The Crusades were about violence. The Holy lands were an excuse the Pope and other leaders used to get Christians to kill someone else instead of each other, which they did by the hundreds of thousands in the Middle Ages. If you did any primary source reading you would know that many Jews and Christians preferred Muslim rule to that of the Byzantines.

That said, the Muslims were brutal to the core during the early expansion period. Being attacked by the Crusaders was a live by the sword, die by the sword situation. Fuck them. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not arguing that the Crusades were bunch of holy men doing holy things it was a war and it was a just war. just like any other war their people That choose to do Hanus things. the difference again is Christ never preached or taught these things. Mohammed on the other hand not only taught it but lived it Phone Post 3.0

Apparently it doesn't matter how retarded of an argument Obama makes. Liberals will blindly defend and agree with him no matter what. Phone Post

Darup - Apparently it doesn't matter how retarded of an argument Obama makes. Liberals will blindly defend and agree with him no matter what. Phone Post
Unfortunately this is true Phone Post 3.0