Obama interview on 60 Minutes

How obvious is it that America is in Syria for no moral reason? Obama sounds like an idiot.

60 Minutes has Putin last week, Obama this week. What a show! Phone Post 3.0

Putin should get the next peace prize. Phone Post 3.0

crazydave - Putin should get the next peace prize. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

drywallerdave -
crazydave - Putin should get the next peace prize. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
War is peace. Phone Post 3.0

I think the whole thing was rehearsed. Nno way he'd "hardball" him like that with no warning. It was designed to look tough, but was entirely crafted by his admin.

ptper - I think the whole thing was rehearsed. Nno way he'd "hardball" him like that with no warning. It was designed to look tough, but was entirely crafted by his admin.
sigh tru dis... Phone Post 3.0

I think the interview and some articles that came out make it fairly clear that Obama was too weak to resist the political factions that wanted him to get involved in Syria. Hopefully he takes Putin moving in as an opportune time to completely abandon Syria.

Kroft didn't go easy on him for once

I thought the interview was great. But I'm not a Obama hater or look for every little thing you think is wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Ridgeback - 
DickolasNicholas - I thought the interview was great. But I'm not a Obama hater or look for every little thing you think is wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Yet I have never heard Obama or a single one of his supporters explain the basic idea behind his foreign policy, which appears to be something he is making up as he goes.  A person doesn't have to hate him to be seriously concerned about what the hell he is doing. 

We are Saudi Arabia's bitch.  They say jump, we say how high.  I suspect our aggression towards Syria is orchestrated mostly by them.

Ridgeback -
DickolasNicholas - I thought the interview was great. But I'm not a Obama hater or look for every little thing you think is wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Yet I have never heard Obama or a single one of his supporters explain the basic idea behind his foreign policy, which appears to be something he is making up as he goes.  A person doesn't have to hate him to be seriously concerned about what the hell he is doing. 

In contrast do you prefer Bush's foreign policy to Obama's? Phone Post 3.0

Any highlights from either interview? Or would highlights just result in shit being taken out of context? Phone Post 3.0

Mas Tisu - 

wow.....

trying my absolute best not to call you a fucking retard.....

do you seriously think Obama has been asked a single unscripted question in a pre-arraigned major MSM interview in the last 6 years?

it doesn't happen

attjack - 
Ridgeback -

what about FDR???????????

attjack -
Ridgeback -

Really? "But bush...."

That's still a thing? Phone Post 3.0

So you guys don't think it's appropriate to put the current president's foreign policy into context be contrasting it with his predecessors foreign policy?

Ridgeback -
attjack - Do you guys don't think it's appropriate to put the current president's foreign policy into context be contrasting it with his predecessors foreign policy? Phone Post 3.0

It may be in other cases, but not this one since you are bringing up Bush to take the heat off your man.  Neither one of them are my man so I can focus on our second term president and what he has done in power so far, especially when it comes to his apparently incoherent foreign policy.

As an aside, my question gives him the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe there is a larger strategy here that I am not aware of, but he sure as hell doesn't convey that strategy to the people.  Nor does it appear to be a strategy on the outside, but rather a kind of reactionary race to piss on the highest flames. 

Well he's certainly not my man. Feel free to ignore that or pretend you forgot. Obama hasn't started multiple wars costing us a trillion dollars. If Hillary or Jeb were president, McCain, or maybe Romney they would be likely to have started another ground war. He gets credit for not doing that IMO. Context is important. Phone Post 3.0

Ridgeback - 
attjack - Do you guys don't think it's appropriate to put the current president's foreign policy into context be contrasting it with his predecessors foreign policy? Phone Post 3.0

It may be in other cases, but not this one since you are bringing up Bush to take the heat off your man.  Neither one of them are my man so I can focus on our second term president and what he has done in power so far, especially when it comes to his apparently incoherent foreign policy.

As an aside, my question gives him the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe there is a larger strategy here that I am not aware of, but he sure as hell doesn't convey that strategy to the people.  Nor does it appear to be a strategy on the outside, but rather a kind of reactionary race to piss on the highest flames. 

I could be wrong, but I perceive attjack to be more anti-conservative than pro-Obama.  And for anyone paying attention, Obama's policies are mostly a continuation of Bush's.  But on some issues, Obama doubles down. 

In many ways Obama is more right wing than Bush was.  Even on domestic issues like gay marriage Obama was conservative.  After the Supreme Court ruled gay marriage constitutional, I heard more than once people claim that Obama legalized gay marriage.  Quite the opposite.  There are several interviews out there where Obama said he would definitely not support any Constitutional amendment to make it legal, and that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Nuevo Haole - 
Mas Tisu - 

wow.....

trying my absolute best not to call you a fucking retard.....

do you seriously think Obama has been asked a single unscripted question in a pre-arraigned major MSM interview in the last 6 years?

it doesn't happen

Easy tiger. I was talking relative to the kid gloves and softballs that Kroft has thrown in past interviews (for which he was crucified, rightly). In this one, he persisted on some questions that Obama was trying to wriggle out of, which is leaps and bounds above what happened on 60 minutes in the past. If you think that I am being retarded, then you are the fucking retard.

LFTM -
attjack -
Ridgeback -

Really? "But bush...."

That's still a thing? Phone Post 3.0
Dude, I have people on FB calling out the "Republican's God, Reagan" for Iran Contra and shit. There's no end to that shit. Phone Post 3.0