Obamacare only fines poor & idiots

QuinTheEskimo -
MrFluffyHippo -
Dagz - If you make the same as someone else and they get a tax refund and you don't, doesn't that make you an idiot. Phone Post 3.0
No it means you're giving money away.
Hence the term, refund. Phone Post 3.0

You arent giving anything away. They are required to pay back whatever extra you paid throughout the year. Its wise to pay in a little extra each check to make sure that if you did make a mistake somewhere that you still wont owe anything. The only risk is that the gvmt might decide to write ious or just keep the money. If that ever happens you'll have much bigger problems than not receiving your $500. Phone Post

Spoken like a true idiot. You do realize that if your taxes are collected correctly you wouldn't get a "refund" back? Your basically giving them an interest free loan for an entire year. They want you to think paying more into taxes helps you, the only thing it does is give them more money for free. Phone Post 3.0

baj54 -
QuinTheEskimo -
MrFluffyHippo -
Dagz - If you make the same as someone else and they get a tax refund and you don't, doesn't that make you an idiot. Phone Post 3.0

You arent giving anything away. They are required to pay back whatever extra you paid throughout the year. Its wise to pay in a little extra each check to make sure that if you did make a mistake somewhere that you still wont owe anything. The only risk is that the gvmt might decide to write ious or just keep the money. If that ever happens you'll have much bigger problems than not receiving your $500. Phone Post

Spoken like a true idiot. You do realize that if your taxes are collected correctly you wouldn't get a "refund" back? Your basically giving them an interest free loan for an entire year. They want you to think paying more into taxes helps you, the only thing it does is give them more money for free. Phone Post 3.0

I suppose you must live in a world where your checks never vary. When they do it can be difficult to be certain that you pay enough early in the year to cover much larger checks later in the year if they come up. Phone Post

QuinTheEskimo -
baj54 -
QuinTheEskimo -
MrFluffyHippo -

I suppose you must live in a world where your checks never vary. When they do it can be difficult to be certain that you pay enough early in the year to cover much larger checks later in the year if they come up. Phone Post

Actually I'm salary so no they don't vary, but even when I wasn't I had a good idea what tax bracket I would end up in at the end of the year. So I always made sure my taxes were adjusted accordingly. Do your homework sit down and talk to an accountant. You'd be surprised what they can do for you. Phone Post 3.0

It's really not difficult even if your checks do vary. If you have been working in your occupation for more then a year you should have a general idea of how much you made and how much you can make. It all falls into a tax bracket, you adjust your taxes along the year according to what you have made so far. It's free to change the amount of taxes your company takes out. The problem is people don't want to deal with the hassle through out the year. I know I would rather not give the gubmint free money. If I end up owing $100 at the end of the year I still win. Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - It's really not difficult even if your checks do vary. If you have been working in your occupation for more then a year you should have a general idea of how much you made and how much you can make. It all falls into a tax bracket, you adjust your taxes along the year according to what you have made so far. It's free to change the amount of taxes your company takes out. The problem is people don't want to deal with the hassle through out the year. I know I would rather not give the gubmint free money. If I end up owing $100 at the end of the year I still win. Phone Post 3.0

Nope. My wages routinely vary 30% based entirely on work coming in. More than that once I get my annual wage at the end of the year. Stop pretending you know enough about every other career in the world to tell other people how to do their taxes. Phone Post

Wow! this is a new one. I have never heard this elitist bullshit of calling people getting refunds "idiots" Getting huge refunds is one thing. Putting in a little extra to be safe and getting a few hundred back at the end of the year is quite another. To most people it is certainly not worth any kind of hassle to crunch numbers and change your withholdings every check just to keep a few hundred dollars out of the governments hands for a few months. And lol at these people getting an accountant for just such purposes. the average person does not need an accountant, and since you would be giving an accountant a few hundred dollars that you're not even going to get back, that sounds a whole lot more idiotic than giving it to the gov't on loan.

QuinTheEskimo -
baj54 - It's really not difficult even if your checks do vary. If you have been working in your occupation for more then a year you should have a general idea of how much you made and how much you can make. It all falls into a tax bracket, you adjust your taxes along the year according to what you have made so far. It's free to change the amount of taxes your company takes out. The problem is people don't want to deal with the hassle through out the year. I know I would rather not give the gubmint free money. If I end up owing $100 at the end of the year I still win. Phone Post 3.0

Nope. My wages routinely vary 30% based entirely on work coming in. More than that once I get my annual wage at the end of the year. Stop pretending you know enough about every other career in the world to tell other people how to do their taxes. Phone Post

I know enough to consult an accountant who knows his shit. I suggest you do the same. That way we wouldn't be sitting here arguing over a tax "refund". Even if it does vary by 30% that wouldn't change your tax bracket too much unless your making 6 figures. Which I doubt you are because if you were you'd have an accountant to handle your taxes. Phone Post 3.0

Obumer and his gestapo will go after anyone it wants for any reason it wants to regardless of any law on the books.

Just today they had a lowly paid girl answering the phones for Obumercare fired because she just happened to be the one who answered a phone call from Hannity on his radio show.

And these vile political hacks are controlling our healthcare information now.

Getting huge refunds is one thing. Putting in a little extra to be safe and getting a few hundred back at the end of the year is quite another.

I am a big fan of inflammatory thread titles, I actually agree here - the greater idea from my side is that people who consider an annual tax refund as a cash windfall are likely Obama supporters, the same people are also likely to riot when that windfall is decreased due to insane Obama policy

Nuevo Haole -

Rush Limbaugh is claiming his accountant explained to him how its illegal for the fed gov to collect unpaid fines levied on people who get fined for not having Med Care....

The IRS's only legal collection method is deduction the debt from peoples annual tax refunds, they can not tap bank accounts or garnish wages for those fines...

only idiots and poor people get tax refunds - so only idiots and poor people can get fined

if this is all accurate - sounds like an epic fail 

I don't know if yur joking or not but lol.. wouldn't people who don't get a refund pay more in taxes and people who get a refund will receive a smaller refund...? Thus everyone gets taxed.. Phone Post 3.0

jgiese01 - 
Nuevo Haole -

Rush Limbaugh is claiming his accountant explained to him how its illegal for the fed gov to collect unpaid fines levied on people who get fined for not having Med Care....

The IRS's only legal collection method is deduction the debt from peoples annual tax refunds, they can not tap bank accounts or garnish wages for those fines...

only idiots and poor people get tax refunds - so only idiots and poor people can get fined

if this is all accurate - sounds like an epic fail 

I don't know if yur joking or not but lol.. wouldn't people who don't get a refund pay more in taxes and people who get a refund will receive a smaller refund...? Thus everyone gets taxed.. Phone Post 3.0

Oh jesus.....

baj54 - 
QuinTheEskimo -

I know enough to consult an accountant who knows his shit. I suggest you do the same. That way we wouldn't be sitting here arguing over a tax "refund". Even if it does vary by 30% that wouldn't change your tax bracket too much unless your making 6 figures. Which I doubt you are because if you were you'd have an accountant to handle your taxes. Phone Post 3.0

There are plenty of people out there who's yearly wages vary by $10,000's every year. And there are plenty of people/couples making in the 6 figures who don't need an accountant...in fact, probably millions. You are taking a very simple view here that probably isn't even a decent generalization, let alone the rule.

And why would these people need to pay an accountant a few hundred dollars? So that they don't overpay the gov't a few dollars that they will actually get back..i'm not following here.

Nuevo Haole - 

Getting huge refunds is one thing. Putting in a little extra to be safe and getting a few hundred back at the end of the year is quite another.

I am a big fan of inflammatory thread titles, I actually agree here - the greater idea from my side is that people who consider an annual tax refund as a cash windfall are likely Obama supporters, the same people are also likely to riot when that windfall is decreased due to insane Obama policy

I get what you are saying, and I agree. I am referring to certain people in here pushing a point, rather condescendingly, that people should be so tight with their withholdings that they are perfectly even with the gov't or owe a little at the end of the year just to avoid giving the gov't a a couple hundred dollar free loan.....Give me a break.

I'm 23. I'll make close to 45-50k this year and probably get a 2-3k refund. I normally consider this refund as something to look forward to. I can plan my larger purchases for the beginning of the year, and I'm not in any tax trouble with the govt. It seems to me like I'm one of the people being considered an idiot, but I always thought I was being fairly intelligent with my process. I'm sure the government is making a quick buck off of me, but it's better than getting audited right? Can someone tell me why my process is dumb? Phone Post 3.0

jarroyo - I'm 23. I'll make close to 45-50k this year and probably get a 2-3k refund. I normally consider this refund as something to look forward to. I can plan my larger purchases for the beginning of the year, and I'm not in any tax trouble with the govt. It seems to me like I'm one of the people being considered an idiot, but I always thought I was being fairly intelligent with my process. I'm sure the government is making a quick buck off of me, but it's better than getting audited right? Can someone tell me why my process is dumb? Phone Post 3.0

Nothing dumb about it.

Just a fact...If you get a refund, you are giving the government an interest free loan allowing the government to use your money for free..before they give it  back to you.

If you owe taxes, you are not giving them the interest free use of your money.

Is the amount of money you make so much that the interest holding on a refund is earth shattering? If you got a refund of $5k, youre seriously going to be pissed? Phone Post 3.0

jarroyo - I'm 23. I'll make close to 45-50k this year and probably get a 2-3k refund. I normally consider this refund as something to look forward to. I can plan my larger purchases for the beginning of the year, and I'm not in any tax trouble with the govt. It seems to me like I'm one of the people being considered an idiot, but I always thought I was being fairly intelligent with my process. I'm sure the government is making a quick buck off of me, but it's better than getting audited right? Can someone tell me why my process is dumb? Phone Post 3.0

I loved that shit at your age - its like an extra xmas

I don't know if yur joking or not but lol.. wouldn't people who don't get a refund pay more in taxes and people who get a refund will receive a smaller refund...? Thus everyone gets taxed..

No, because middle income & above have insurance so they are not fined - the fine is being deducted from the return of the largely urban poor & middle Amurican working poor, the wealthier someone is the more likely it is they both a) have insurance & dont get fined or b) dont get spring xmas gubmint chex if they do

.Rim Shops nationwide will go red for full fiscsal years if they done get their big early spring push 

So where do you factor in write offs. Are they for idiots? A big part of my refund is stuff that I get to write off, I keep receipts and I get money back. Am I an idiot for doing this? Phone Post 3.0

Aren't people that make under 14k exempt? Phone Post