Odie votes in gi/no-gi debate

Your trolling is reaching a ridiculous level. No one can be this clueless about BJJ.

"Your trolling is reaching a ridiculous level"

claps hands

Did you figure this one out all by yourself?

"Obviously, If you want to compete in a NoGi tournament or for Mma, you will have to train specificaly NoGi. I think everybody agree with it."

I think most would agree you have to train some no-gi, but not all no-gi.

Why did the gracie barra guys win the Pan Ams NO-GI division? They are all GI players. The Alliance no-gi guys came in 2nd.

People are not listening. A huge marjority of the experts are telling you to train GI for your no-gi game, and no one wants to listen.

I cant believe there is even a debate. The no-gi only guys are completely closeminded.

Tons of no-gi champs advise to train in the gi, but all these no-gi guys (who dont do better than the gi guys) think differently. Major ego issues or something.

Do you listen to your no-gi instructors advice? So why wouldnt you listen to the advice of someone who is way better than your instructor in no-gi like Marcelo Garcia, Roger Gracie, Odie Neto, Carlos Gracie Jr, Saulo, Royler, et all???

The gi guys train a little bit of no-gi typically, but realize gi is the core.

LOL @ shen. This might be his biggest catch ever...

Trolling is soooo 1996, you must be proud, Zzzzzzzzzzz.

sdbjj

But what is true too is that if you wanna have a good NoGi level, you have to train specifically. Nowdays there is a big step and adaptation the first time you get rid of the Gi and start training without it.

I have seen lot of black belts showing a poor NoGi level. Nowdays is 'normal' watching black belts lost fights with grapplers that doesnt train with Gi. NoGi makes levels more equal.

Anyway, you are right. In practise, all the best grapplers in the world still come from Gi world.

Shen for President!

"Why did the gracie barra guys win the Pan Ams NO-GI division? They are all GI players. The Alliance no-gi guys came in 2nd."

Actually, I think this argument is too much of a simplification. The problem is that Gracie Barra was stacked in almost every division and weight. Some divisions had 3-4 Barra competitors (from different Barra schools), while the other schools had 1. It is simply a numbers game and a war of attrition to the team medal and podium placing. When you see the "byes" list, it makes it even easier for some of the guys to have placed (note: easier because of less opponents but not without difficulty either).

The second problem with this argument is that everyone in this tournment (No Gi Pan Ams) had to enter into the gi division to compete in the no gi. That would make it less than likely that mainly no gi players would enter.

Both are technical.

"The second problem with this argument is that everyone in this tournment (No Gi Pan Ams) had to enter into the gi division to compete in the no gi."

Are you saying you could enter gi, and not have to fight no-gi?

But you couldnt enter no-gi without fighting gi?

they both have it's advantages and disadvantages.

but I prefer the Gi.

once again, shen makes my day !

I think that one of the best points that Eddie Bravo makes when rebutting the idea of training in the gi to help your no-gi came is the comparison of no-gi grappling in the 90s/00s to the evolution of karate and kickboxing, where in the early stages of kickboxing it was dominated by karate guys.

That said, it is difficult to argue with anything shen says.

Shen didnt say anything of value, other than trolling, which makes this tag-tea, trolling.

FYI - shen trains with Master Simco.  I'm pretty sure he knows his stuff. 

ttt