Oezdemir on controversial loss to Dominick Reyes

Reyes looked very beatable tonight. Over hyped

CreamedByPaige -

Reyes looked very beatable tonight. Over hyped

Its Unbelievable how fickle MMA fans are. Straight up retards. I'm actually really happy that Reyes won this way, because it forces Ryes back to the drawing board where Reyes can continue to develope and mature. Hes still just a kid with barely more then 10 fights in his career. He doenst need to be rushed. He has all the time in the world. Nothing has changed for me. Reyes is still absolutely the 1 to murder Jones. Its like people forgot that Jones himself looked like dogshit in his UFC debut against Gusmao. People seen to forget that Jones lost a round to Stephen freaking Bonnar. Reyes had a far more impressive UFC debut then Jones.  And Reyes has been gaining experience against far superior opponents then a prospect Jones was facing when going up the ladder. This was the best Volkan has ever looked. He was super motivated and came to fight. Reyes still held him off. Picked up the experince and picked up the win. I like it better this way with Reyes staying in the shadows quietly improving. Less hype. Less pressure. Then when it's time he will arrive like a lightning bolt. Heck, a green Reyes beat OSP far more impressively then veteran Jones did. Prospect Reyes>>>>prospect Jones. Just wait until Reyes grows into his own and matures. I hope people stay sleeping on Reyes because then it's going to be easy money when Reyes finally gets the shot against Jones. Its gonna be murder she wrote on Jones once Reyes developes. I hope to see Reyes vs Anderson next. Some more good experience for Reyes. 

I saw it for Reyes. Yes, Oezdemir pressed abd had more headstrikes. Reyes landed more over all shots. What was key to me was that in the last round it was Reyes that was pressing and lighting up Oezdemir. Reyes closed the show.

I was confused as fuck until they announced the Leon and Gunnie fight as a split, just genuine dumbass judges. 

Reyes is nowhere near ready for juice bones. I stand by what I said. It's not his fault he was over hyped and he did look beatable

It was an obviously bad decision, but not as ridiculous as Nelson getting a judge’s nod.

First time I've seen Reyes fight. He'd been hyped up on the UG so I was looking forward to it. Not a great performance by him. Hopefully his next one will be much better. 

The commentary was insanely biased. Reyes was still landing the better shots. One thing that really did impress me was how quick Reyes would pop back up from the ground. Hes very much like Liddell in that regard. Hes like a cat whos back never touches the ground. That is going to serve him incredibly well agaisnt Jones. I was convinced even more after that fight. It further confirms Reyes is the one to beat Jones. He can kick with him. Can actually box. Movement. Has more power then Gus. Can clinch fight. And he is incredibly hard to hold down, and will never concede position on the ground like Jones's other opponents. It's like Reyes was created spefically to expose Jones. All Reyes needs is the experience and maturing process 

That’s fine, this means my dude johnny boy is now clearly ahead of Reyes for next title shot =)

ConorWinsTheRematch -

The commentary was insanely biased. Reyes was still landing the better shots. One thing that really did impress me was how quick Reyes would pop back up from the ground. Hes very much like Liddell in that regard. Hes like a cat whos back never touches the ground. That is going to serve him incredibly well agaisnt Jones. I was convinced even more after that fight. It further confirms Reyes is the one to beat Jones. He can kick with him. Can actually box. Movement. Has more power then Gus. Can clinch fight. And he is incredibly hard to hold down, and will never concede position on the ground like Jones's other opponents. It's like Reyes was created spefically to expose Jones. All Reyes needs is the experience and maturing process 

You get it.

I agree that Reyes looked beatable and it wasn't his best showing, however, it is also a big confidence boost to get that win over a very game Oezdemir. 

yeah i agree but was a weird fight after watching it back