Off duty cop shoots gunman at Costco (vid)

Damn son!

Haha people still pushing their carts and some just casually walking

Badass, totally took him out!

jcblass - 

Did you watch a different video than me? I never saw any shooting.

Moke - 
jcblass - 

Did you watch a different video than me? I never saw any shooting.

Associated Press

LENEXA, Kan. -- An off-duty police officer shot and killed a man who brandished a gun inside a Costco Wholesale store in a Kansas City suburb.

The Kansas City Star reports the shooting was reported around 11 a.m. Sunday at the store in Lenexa, Kansas, near Interstate 35 and 95th Street.

Lenexa Police Capt. Wade Borchers said the off-duty officer just happened to be in the store shopping when the incident happened. Investigators are still trying to determine what the armed man did before the shooting.

Borchers says he's thankful the officer was there although he didn't say which agency the officer works for.

Nikki Lotia of Olathe was shopping in the store during the shooting, and she hid back in the pharmacy. Lotia says the just kept praying during the shooting

Beninger - 

Haha people still pushing their carts and some just casually walking

can't beat Costco prices!

Impossible. Good guys with guns never stop mass shootings.

Awesome. 

Must be a small town, you never see Costco that empty around here

My cousins hubby shot a guy with a knife at the Modesto,ca Costco when he was off duty. Fucked with his noggin though wasn't really into policing after that switched careers. Fucked up situation to put people in. 

4ltr...

mestregruber - Impossible. Good guys with guns never stop mass shootings.

Nothing wrong with running and hiding but would hate for that to be my only option like everyone else in that video.

Good job closing the distance without being seen and using cover.

I’ve never been inside of a Costco, but that video makes it look like a fucking rummage sale ?

Cop had balls and put it on the line. He had every opportunity to not engage the gun man but understood his obligation to save potential victims.

I liked the way he stalked the dude through the store. It's too bad the video of the actual shooting was not shown.

Cop deserves recognition and it's a shame footage like this does not get national attention.

Yossarian - 

I’ve never been inside of a Costco, but that video makes it look like a fucking rummage sale ?

Costco is awesome, very clean and great employees.

What the fuck was that video?  A waste of time!

Apparently Costco locations only make use of 2 security cameras.

Video sucks