Official 2022 Nascar season thread

I was glad to see Bubba Wallace’s entire team get taken out with him. That was nice.

3 Likes

Hey now! Leave Kurt out of this.

2 Likes

if byron didnt early brake the corner he wouldnt have been hit! thats racing, and im not a logano fan.

rocket1 leading spoon river with 10 to go.

I get it if they were bumper to bumper for a few laps and he tapped him to get him loose and up the track a bit but he just fucking drilled him, put him in the wall, two flats… uncalled for imo. That wasn’t racing, that was straight up taking the dude out. If theres a grey area, he wasn’t in it. That was bullshit.

3 Likes

he was on the brakes and was very slow in the corner.

Logano was turning lap times almost two seconds faster and had a great run coming out of the corner. He didn’t need to do that but did anyway, and it speaks volumes about his character.

2 Likes

Logano was fast enough to pass clean, but he made the decision to drill Byron. Joey was out of line and I am surprised NASCAR isn’t penalizing him. Byron has every right to be pissed.

2 Likes

No, no, he didn’t slam you, he didn’t bump you, he didn’t nudge you… he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin’.

1 Like

Last night at Lincoln Speedway, Freddie Rahmer had a sponsorship on his car. Dr OZ !!! No. Stay away from our sport

1 Like

All we need now is Oprah to sponsor a car.
Probably Bubba Wallace’s car.

1 Like

I’m working ASCOC tomorrow night I-96 raceway near Grand Rapids. Anyone close to there?

1 Like

A bit too far from Chicago, especially because I need to be back on Saturday for a steak cook out with friends. Any other races in the future somewhat near Chicago? Beers are on me.

They used to go to Chicago the next night but not this year. Going back to Ohio for Saturday and Sunday

Please keep it in mind. Where do they run in the Chicago area?

Dirt Oval ROute 66 in Juliet

Wow, I did not know that existed. The last dirt track in Chicago that I knew of was Santa Fe Speedway and that closed 25 years ago. Very cool, I will look into it!

They aren’t there this year. Not sure about next

WOO Late Models are there June 4th

2 Likes

I just sent out an email to my friends, planning on being there that night!!!