Official 2022 Nascar season thread

Just Busch Light now that i can think of.

1 Like

Weird…surprised theres not Bud Light Seltzer cars and shit

They were going crazy for a barely sub-16 second pit stop.
Think they are around 12 now.
This doesnt feel like it was 28 years ago but feels a lifetime ago at the same time. Still remember watching this with my dad.

1 Like

I remember the 1st Brickyard being a huge deal

1 Like

Truly was. Can’t think of a track off hand with the history and prestige of Indy that has come onto the schedule.

1 Like

Its impossible

1 Like

Didn’t Roger Penske pull the plug on the 400 when he bought IMS?

He didn’t want it upstaging the 500

Fox Sports 1 is showing the greatest NASCAR races. Right now they are showing the first Brickyard 400. Jeff Gordon is 23 years old.

2 Likes

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

1 Like

None of you cunts let me know!!!

2 Likes

I barely remember Irvin driving the 28

Didnt he make his name in the 4

1 Like

I believe you are correct.
Cannot recall if Irvin was still at Yates when he got hurt or if that was later.

1 Like

Kodak car?

The Bodine stuff was awesome.
And they had the wife of one of them right after the wreck.
That does not happen today

1 Like

Yup. Morgan Mclure

Damn. Im excited watching this race as i am one that runs today.
If Brett doesn’t take Geoff out and if Irvin doesn’t cut a tire, there is a different name in that trophy.

It is interesting to see Dale Sr running in 5th and not being mentioned much

1 Like

Towards the beginning of my career, I worked for a company that supplied parts to NASCAR teams. We gave the parts to the teams for free in exchange for having our sticker on the cars. 100% of the teams used our parts. I believe Jeff Gordon’s team was the first to tell us that we needed to pay to get our sticker on their car. We said no and stopped giving them parts for free. The rest of the teams followed the lead of Jeff’s team. We stopped giving away parts for free. They took our stickers off their cars. And our sales in North Carolina went through the roof. They all had to buy our parts from that point on.

1 Like

Next week is the 86 Richmond spring race.
I need to remember that is on.