Official Clarissa Shields hypetrain thread! All aboard!

I just watched it. Idk if she even really gassed. Shields was just too strong for her to do anything, and she didn’t like the power she was getting hit with.

Good heart from Clarissa. She’s got a lot to develop on the ground but she can strike like a mfer.

She looked like T-Woodley throwing that overhand.

1 Like

Are you saying she didn’t throw any punches all fight?

4 Likes

What talent pool is Shields going to compete in?

That is the funny thing about Nunes, Cyborg, Harrison and Shields. Everyone would like to see it but none of them will fight each other before they all retire. Nunes is a BW and FW (which UFC only keeps for her), Cyborg went to Bellator, Harrison and Shields are in PFL for now and have already said they won’t fight each other.

Who cares how good Shields gets at MMA, who is there for her to fight? Nobody.

2 Likes

If Shields gets good enough she will eventually move to the UFC or Bellator. So will Kayla. But Shields is a long way from that. PFL is perfect for her for how. She is a novice white belt and needs a lot more mat time.

1 Like

She’s fun to watch. Lots to learn. But after the post fight, how can you not be a fan?

3 Likes

That was the equivalent of a prime Mike Tyson making his long awaited debut and struggling against someone like Jack May for example.

2 Likes

Of course, but there is little talent at FW or LW to make her MMA career interesting.

People only got interested in Cyborg’s career again because she had the fights vs Holm and Nunes, BWs.

Shields and Harrison are serious athletes with serious skills, its just WFW and WLW are not serious divisions and there is no talent pool to really compete in.

Her punches looked good as fuck though. You could tell when she threw that this was a different animal entirely.

They were crisp, fast, and even though she only landed a few standing they visibly affected her opponent when they landed.

She seemed at home throwing bombs with ground and pound as well since it was using her hands.

If she can keep it on the feet she is going to be piecing people up.

1 Like

Agree completely.

I wonder if she is a detective like her brother.

6 Likes

I’m glad I stayed up to watch. I would say that Claressa overcame some serious adversity and was gritty as hell for a finish. They didn’t give her a slow pitch softball for a first fight. Claressa had her hands full.

I was entirely impressed. She didn’t accept bottom position, and I thought she did extremely well applying the ground game information she received at camp.

You watch. She is going to improve very fast. That win dumped rocket fuel on a fire for her. You can see it in her eyes. She will not be denied. That was a gritty win. Buckle up ladies. There is a new queen coming.

Amanda has kicked around retiring a little bit. With 24 months of training and a few test and tune fights,Claressa could add Amanda’s belt to her collection. We shall see.

4 Likes

Yes I liked the fact she listened to her corner. She has really good fight IQ. She made some mistakes like not standing up in the second round but that’s just lack of experience. She talked about bridging from the bottom. Using her hips as leverage when she was going for the finish etc. She’s eager to learn and she chose the right camp.

A star is born. What a likeable character that post fight interview was amazing.

1 Like

download.jpeg
giphy

4 Likes

If you knew more about her, you wouldn’t say she was a likeable character

2 Likes

She’s only 5’8"

She could drop 10 lbs

1 Like

How so? Not trolling, I legit dont know anything about her past other than a lot of bitching and complaining about not getting enough money and respect.

So talk

Shields has a lot of work to do, and really struggled and was losing the fight badly to Elkin. Not hating, but Elkin is 3-7, with no victories over an opponent w/ a winning record, no submission wins ever, and hasn’t won a fight for half a decade.

Someday she will likely be competitive but she would benefit from an amateur career or stick to boxing.

1 Like

No I wasn’t, but now that you mention it…yes.

Spot on. She was hesitant to throw a la Woodley but she’s also built just like his female twin.