Official Detroit Lions 2014 Thread

Anything better than 8-8 and it is a huge win, the last half of the schedule is brutal. While I think Caldwell will fix more things than he makes worse, it usually takes a team a full season to work out the kinks when there is a complete regime change. Also, the OC and DC are both rookie coordinators. 

I give a 3% chance Suh is back next year and I think that is optimistic. 

Two shitty weather divisional road games against the best 2 teams to close out a season is no easy path to the playoffs. 

They have to win their first two division games and go at least 6-2 to have a realistic shot of making the playoffs. 4 division games in the last 5 weeks is brutal.

Street King Immortal - 
DaveFu - They have to win their first two division games and go at least 6-2 to have a realistic shot of making the playoffs. 4 division games in the last 5 weeks is brutal.
Green Bay will win the division no matter what. Even last year when Aaron was injured Detroit still couldn't win it. Phone Post 3.0

It has been GB's division to lose for a very long time. Schwartz was schwartz and he took the Lions as far as he could. They hired Caldwell because he's the anti schwartz. The Lions will be much more consistent this year. I just am skeptical that will be enough.

GMEN going to make you huuuuuumble old country way tonight!

tjmitch - GMEN going to make you huuuuuumble old country way tonight!

We're a tough out at home. That being said, our iffy secondary could make Eli look like Peyton. I've heard nothing but good things about your Oline, good for us.

Street King Immortal - 
Street King Immortal -

Tonight is gonna be awesome! 

Here's a pic of my seats from the preseason game i went to, where i saw Manziel take his first ever pro snap!

Lmfao not sure why the pic is upside down when I look at it from the app but oh well Phone Post 3.0

You sunuva gun!!  I was there too, broseph!!  Section 139!!  Good luck tonight with the parking, as the Tigers have a home game too.

Lions are going to win the division this year. Mark it down. Phone Post

Allow me to contribute, Mr Fu:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152645029003605

Darup - 

Lions are going to win the division this year. Mark it down. Phone Post

Sure, if the Lions win their last 5 games and go 5-3 or better through 8. Our schedule is a fucking nightmare in the second half. We close out the season at Chicago and Greenbay and play Min and Chi before that. We could have the Lions all time all stars and winning in both Chi and GB in the dead of winter back to back would be a long shot. 

Matt Stafford is my fantasy QB.

Chaelismyhero - Matt Stafford is my fantasy QB.

You'll be pretty happy with him. Even when he plays shitty he puts up big numbers. The Lions run game and Oline are actually good and that helps too.

DaveFu - 
Chaelismyhero - Matt Stafford is my fantasy QB.

You'll be pretty happy with him. Even when he plays shitty he puts up big numbers. The Lions run game and Oline are actually good and that helps too.

Yeah I'm glad I got him. I got Calvin Johnson to. The Giants D is garbage so they should put up some big numbers. The Lions throw the ball a lot.

I hope Stafford can stay healthy though.

In for another season of abuse.

Stafford has some injury issues early on, but he's held up the last couple of seasons. Shaun Hill (Lions ex backup) last started in 2010. Orlovsky is a huge drop off from Hill and the Lions are fucked if he has to play.

DaveFu - Stafford has some injury issues early on, but he's held up the last couple of seasons. Shaun Hill (Lions ex backup) last started in 2010. Orlovsky is a huge drop off from Hill and the Lions are fucked if he has to play.
KellenMania is still running wild through my Honolulu Blue and silver veins, brother!! Phone Post 3.0

BodyByCoors - 
DaveFu - Stafford has some injury issues early on, but he's held up the last couple of seasons. Shaun Hill (Lions ex backup) last started in 2010. Orlovsky is a huge drop off from Hill and the Lions are fucked if he has to play.
KellenMania is still running wild through my Honolulu Blue and silver veins, brother!! Phone Post 3.0

Orlovsky is Caldwell's guy. Caldwell gives zero fucks.

I want pics dammit!

16-0. I am calling it right now

Mark Phone Post 3.0

DaveFu -
BodyByCoors - 

Orlovsky is Caldwell's guy. Caldwell gives zero fucks.
Kellen played a lot better than Orlovsky during preseason. Not only that, but what Lions fan doesn't equate Orlovsky with 2008's unforgettable 0-16 season, not to mention when the Colts "Sucked For Luck??". I agree that Caldwell gives no fucks. Tbh, I think if Kellen was let go, he would've been in St. Louis yesterday, picking up after Sean Hill. Phone Post 3.0