Official NHL 2021 season thread

a couple games and marleau is the top… I guess he retires now?

Thornton is about a season behind. Does jumbo have a crack at another year to pass Marleau?

Yeah,I think he retires & Joe doesnt catch him.Im just glad that we got rid of Dubnyk.

1 Like

Pittsburgh was just leading 6-0 going into the third period with new jersey. They ended up winning 7-6 with new jersey scoring 6 goals in the third period. Looked they were going to tie but I assume that would have been one of the all time greatest come backs.

2 Likes

Per TSN’s Darren Dreger, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is expected to miss the remainder of the 2020-21 season, however his health has been improving and as of now it looks like he will be back for the 2021-22 campaign.

Toews, 32, has been out the entire season with a medical condition, though what that condition is has never confirmed. This long and grueling process has had to have been frustrating for him, as he said in a statement back in December he was still trying to learn what was wrong as well.

«I’ve been experiencing symptoms that have left me feeling drained and lethargic,» Toews said. «I am working with doctors so I can better understand my condition.»

Shit man, hope all is well with toewd and his family. Love him or hate him hes a helluva player

1 Like

It would be so cool to see Toews make a comeback. It’s tough to say though not knowing the condition he has. First ballot HOF and one of the greatest true leaders to play the game, even if he never plays again.

1 Like

TTT to get to the last post! Anyone still following after the forum change?

Vatanen was a great addition to the Stars! Former Duck he has the potential for sure

I’m still here! Any speculation as to what toews is dealing with?

1 Like

I’m here but pouting because of the Flyers season…

Been rooting against them so Fletcher et al realize this is not a team that needs “just some tweaking.”

1 Like

Two weeks till playoffs!!! (I think)

Been watching lots of Carolina games, I think they will win this year. I’m just praying that we can see Florida vs Carolina in the first round because that series would be ELECTRIC. Colorado vs Minny could also be a ton of fun. And if you hate hitting, the Edmonton vs Toronto matchup will be right up your alley!!

1 Like

I heard the Hawks say Toews was experiencing dizziness and “not feeling right” idk what that means. He is a damn good player, I hope more info comes out. Kind of scary when healthy athletes get diagnosed with rare diseases or symptoms

1 Like

These playoffs are going to be amazing.

What’s crazy is this might be the first time in history we see a East vs East or West vs West Stanley Cup Final.

When each division comes to the final 4. They will seed the last 4 remaining teams.

You haven’t watched Toronto much this year. They’re not the Broad Street Bullies by any stretch but if that series happens it will be more physical than you expect.

And looks like the playoffs will start the third week of May, so 23rd or so as they still have games to make up with so many Covid-related cancellations.

Sure. Against the other Canadian teams. Outside of Winnipeg, none of them have ANY toughness. Montreal a bit with their defence but not so much up front. Toronto definitely have more grit this year, but im not convinced it holds up vs the bigger teams in the USA.
Regardless, the playoffs are going to be electric. It’s a shame there won’t be any fans In the Canadian series’

Tom Wilson once again about to get a serious slap from the league. What a piece of shit.