Official NHL thread

![](upload://kDE4Cj2Y381JxkbIGd0LD0buHkt.jpeg)

The Top 4 teams from each division will make the playoffs.

Divisions will be realigned because of the Canadian “quarantine protocols”.. all of the Canadian teams will play each other in their “own division”.

Canada will have a representative in the final four for the first time since 2018 (Winnipeg). No guarantee, of course, of the first Canadian Cup winner since ’93 (Montreal), or the first Leafs title since ’67.

Seems like a sure bet this 56-game sprint to the postseason will be rife with regional hatred and familiarity-bred contempt, both factors freely enjoyed around these parts. In the Canadian sector, the Battle of Alberta could happen up to 17 times: nine or 10 tilts during the year, and in a playoff series, as many as seven games. Let’s hope it’s safe to have fans in attendance for at least a couple of them.

In the coming days, the NHL and NHLPA will release game schedules, with teams playing at home rinks as Covid-19 conditions allow. At least two teams, Dallas and Florida, are expected to welcome a small number of fans to their home openers. TD Garden is still off-limits to the general public. Meanwhile, San Jose will hold camp in Scottsdale, Ariz., because of the coronavirus situation in Northern California.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/12/20/sports/when-nhl-resumes-it-will-have-new-divisions-old-rivalries/?outputType=amp

5 Likes

![](upload://fIcXRWbhQTtBOLZ98IhE77Rrzy9.jpeg)

3t

![](upload://4AifOuu8mdGZK0Y2At7zmpmsrv1.gif)

2 Likes

I live in the U.S. We don't care.

2 Likes

and Chara's gonna be a Washington Capital 

... couldn't find the nhl thread

1 Like
GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT - 

I live in the U.S. We don't care.

Feel free to fuck off!

I am pumped for the return of hockey and especially looking forward to the all Canadian division.

3 Likes

Holy shit this is gonna get good. Might be a return to rock’m & sock’m hockey.

Go Leafs go! No better chance then the one you blew last year. lol

How may player rona deaths are expected monthly?

Hockey is not a masked, distanced activity.

Paperboy2000 - How may player rona deaths are expected monthly?

probably similar to the NFL 

Wayne Glamcock -

and Chara's gonna be a Washington Capital 

... couldn't find the nhl thread

And they play the Bruins 8 times i think. That should be fun. 

1 Like

ugh figures …

Yay nhl! 

sucks no more chara. For what hes making in washington youd think the bruins wouldve told him theyre going with the younger guys sooner. 

I can’t wait for the start of hockey!!!!

1 Like

![](upload://ltuDD7txx5J9fVDS7MUTs0zRqFA.jpeg)

players have started training camp

1 Like

The kings have what is regarded as the best group of prospects in the nhl. They had some solid contributions from younger guys and found their identity right before covid crapped on last season so they didn’t have a chance to see if they really turned it around or not. But I’m actually looking forward to this season just to see what we can get from some of the young guys that might come up even if it’s fit short time to avoid losing a year of control. 

Paperboy2000 - How may player rona deaths are expected monthly?

Neither is football and obesity is not an issue in hockey like nfl lineman. 

VinegarStrokes -

The kings have what is regarded as the best group of prospects in the nhl. They had some solid contributions from younger guys and found their identity right before covid crapped on last season so they didn’t have a chance to see if they really turned it around or not. But I’m actually looking forward to this season just to see what we can get from some of the young guys that might come up even if it’s fit short time to avoid losing a year of control. 

The kings will be bad for a while 

they won 2 cups though so whatever

Let's Go Blues!

1 Like

![](upload://rHpGGyPE72y3eIztU0rQKyri523.gif)