Official NHL thread

ShortElbowInTheClinch -

Let's Go Blues!

Seconded

slicedcity -
VinegarStrokes -

The kings have what is regarded as the best group of prospects in the nhl. They had some solid contributions from younger guys and found their identity right before covid crapped on last season so they didn’t have a chance to see if they really turned it around or not. But I’m actually looking forward to this season just to see what we can get from some of the young guys that might come up even if it’s fit short time to avoid losing a year of control. 

The kings will be bad for a while 

they won 2 cups though so whatever

Yeah they are over paying for their titles now Carter, Brown, Quick, and Kopitar are all over paid for current level of production. But they could still be entertaining with the young guys developing. The one issue going forward is the one spot where they don’t have a highly regarded prospect is goalie. And Quick isn’t what he was in 2012-2014. 

![](upload://sB0jUmL0JIVh5XtfLkk4nd8bHbf.jpeg)

wow this was a surprise… Also, Zdeno Chara the 6’9 Bruins captain defenseman was signed by the Washington Capitals!

1 Like

If you guys haven’t seen the thread about Workd Juniors 2021, here is a link to the game... it’s second intermission right now..

https://youtu.be/QAkfeLbODMs

if USA defeats Finland they play Canada for Gold tomorrow.  The loser plays Russia for Bronze tomorrow 

Awful goal.

USA gonna lose

ChaosOverkill -

Awful goal.

USA gonna lose

:confused:

USA pulled it out.

Canada v USA Showdown!

I've had caps season tickets with my dad for 16 years.  Two weeks ago he caught covid.  On the 29th he passed away.  On the 30th the caps signed his all time favorite non cap player Zdeno Chara.  I'm so excited but heartbroken he wont get to see it.  Why couldn't they have signed the contract one day fucking sooner.

southweststalker -

I've had caps season tickets with my dad for 16 years.  Two weeks ago he caught covid.  On the 29th he passed away.  On the 30th the caps signed his all time favorite non cap player Zdeno Chara.  I'm so excited but heartbroken he wont get to see it.  Why couldn't they have signed the contract one day fucking sooner.

Damn, sorry for you loss man. Chara goin to the Caps is your dad saying he's still watching and cheering them on.

1 Like
VinegarStrokes -

The kings have what is regarded as the best group of prospects in the nhl. They had some solid contributions from younger guys and found their identity right before covid crapped on last season so they didn’t have a chance to see if they really turned it around or not. But I’m actually looking forward to this season just to see what we can get from some of the young guys that might come up even if it’s fit short time to avoid losing a year of control. 

Kaliyev and Turcotte were money tonight.

Their future looks very bright. Madden, Fagemo, Bjornfoot, Kupari, Faber ... Oh yeah, and that Byfield guy. Personally I was hoping they picked Stutzle but Quinton could be a force in a few years.

ChaosOverkill -

Awful goal.

USA gonna lose

It was an EPIC GAME!

https://youtu.be/rou-XUJRJWA

Wayne Glamcock -

and Chara's gonna be a Washington Capital 

... couldn't find the nhl thread

Crazy he’s only getting $795,000. 

![](upload://zeRqrw8O7kI9Q3zvG97vAvZsNbg.jpeg)

AHL and ECHL set to return to play in February.

USA 

1 Like
Jason Watts -

USA 

They beat the cannucks at their own game in the gold medal game. Their goals came when they got the puck in the offensive zone and kept it there wearing down the D. 

1 Like
kevsh -
VinegarStrokes -

Their future looks very bright. Madden, Fagemo, Bjornfoot, Kupari, Faber ... Oh yeah, and that Byfield guy. Personally I was hoping they picked Stutzle but Quinton could be a force in a few years.

A lot of the kings prospects looked really good in the tournament. 5 guys in the gold medal game alone and 10 in the tournament and some big time play from a bunch of them. 

VinegarStrokes -
kevsh -
VinegarStrokes -

A lot of the kings prospects looked really good in the tournament. 5 guys in the gold medal game alone and 10 in the tournament and some big time play from a bunch of them. 

Same with the Ducks, 5 in the finals, 10 in the tournament.  The freeway faceoff rivalry will be great again in a couple seasons! 

![](upload://kDE4Cj2Y381JxkbIGd0LD0buHkt.jpeg)

New NHL divisions for this season

The west is super top heavy with St Louis and Vegas and CO. Then a bunch of teams with big time questions. That 4th spot could go to any of them. 

2 Likes

Millbury off nbc broadcast team