Official: Noons vs. Diaz off 10/4 CBS card

http://mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20080822/exclusive__kj_noons_vs__nick_diaz_off_10_4_cbs_card-417.html

The gist:

- The fight is off

- Noons will not be stripped...yet

- ProElite never had a chance to speak to Noons

- Diaz will fight on 11/8 instead

Damn, I was hoping that Diaz would be on the card even if the Noons fight didn't come together.

yeah I was hoping they put Diaz on CBS anyway

always an exciting fight

They might be not stripping him for a similar reason that the UFC doesn't strip randy; so they can extend his contract and force him to sit out until he plays ball.

yup, they won't take his belt because that breeches a contract. Breeching the EliteXC contract will allow him to freely go to another organazation like WEC and get a new belt.

(just kidding Varner, you're the man)

don't be skurred homie!

ray jackson is an idiot. people should know never to listen to him...one sec...let me get my RAY JACKSON ina NUTSHELL comment...

"Ray Jackson is the typical black kid growing up in the suburbs. he has no black friends because they all made beat him up for being "different" growing up. so he kicks it with all the white kids and has to resort to being the heel or butt of all their jokes. since sticks and stones may break his bones, but words will never hurt him. until one day in 2005, he found inner peace and sanctity here at MMA.TV, where he can be as Black or as White as he wants without fear of getting beat up. but its not always paradise for he still gets made fun of."

HITMAN FIGHTGEAR - that you think diaz is the number 1 contender for beating the wildman says alot about you bro.

and i am friends all of them probably thomas the most but if you asked him if he was in line for a title shot and lost it to diaz he would tell you no also.this is about rateings, money, and promotion not rankings and earning your shot. dont piss on my face and tell me its raining

dan diaz

hitman fight gear

Eddie Alvarez is busy getting married, and only fought once in ShoXC anyway. Who is the #1 contender in elite xc if not Nick Diaz? He won his last 3 by KO/TKO, and has won 8 of his last 9, with his only loss being by cut stoppage. One of those 8 wins was over the #1 lightweight in the world.

Looks like KJ's going to have a lot of downtime. Is there any bridge Dion won't burn?

now they can pick another can for nick to have difficulty beating

Weird, EXC couldnt get ahold of KJ? I talked to him twice yesterday and just now. Hmmm, maybe they should try a little harder LOL!

Hitman Dan is one of the nicest and most generous guys in our sport... Not to mention someone who will bend over backwards to help me out if I needed. Pretty sure you got the wrong idea of him Ray Jackson!

Nick Diaz is the number one contender.

Shut the hell up.

Camel, I hope you told KJ to fire Dion.

What exactly did Noons do to deserve his shot at the title?

Certainly less than Diaz has done lately.

Max

CamelTowe - Weird, EXC couldnt get ahold of KJ? I talked to him twice yesterday and just now. Hmmm, maybe they should try a little harder LOL!

From the article:  "Interestingly enough, Shaw informed us that throughout this whole process no one from ProElite was able to speak to Noons directly as his management team refused any direct contact between the two sides."

Diaz should've called.

Eddie Alvarez is No. 1 contender out there but busy getting married, and he is going on a honeymoon.
KJ beat Nick once, should be a easy payday for him right?

Even if Eddie Alvarez wasn't getting married, do you really want your champion to be a guy who has what he considers to be higher priority commitments with two other organizations? If your champ is only fighting once out of every three or four times for you, that could cripple your ability to put on compelling cards frequently, especially for an organization that puts on as many events as pro elite does.Objecting to Nick Diaz as an opponent is silly, especially if you're willing to settle for krazy horse.

Slapsymaxi - What exactly did Noons do to deserve his shot at the title?

Certainly less than Diaz has done lately.

Max

Yves Edwards is a solid opponent (IMO much more dangerous than Diaz). KJ had no problem fighting him after he completely tooled Nick. Also, before people start talking about the "cut stoppage" that knocked Nick on his Ass, they really need to watch that fight. Diaz does not deserve A rematch (the fight was completely one sided and there are a lot of good fighters in that weight range that should get a chance). No disrespect intended Max.