Official pellet smoker thread

So I’ve always wanted a smoker and with just having my baby boy I decided on a pellet smoker, I can control it through WiFi and check temps and all that and still pay attention to him. I just don’t have to time to be beside the smoker for hours on end and so far I’m loving it! This is what I have https://greenmountaingrills.com/ I have the Daniel Boone. 

I’ve made a chuck roast, a couple pizzas, and working on some port tenderloin now. I just got it Friday, I figure we can use this thread to share tips and recipes similar to the grilling thread I’ve seen. 

If if I can answer any questions let me know. 

On the pizzas earlier they turned out really good! I cooked at 450 for about 12-13 minutes right on the rack and used Stonefire naan bread for crust. Precooked the sausage and bacon and used Larosa’s sauce and the Texas blend pellets  which are black oak, hickory and a little mesquite. 

Just found an abandoned treager needed a new control board and it was good to go.Have only cooked burgers and couple pork chops so far.

I've had my green mountain grill for 3 yrs now. It is fantastic

IN!

Have been looking into Wood Pellet grills for a while now.

One guy I work with has the Treager and 2 other guys have the Green Mountain grills. 

Rydon, do you have any go to recipes? Been rocking that thing for 3 years, I bet you’ve made some awesome stuff! 

Im a big fan of the pellet smoker so far, the guys at work love theirs too. 

Had 2 traegers, 1 old and 1 newer.  The old one is still going strong, the newer one was sold for scrap after it blew up for the 5th time in 6mos.  Got a Green Mountain to replace it and it's still running like a champ 3 years later.

Love my Traeger, easiest way to cook imo. I personally don’t see the use of WiFi controls how often are you changing temp without checking on your meat? 

Bunch of pellet smokers....

Love my Pitboss. Started out a bit rocky by showing up with a bad control panel but their customer service is the best. Talked to me 5 different times then overnighted the new control panel. So far so good.

cuzzi - 

LOL was about to say in before... but too late.

cuzzi - 

legit lol 

Fox, I use it for reference to know when I need to be back at the grill. I can see the temperature of the meat and know that it’s about done or that it’s time to go wrap it in foil or whatever. The app has a timer so you can set it to remind yourself it’s time to go spray and flip the meat and things like that. 

I was smoking unflavored bacon from the butcher the other night on 150 for about 1.5 hours, I cranked it up to about 300 for 15 minutes while I was tending to the baby to crisp it up a little and never had to even go outside. Heck you can even run to the store or whatever and even keep an eye on your temps while you’re out.  

In. Been contemplating the teacher since Christmas. Can’t decide if I want a pellet grill or a normal charcoal Weber. Do I need both or can I grill/sear on the pellet?

In

MasterofdisguiseRooster - 

In. Been contemplating the teacher since Christmas. Can’t decide if I want a pellet grill or a normal charcoal Weber. Do I need both or can I grill/sear on the pellet?

There are certain pellet grills where you can sear

lukester720 -

Fox, I use it for reference to know when I need to be back at the grill. I can see the temperature of the meat and know that it’s about done or that it’s time to go wrap it in foil or whatever. The app has a timer so you can set it to remind yourself it’s time to go spray and flip the meat and things like that. 

I was smoking unflavored bacon from the butcher the other night on 150 for about 1.5 hours, I cranked it up to about 300 for 15 minutes while I was tending to the baby to crisp it up a little and never had to even go outside. Heck you can even run to the store or whatever and even keep an eye on your temps while you’re out.  

Cool use, maybe I need an upgrade!

Considering getting one. Already have a Bradley smoker, propane, and charcoil grill. Have been eyeing the pellet grill. Probably going to go with an propane infared grill/deep fryer as my next plaything though.