Official PRIDE ShockWave thread

It's over.  It was awesome.  An amazing lineup and some great fights.  Some controversy but mostly just great action. 

How would you sum it all up?  Best submission?  Best overall fight?  Fighter of the night?  Biggest disappointment,  ETC....

Please Discuss

I will just say it was good overall. However i was disappointed in Kevin Randleman.

Pride while on paper was great, but proved to be lackluster in the end. With mediocre fights, and the usual shitty judging.

I was extremely bored up until the Pulver Gomi fight.

I must say that the Silva vs. Hunt fight was great and that --

HUNT DID WIN THE FIGHT!

Hunt controlled most of the fight standing up and although Silva had many takedowns, Hunt escaped ALL of them, got back to his feet and continued to shock Silva with his striking. 

It went the distance but to say Silva won is rediculous.  Hunt controlled 75% of the entire fight and he didn't even gas against a much better tuned fighter in Silva.

Congrats to HUNT! 

zppblood, I agree with everything you said.

molsonman, I didn't like the Pulver/Gomi fight that much. It was a boxing match in an MMA event.....boring!!!!! And I thought the ref stopped that a little too early.

MMA can be ground or standing up. It was a standup fight, I never heard anyone consider that one boring. When two guys put it all on the line for us like gomi vs jens, that is not boring.

"molsonman, I didn't like the Pulver/Gomi fight that much. It was a boxing match in an MMA event.....boring!!!!! And I thought the ref stopped that a little too early."

I think they stopped the fight just a little bit too early as well. The ref should have let Gomi land a few more shots to see how Pulver would respond.

Yah and I think Jens only lost due to poor aerodynamics.  The flames that were cut into his hair only went around his head half-way.  I think that threw off his balance and timing.     

LOL. He should learn from Hearing. I think I can come up with a formula for fighters in the future so they can make sure their hair styles help their fighting.

Here it is:
Your fighting abilities on any given night are inversly propostional to how funky your hairstyle is. Someone please put that into a mathematical equation.

Don't believe me? All the best fighters have no hair or very little hair.....you be the judge.

lol@"official" thread

I liked the event

gomi/pulver was one of the fights I was looking most forward to and it paid off :)

all in all the event was pretty good, and I am satisfied

personally, I could have done without Giant Silva, other than that, a great show...

There can't be a single person on the planet that enjoys any aspect of Giant Silva's game - it's brutal from top to bottom.