OFFICIAL: PRIDE taking over U.S. f

fightworld.com

"OFFICIAL: PRIDE taking over U.S. from UFC!
Posted by fightworld

At least that what Nobuhiko Takada and DSE execs are telling the Japanese press.

There was absolutely no holding back on Sunday when Pride execs say that plan on "stealing the U.S. market out from underneath the UFC".

Pride says they'll do a MASSIVE debut show in Vegas pitting 5 UFC fighters against 5 PRIDE fighters.

Later we'll fill you in on some proposed megafights that could happen in Vegas!!!"

and UFC would agree to this why?

buddie

*double post* (sorry)

buddie

why not?

fightworld.com with yet another scoop

This should be a great year for MMA...

as a fan of the sport I dont worry about what is good for the ufc I look at what is good for the sport.

I heard about Prides fight card for Las Vegas and it sucked. I mean bad. I dont know if it was final yet but it sucked ass.

Cajones,

That has NOTHING to do with it.

Pride will never succede in the USA unless they hire someone who understands American consumers and American culture. There's a really good reason that they only do 5,000 ppv buys in the USA, they can't market here for shit.

Also, Pride is too WWF'ish for American fight fans. So many people think UFC is fake, think of the image pride exudes, especially now with the masked Dos Caras fighting. They're kidding themselves if they think they can take over the USA market. That's like Zuffa saying they're going to take over the Japanese market with UFC. Its not gonna happen.

Hey, I'm a big fan of fightworld, but this scoop isnt newsworthy. We have been hearing about this for the past year.

Come to think of it, the last scoop concerning the UFC TV show wasnt special either- we have been hearing about that as well, and nothing has been announced.

sounds great, hope theres no bad judges descisions

"The name sounds gay. The ring looks like WWF. The restarts on the ground look very homosexual.

It will not sell."

I agree with the name, but your crazy if you do not think the ring is more fan freindly like boxing, dont be so negative.

Doesnt ufc have restarts in that position after they check for a cut after the sudo bang situation.

"The name sounds gay. The ring looks like WWF. The restarts on the ground look very homosexual."

Well thats the truth. The ring does suck and so so the restarts.

Anyway Pride won`t be stealing any UFC fans . The only people who know about Pride are UFC fans and I doubt anyone will quit buying the UFC because of Pride ,no matter how they try to make it sound.

i liked the octagonal shaped ring they used for PRIDE 'BEST'

that was a cool design

Cbreeze, you are a tard

The American market is by far the most lucrative in the world. If Pride could be America's #1 MMA promotion anytime they wanted...they would have done it by now.

Pride does not know how to market itself to an American audience and they have nowhere near the brand name recognition in the U.S. that the UFC has

Pride will never topple the UFC in America

Willie how can we take you serious when your the biggest ufc mark on here, and anti pride, we know what you will say already.

The ring is alot better to the general audience, it will look like boxing not wwe, but of course you will assume its wwe.

"Pride will fail miserably in North America.
The name sounds gay. The ring looks like WWF. The restarts on the ground look very homosexual."

actually, the ring looks more professional and casual viewers see the fighters as more legit because Pride does the whole show very professionally. there's nothing wrong with the ring. also, since when does using a ringing "look like WWF?" last i checked, boxing uses a ring as well.

don't forget that the idea of using a cage was part of Rorian's conception of marketing MMA as a "two people enter, one person leaves" gimmick to sell tickets and PPVs.

"actually, the ring looks more professional and casual viewers see the fighters as more legit because Pride does the whole show very professionally."

Oh, ok, I guess that explain the tremendous 5,000 buys each PPV gets here in America.

LOL

Ironlung and willie on the same thread no wonder theres so much negativity.

I dont think it will be a blockbuster, but those few thousand buyrates are with 0 promotion, and almost all profit brought in.

We will see how well they do when they promote there show for real in america.