Official UFC 302 Makhachev v. Poirier thread

And Colby wont do shit either, we all saw how he froze against UK champion, was literally deer in the lights

Anw if Dustin survives first two or three rounds he may be able to pull it off

Leonardo Dicaprio Kinda GIF

1 Like

Islam said these gloves will cause more cuts due to how they’re stitched. Stickland also said they suck. Interesting because the old ones seemed super stiff. They should have gotten more fighter input.

3 Likes

Alright, alright, alright :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Islam
Costa
Oleksie
Price
Dos santos
Almeida
Almeida
Dawson
Mathews
Gall
Perez
Lima

Dustin said that they do feel more fist ready in that they are less fingers pointy straight. Like the Pride gloves I’m assuming.

1 Like

I don’t know man. I think they look cheap and gaudy.

1 Like

I’m definitely in the minority on this one

2 Likes

I still appreciate your opinion.

1 Like

Donald Cerrone Sport GIF by UFC

3 Likes

At first i thought its only for champions

1 Like

Idk why the ufc does what they do sometimes. The glove color change, the ufc 200 canvas, the belt design was much better the way it was before.

I mean, they paid 60 million for Pride. Why even design a new glove at all when you own the company that had far better gloves?

5 Likes

As the injury analysis dork that stalks the UG, I am looking forward to the Gall vs Hafez fight. Gall has been out 2 years, and has had low back spine surgery. 2 years is a long time to recover from this surgery, so he either had some issues along the way or he took the extra time off intentionally. He wins his UFC fights almost exclusively via RNC, which means he must take Hafez down at some time if this strategy holds true for him.
I will particularly be interested if he is able to get a takedown while clinching along the cage, as this is very fatiguing and could be a weak spot for someone who has struggled after spine surgery. Also, how does he maintain power when he shoots for a takedown?
Subtle weakness of the trunk muscles can cause reduced ‘stiffness’ of the trunk in a takedown attempt.
I have no reason to believe that he is not fully recovered. But these are the things that I will be watching for!

6 Likes

talking butters stotch GIF by South Park

2 Likes

WAR DIAMOND

1 Like

Welcome back!

God I hope Dustin wins. I realize the odds are not in his favor but the dude deserves a belt.

2 Likes

the gold gloves remind me too much of that low tier mexican promotion LUX

1 Like

Beautiful Sunny day here, I just got off work, should be mowing my lawn I think instead I’m gonna order some food, crush some beers, watch/bet on some Boxing/MMA

2 Likes

Should be a good night of fights, only one wmma fight and it’s buried deep in the early prelims.

1 Like

Looks like a good lineup. Will try to tune in