OG brothers I need some advice! In a bad spot.

Ok so this might be a long read but, any help or advice would be appreciated.

I recently got divorced from my wife, we owned a house together and I had a car I got her that's in my name. We divorced and I have been staying with a friend or my gf since June, still paying the bills for 1/2 the house, utilities Ect. Well I have been struggling to say the least. I work 40-60 hours and have maybe 100 bucks to my name after bills not including gas and such. My girlfriend who is awesome lets me live with her for nothing basically all I do is buy groceries (which is a struggle in itself). Last night I get a text from ex wife that she is going to have a family come to look at my dog (English bulldog who stays at the house since my gf cannot have pets) to give to them. I was devastated and upset, told her under no circumstances to give the dog away. The dog is like my kid. Ex then says fine I'm not feeding her watering her or taking her out anymore.

Im at a cross roads. Do I just say fuck it and walk away from the mortgage let the house get foreclosed and keep up all the other bills? Do I file bankruptcy and give it all back? Do I keep paying half the bills and hope the housing market bumps up and it sells eventually? What are my options guys? I'm so sad and depressed over my dog (my mom is taking it which is a plus, the bad part is she lives in sc and I live in pa) and the stress of always being broke im loosing it. Any help is appreciated Phone Post 3.0

where in pa, i'm sure there is an OGer who is willing to foster house your dog (for sex of course)

What are your actual responsibilites to your ex from your divorce?

First things first- take a couple deep breaths, close your eyes, think of something funny like a memory or joke that always makes you laugh.

Next, weigh your options one at a time. Make a pros-cons list and go through each thing one at a time. That will help you not feel so overwhelmed.

After that, take a moment to be grateful. The situation may be bad but it's still better than a lot of people's situation.

Last, make a reasonable decision. It sounds like the most beneficial thing is to not ruin your credit and lose money by abandoning the property. That's lose-lose. I would exhaust all other possibilities before making that choice. Phone Post 3.0

Sell her car
Look at a short sale/ deed in leiu rather than foreclosure
Close any joint accounts/have your name removed Phone Post 3.0

Serioulsy, we need to know what your actual court ordered financial obligations are. Do you have kids with this woman?

hire someone from the internet to remove the ex-wife from the equation.

PM me

Pretjah - where in pa, i'm sure there is an OGer who is willing to foster house your dog (for sex of course)
this. I'm in western pa and would consider helping a brother out. my dog would love it haha, just would have to pass it with my gf Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Tom O'Bedlam - First things first- take a couple deep breaths, close your eyes, think of something funny like a memory or joke that always makes you laugh.

Next, weigh your options one at a time. Make a pros-cons list and go through each thing one at a time. That will help you not feel so overwhelmed.

After that, take a moment to be grateful. The situation may be bad but it's still better than a lot of people's situation.

Last, make a reasonable decision. It sounds like the most beneficial thing is to not ruin your credit and lose money by abandoning the property. That's lose-lose. I would exhaust all other possibilities before making that choice. Phone Post 3.0
This. Make a reasonable choice.

So, my suggestion is kill the wife's family and stage them in your house for her to find. I would also recommend using a knife and when you're finished painting their faces like circus clowns. Lastly you should tape the knife to your dogs paw so the ex-wife thinks he did it. Phone Post 3.0

"When you're finished,(comma) paint their faces like circus clowns." Phone Post 3.0

Talk to ceiling cat, he's an atty that does divorce. He can probably point you in a much better direction than the rest of us.

Pretjah - where in pa, i'm sure there is an OGer who is willing to foster house your dog (for sex of course)

This is a good idea. Seriously

Mark Krumrine - Ok so this might be a long read but, any help or advice would be appreciated.

I recently got divorced from my wife, we owned a house together and I had a car I got her that's in my name. We divorced and I have been staying with a friend or my gf since June, still paying the bills for 1/2 the house, utilities Ect. Well I have been struggling to say the least. I work 40-60 hours and have maybe 100 bucks to my name after bills not including gas and such. My girlfriend who is awesome lets me live with her for nothing basically all I do is buy groceries (which is a struggle in itself). Last night I get a text from ex wife that she is going to have a family come to look at my dog (English bulldog who stays at the house since my gf cannot have pets) to give to them. I was devastated and upset, told her under no circumstances to give the dog away. The dog is like my kid. Ex then says fine I'm not feeding her watering her or taking her out anymore.

Im at a cross roads. Do I just say fuck it and walk away from the mortgage let the house get foreclosed and keep up all the other bills? Do I file bankruptcy and give it all back? Do I keep paying half the bills and hope the housing market bumps up and it sells eventually? What are my options guys? I'm so sad and depressed over my dog (my mom is taking it which is a plus, the bad part is she lives in sc and I live in pa) and the stress of always being broke im loosing it. Any help is appreciated Phone Post 3.0

Why did you leave the house? Why not her?

Thanks for the advice so far. My dog is headed south to myrtle beach South Carolina to live with my mom and dad. She hates the cold and hopefully she loves it there.

As far as the terms of the divorce we agreed to split the house (both debt and profit of sale when sold) and anything in my name I pay and whatever is in her name she pays, we have been doing ok with her driving and paying for the car on her own even tho it's in my name. My credit is a 579 right now due in part to other shenanagins she did while we were married. I have no kids with her. The housing market in my area is in the shitter, nothing is selling. Literally at my wits end Phone Post 3.0

kungfugrip - hire someone from the internet to remove the ex-wife from the equation.

PM me

Dude.

Refusing to feed the dog ? What a cunt. Phone Post 3.0

Is your dog good with kids and house trained?

I have a wife and two boys under 5 here in Charlotte NC and might be able to talk wife into watching him for you. The kids would go ape shit, but chances are the 20 month old will finger your dogs ass at least once, but the neighbors cat loved it and now wont leave the kid alone... Phone Post 3.0

Get the car and sell it asap... Phone Post 3.0

so many people going thru this in life

Hong Kong Phooey -

so many people going thru this in life

I know I'm not the only one or even saying that I have it worse by any means. I'm just to the point that I'm angry and miserable when I wake up. My girlfriend is the only bright spot I have had, and it is currently is causing issues with us because of the situation im in.... Ughhhh Phone Post 3.0