OG coffee drinkers? Is it a bad daily habit?

I drink coffee on a daily basis, probably 2 cups. Each cup with no creamer and 2 packs of Splenda. It's not an early morning routine at my job or anything, as my job doesn't start til 6 pm. It's really just something to do and gives me a little buzz to help go about my day. Any negatives here? Phone Post 3.0

Use Stevia instead of Splenda. Stevia is all natural Phone Post 3.0

I think being a coffee slave is. Recently broke free and feel much better. Terrible withdrawal going cold turkey too! Phone Post 3.0

just read an article about 2 cups a day being the perfect amount, it actually benefits you. drink up and feel bad for all the weaklings who arent hopped up on the good shit

Eggbert - Coffee both regular and decaffe are terrible your your gi track. "I can't shit in the morning until I have a coffee" yeah there's a reason your colon is a spaz Phone Post 3.0

I don't think "I can't shit.." literally means "I'm constipated without my coffee." Coffee doesn't cause constipation, if anything, it relieves it because it stimulates the smooth muscle of the GI tract to expand and contract (also called peristalsis). Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but haven't you advocated the use of psyllium husk to relieve constipation?

Coffee has been studied pretty extensively, and has actually been shown to have a variety of health benefits.

It makes the body more insulin sensitive, decreasing the risk for type 2 diabetes. It's been shown to be neuro-protective, protecting the body from the development things like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. Coffee has benefits on mood; regular coffee drinkers are statistically happier people and are less likely to suffer from depression than non-coffee drinkers. Coffee has been shown to protect from certain types of cancers (such as liver, prostate and COLORECTAL cancer), as well as protecting from strokes. Coffee is packed full of antioxidants, in fact, coffee is the primary source of antioxidants for many individuals in the western world. Statistically, coffee drinkers have a higher IQ- while it hasn't been studied as in-depth as these other things, it's theorized to be from the increased synapse firing in the brain. Coffee has been used by many great thinkers throughout history for it's ability to increase focus and mental acuity.

Also, to OP, buy good coffee and you don't need sweeteners. I recommend a Ethiopian or Kenyan coffees. Shit tastes like sweetened butter.

I fucking love coffee. Drink it all day. I get up and the first thing I drink is coffee, and thats all I drink until around 7pm. And then its sweet tea. And I drink the coffee with sugar too.

That cant be good for me, can it? I mean, what if copious amounts of sugar is actually good for you? The medical community has been wrong before. Phone Post 3.0

Powdered green tea (macha) is a better quality source of caffeine imo.

Debatable. Green tea, or tea in general, hasn't been associated with as many health benefits as coffee has.

And a better buzz.

On that note, you're just objectively wrong.

Coffee is perfectly healthy. Humans have been drinking it for over a thousand years. Phone Post 3.0

Philip Proctor - Coffee is perfectly healthy. Humans have been drinking it for over a thousand years. Phone Post 3.0

This guy has MD after his name, so he must know what he's talking about.

I went cold turkey two weeks ago and my body still hasn't adjusted

MushroomHead - 
Eggbert - Coffee both regular and decaffe are terrible your your gi track. "I can't shit in the morning until I have a coffee" yeah there's a reason your colon is a spaz Phone Post 3.0

I don't think "I can't shit.." literally means "I'm constipated without my coffee." Coffee doesn't cause constipation, if anything, it relieves it because it stimulates the smooth muscle of the GI tract to expand and contract (also called peristalsis). Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but haven't you advocated the use of psyllium husk to relieve constipation?

Coffee has been studied pretty extensively, and has actually been shown to have a variety of health benefits.

It makes the body more insulin sensitive, decreasing the risk for type 2 diabetes. It's been shown to be neuro-protective, protecting the body from the development things like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. Coffee has benefits on mood; regular coffee drinkers are statistically happier people and are less likely to suffer from depression than non-coffee drinkers. Coffee has been shown to protect from certain types of cancers (such as liver, prostate and COLORECTAL cancer), as well as protecting from strokes. Coffee is packed full of antioxidants, in fact, coffee is the primary source of antioxidants for many individuals in the western world. Statistically, coffee drinkers have a higher IQ- while it hasn't been studied as in-depth as these other things, it's theorized to be from the increased synapse firing in the brain. Coffee has been used by many great thinkers throughout history for it's ability to increase focus and mental acuity.

OMG! I see why I am so awesome now!

Pretty sure recent research has indicated that a cup or two of coffee a day is actually good for you.

All great responses. I have found that I never have the urge to shit in the mornings, but as soon as I have a coffee its BOMBS AWAY. Coffee shits are nothing new though..

Anyone else drink their coffee from a Keurig? Or am I just a hipster pussy?

Tomato Can - Pretty sure recent research has indicated that a cup or two of coffee a day is actually good for you.
Recent years? Most of the studies regarding coffee over the years has been almost unanimously positive. Phone Post 3.0

ChristopherMoltisanti - All great responses. I have found that I never have the urge to shit in the mornings, but as soon as I have a coffee its BOMBS AWAY. Coffee shits are nothing new though..

Anyone else drink their coffee from a Keurig? Or am I just a hipster pussy?
Keurig has become pretty widespread and has been upgraded from hipster pussy status to regular-guy-who-wants-a-decent-cup status.

The hipster pussies--or as I say, coffee enthusiasts--are drinking pour-over brews. Phone Post 3.0

as others have stated, 1-2 cups is good for you. esp if u brew it yourself using imported African beans and a 2000$ machine. sweeten it with Stevia, not Splenda or any aspartame-based sweetner. Phone Post 3.0

As pointed out above coffee is good for you ... at least, black coffee. 2 packs of splenda (per cup?) is the habit to get rid of, although that's an entirely different thread

Ever since I started my new job I've been drinking about three cups a day. Definitely need to cut down the amount but the energy it gives me is priceless. Phone Post 3.0

KenBania - 12 cups a day for at least 15 years now. I feel OK
Grandma? Phone Post 3.0