OG Folding Team-H&Mgrd represent!

(For everyone that knows what this is already, use team number "66731")

I noticed there are a lot of people that leave their computers on constantly and they don't make much use of it in the IDLE time. Your computer will not suffer any degradation at all or affect the overall lifespan.

Why not make use of it?

http://folding.stanford.edu/

Here is the main site, read about how we use distributed computing in order to help answer questions that help solve and cure diseases.

Basically, there are several ways to set it up and I'll help you.

1. Full Folding - Just run it as you've downloaded it, it will always use a little CPU power while you are doing things and will automatically scale back when you need it.

2. Screen Saver Folding - Set it up where it only works when the screen saver is active, has a cool looking screen saver too.

3. Laptop - You can also set it NOT to run when you go on battery power.

It will run on Linux, OSX, all Windows flavors and even the PS3 now.

Install it on your work computer or home computer, it is NOT using much bandwidth at all (A picture thread will easily load up more data usage than this would in 2 weeks), it only sends small files through HTTP (Your web browser) so you will not have any flags on your network at work or have to open anything in your firewall.

Here is where you download the program. http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

When you download the program, go to team number and enter in "66731"

THIS IS FOR A GOOD CAUSE!!!!

(Notes: If you are worry about this being malicious or something bad, it isn't, I'd hope that I've given enough IT advice and help on this forum to warrant my word)

PS3 Users: Download the latest patch (1.6) and you can start folding with your PS3, the PS3's cell technology is GREAT for this and you can process as much as 10 normal desktops, I highly encourage using it. This will not wear it down at all as its strictly processor only use (no moving parts)

Thanks to Fin, our fearless leader!