OG gun experts, need your wisdom

Inherited this from my grandpa, don't know who made it or what model it is just that it's a revolver. Couple more pics to come.

edit: double pic, fucking app.

Schofield or top break .38....

Damn Nice!

1 Like

I think that's a smith and Wesson model 3. That grip is not original. There's likely markings or a serial number under it. 

1 Like

Looks like an old Iver Johnson top break. Maybe .32S&W?

1 Like

Vrill -

I think that's a smith and Wesson model 3. That grip is not original. There's likely markings or a serial number under it. 

Yup. Wasn't sure if I should post those or not.

That looks like a very decent hand-carved grip. I'd definitely leave it.

1 Like

The Pete -
Vrill -

Yup. Wasn't sure if I should post those or not.

If it was a Smith, it would have markings under the barrel on the frame.

1 Like

Take the grips off

After a bit of comparison, it's definitely an Iver Johnson.

1 Like

Yep, Iver Johnson

1 Like

Didn't look/read, 

Glock 19 and pistol caliber carbines are for women and children. 

2 Likes

IronHands - 

A "Suicide Special"

Back in the early 1900s lots of companies were making break-top revolvers. You could buy them in just about every hardware store and general store in America. They were very cheaply made, and low priced.

The name came from the practice of going to the store, buying the cheapest gun they had, bringing it home, and offing yourself with it.

1 Like

phydeau -
IronHands - 

A "Suicide Special"

Back in the early 1900s lots of companies were making break-top revolvers. You could buy them in just about every hardware store and general store in America. They were very cheaply made, and low priced.

The name came from the practice of going to the store, buying the cheapest gun they had, bringing it home, and offing yourself with it.

Yeah, the gun in its original form isn't worth much. Without the owl grips, it only has sentimental value, OP.

1 Like

IronHands -
phydeau -
IronHands - 

A "Suicide Special"

Yeah, the gun in its original form isn't worth much. Without the owl grips, it only has sentimental value, OP.

Thanks for the insight! I wasn't planning on selling it at all, just looking to get more info about it.

Vote ups all around!

You can google the serial number and get more info on it

Damn, this old ad makes me want one